Best buy and DVD upscalers

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking about getting a DVD upscaler for my 42" 1080p TV. Right now I'm running DVDs through my computer and I was wondering if the upscaler will work better. I want to see if there's a difference, but I don't want to commit to buying it if I don't think it's worth it. Also, I've been hearing some bad stories about my HDMI input, so I want to check it before I wait too long (getting a PS3 in a few months).

I've heard bestbuy's policy will accept full returns on many things if returned in a decent timeframe. Does this apply to DVD upscalers? Also, with the above metioned alterior motives, is buying it (will little intention of keeping it) to test my TV and returning it even ethical?

I work there. On DVD players/recorders there is a 30day return policy, and no questions asked as long as you have a receipt. No restocking fee either.
If you have any doubts or questions, ask for a copy of the return policy. Or there is a GIANT version of it in the front of every BBY store. They call it the 3X3, and is about 9X9 feet. It's printed in simple language too, no lawyer speak.

edit: forgot to mention, mu 'rents have an upscaler, a Toshiba, they bought at BBY for their new samsung HDTV. They like it, but that's all I know about the things.

Back