Best Buy Beta

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I think the pricing is solid, would be a steal if it was $150. If you buy a lot of tech yearly, the extra 2 years on most purchases alone seems worth it. Not to mention whole home tech support, including things you didn’t purchase at Best Buy? That’s actually really affordable.

Another sign that Best Buy is getting closer to kicking the bucket.
I love when people insist on sharing their thoughts in spite of having absolutely zero clue what they're talking about.

BBY's last 5 years have been the most profitable period in the 50 year history of the company. And last year was a record.

Capture.PNG

I love when people insist on sharing their thoughts in spite of not knowing what they're talking about.

BBY's last 5 years have been the most profitable period in the 50 year history of the company. And last year was a record.

View attachment 346057
You MUST know what you're talking about...I mean, you were able to use the internet to find a picture to make your talking point!

Watch out people! This guy knows how to share a google image!

I've been shopping less and less at Amazon in the past couple years. Most of my purchases have been at Best Buy, coincidentally, and I've actually started going back to Gamestop. Still use Newegg for all my PC parts purchases.

Does anyone know if Best Buy Beta gives you free same day or next day shipping too ?

I doubt it.

I've been shopping less and less at Amazon in the past couple years. Most of my purchases have been at Best Buy, coincidentally, and I've actually started going back to Gamestop. Still use Newegg for all my PC parts purchases.
Me too. I go out of my way to shop there. 80% of the time I leave the store empty handed. They just don't sell what I'm looking for.

I do hope they're around longer though. I mean, where else are we gonna go to buy over priced Chinese junk? Walmart?

What do you all think would happen if Microcenter expanded a lot? Like to ever state in the US ?

I'm not here to invalidate your claims. I'm here to give my opinion on what I see.
"Best Buy kicking the bucket" is a serious claim with no data to back it up. Their net income growth over the past 4 years has been huge going by any metric.

My observation going to actual physical locations has been that they're busier than they have ever been since at least 2014. It's harder to know their online business, but that is what the data is for.

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/BBY/financials/annual/income-statement
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/BBY/best-buy/net-income
Me too. I go out of my way to shop there. 80% of the time I leave the store empty handed. They just don't sell what I'm looking for.

I do hope they're around longer though. I mean, where else are we gonna go to buy over priced Chinese junk? Walmart?
This is why you shop the store online, first. Speaking of "getting with the times."
What do you all think would happen if Microcenter expanded a lot? Like to ever state in the US ?
I'd love to get Microcenter anywhere in Florida, preferably south of Orlando. Best Buy still leaves a lot to be desired, especially with PC parts.

I hate to admit it, because I can't stand Gamestop. But I think they should merge with Gamestop or atleast have Gamestop locations or vice versa in their stores.

This is why you shop the store online, first. Speaking of "getting with the times."
Then what's the point of having a physical location? Just somewhere to drop the item off so the customer can pick it up? That won't last long. People are lazy.

A bit pricey for what is on offer, most of which is useless to most of us geeks. The discount might be ok, but I bet it will be on garbage no one wants to buy anyway. Give us an edge on video card drops, and I'd be all in. That seems like the obvious play to make it a hit initially.

• Dedicated and exclusive concierge support
  • Unlimited Geek Squad technical support on all technology in your home (whether purchased at Best Buy or not)
  • Fast and free shipping with no minimums
  • Exclusive member pricing on a wide range of products
  • Free in-home standard delivery and installation on most products
  • Two-year protection on most purchases at Best Buy, including AppleCare on Apple products
  • 60-day extended return window
  • 10% off subscription services billed through Best Buy

The pricing is too good to be true. I would buy this in a heartbeat and move all my purchasing to Best Buy. Just a few of my purchases in the last three months:

M1 Macbook - Applecare is $250
iWatch Series 6 - Applecare is $80
iPhone 12 Max Pro - Applecare is $199
Airpods Pro - Applecare is $29
2x Homepod - Applecare is $39 each
2x Homepod mini - Applecare is $15 each
LG OLED TV - I wall mounted it myself, but they would have done it for me which costs at least $200 usually.

Just with these, that would be over $800 of value. Not including the free shipping value, or other two year protection on stuff.

The pricing is too good to be true. I would buy this in a heartbeat and move all my purchasing to Best Buy. Just a few of my purchases in the last three months:

M1 Macbook - Applecare is $250
iWatch Series 6 - Applecare is $80
iPhone 12 Max Pro - Applecare is $199
Airpods Pro - Applecare is $29
LG OLED TV - I wall mounted it myself, but they would have done it for me which costs at least $200 usually.

Just with these, that would be over $700 of value. Not including the free shipping value, or other two year protection on stuff.

Good thinking!

Makes sense, Costco is one of the largest movers of consumer electronics because they can constantly undercut just about everybody because their membership fees hide a lot of the costs for these things. If Bestbuy can do something similar I certainly wouldn't hate them for it. I have been gradually sending more stuff their way for their business purchasing on TV's Projectors, and speakers and such because their pricing for those sorts of things along with their selections is pretty solid.

Makes sense, Costco is one of the largest movers of consumer electronics because they can constantly undercut just about everybody because their membership fees hide a lot of the costs for these things. If Bestbuy can do something similar I certainly wouldn't hate them for it. I have been gradually sending more stuff their way for their business purchasing on TV's Projectors, and speakers and such because their pricing for those sorts of things along with their selections is pretty solid.
Plus no third party sellers. All directly from Bestbuy.com or Best Buy store.

I would be all for Microcenter replacing at least one Best Buy in every state without one if they ever die.

So what do you apparently see that shows BestBuy kicking the bucket? Considering actual proof, not just some random picture off the internet, shows how successful they are currently doing....
They closed a lot of stores last year. More this year due to their leases being up. Within the next 5 years I think they are going to be an online only store. They won't be able to compete with Amazon.

Also, when companies start offering these types of programs, it's because they're having difficulty bringing in repeat customers.

Last edited:
$50 for a membership per year. That is nothing, especially on some of the electronics deals. Their membership fee hides nothing. They have volume.

I hate to admit it, because I can't stand Gamestop. But I think they should merge with Gamestop or atleast have Gamestop locations or vice versa in their stores.
Why do you think this is a good idea? Keep GS as far away as possible from MC. They are two different markets and completely different business models.

Back on top I have no reason to get this service. BB around me are ghost towns and have nothing in stores. Amazon is for day to day stuff. MC for my computer needs and walmart if I need something now.

$50 for a membership per year. That is nothing, especially on some of the electronics deals. Their membership fee hides nothing. They have volume.
Their membership fees accounted for 3.66B last year, which accounted for more than 7% of their overall income. 7% isn't huge but it covers a lot of their loss leaders which bring people in the doors which helps with volume.

Does anyone know if Best Buy Beta gives you free same day or next day shipping too ?

I doubt it.
When I bought a washer & dryer from them last year, they didn't charge delivery. IIRC I ordered one online and one in the store. Not quite the same as buying a video card online, admittedly.

What loss leaders does BB even offer? Over priced cables and accessories?
Their most famous are their Rotisserie Chicken, Hotdog/Soda combo, and their Gas. I know there are lots of other door crashers and other such items that they put up from time to time that is designed to get people in the building for the "While I'm here" purchases.

I like to know if I get a benefit for purchasing GPU before every other bots/scalpers out there?

Why do you think this is a good idea? Keep GS as far away as possible from MC. They are two different markets and completely different business models.
Their business model is to make money. Their markets are now the same. Gamestop announced a couple of weeks ago that theyre going to start selling computer components and PC Gaming Accessories.

BB around me are ghost towns and have nothing in stores.
They were for me last year. I went in a month ago or so ago to get a new phone--wound up going to two different stores for reasons that aren't relevant to the story. Both stores were hopping.

Their most famous are their Rotisserie Chicken, Hotdog/Soda combo, and their Gas. I know there are lots of other door crashers and other such items that they put up from time to time that is designed to get people in the building for the "While I'm here" purchases.
When did Best Buy start selling those things? :)

What they need to do is offer a free streaming service with this subscription. Since they hardly carry physical media any longer, they could offer the movies they sell on it for free.

Back