Best Buy 50 hr sale

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by fightingfi, Aug 18, 2016.

1. fightingfi

fightingfi Look at Me! I need the attention.

2. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

Pretty weak..

3. Ducman69

Ducman69 [H]ardForum Junkie

I heard they have 95% off 6' HDMI cables, now on sale for only $29.99.

4. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

When it comes to little things such as a hdmi cord, dvi or other cables like that I never go to bestbuy. They charge an arm and a leg for it so I feel you on that lol.

5. Ducman69

Ducman69 [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm not even kidding you, they had a male to female 12' USB extension cable for sale for $39.99.

6. exlink

exlink [H]ardness Supreme

They've had those same MacBook Pro deals for the past couple weeks ($150 off + another $150 off for students). It's nothing special; there have been eBay deals with 20% off brand new MacBook Pros across the board for the past month.

7. Skripka

Skripka [H]ardForum Junkie

Yea I don't even read their "sale" emails anymore .

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

The reason they can charge that much is 1) they make sure they don't have any other options (i.e. brands) in stock and 2) Very often it's the only choice for people who "need it now". Hell I even saw "Monster" brand stuff at Target, and I was like WTF... I can wait a few days and order it online.

9. mnewxcv

mnewxcv [H]ardness Supreme

where are the deals? I dont see any mention of it on the bestbuy site nor can i find the $1 iphone 6s....

10. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook [H]ardForum Junkie

From reading it, it starts at 11PM EST.

11. mnewxcv

[​IMG]

phillyboy likes this.
  12. waderunner

waderunner [H]ard|Gawd

13. EventHorizonVII

EventHorizonVII n00b

Inspiron 11 isn't a bad little laptop for a kid to pound around on. They use i-ready now and my little girl hogs my chromebook. Snagged one for her.

14. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

Looks to be solid if I didn't have to pay tax haha. This would be a nice card for my HTPC.

15. OpenSource

OpenSource Gawd

I'm curious as to how long Best Buy can continue to stay in business.

16. Soarin

Soarin 2[H]4U

27" monitor for 139, not bad I think.. wish I had the extra cash..

17. txsizzler

txsizzler [H]ard|Gawd

... aaaaand there is 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. Lousy sale.

18. ShepsCrook

I picked up the Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB Chery MX Silent Gaming keyboard. I figured I'd see how it compares to the Corsair K70, and @ $84.99, why not.

scgt1 likes this.
  19. had0uken

had0uken n00b

I ordered one, replacing my 4+ years old samsung. It's seem nice with decent reviewed.

20. mnewxcv

27" monitor for 139, or 40" tv for $149 (as monitor)?

21. ssnyder28

ssnyder28 2[H]4U

For most people that have no clue about electronics they are the only game in town. Those that aren't willing to buy things online or don't have a good store like a microcenter nearby will opt for bestbuy.

22. paco

paco Gawd

I'm considering that 40" Westinghouse TV. Should it's not great. Only 60Hz refresh rate. Probably won't make a great monitor. But for $150? Might be worth it.

23. cyclone3d

cyclone3d [H]ardForum Junkie

I really like mine.

Almost tempted to pick up another.. but I really, really don't need it.

24. cyclone3d

cyclone3d [H]ardForum Junkie

Few years ago I got a Westinghouse 40" 120Hz TV from Target on Black Friday for $200. Has not given me one bit of trouble.

25. ShepsCrook

I will say this... vs the K70, the quality is just not the same. However, the quiet keys, the responsiveness and the ability to change the color scheme to whatever you want IS nice.

26. chizow

chizow Gawd

Man so many Best Buy haters lol, its OK I used to hate Best Buy again but now I love 'em, they've done a real 180 imo when it comes to customer service and now that Amazon charges tax in most states, there's little reason not to buy from Best Buy anymore imo.

Here's some easy and creative ways to get great deals at Best Buy

1) Price Match. Best Buy actually advertises and honors this, unlike Amazon who shadily flips flops on their policy over and over again. For those who were talking about ppl who know what they are doing going to Micro Center, not even true!! You can price match BB to MC on CPUs and GPUs and rack up points on the transaction too!

2) Best Buy Elite. Great program, especially if you get the Best Buy Visa card. Spend $1500 or $3500 on anything with the Visa card and you get the benefits of Elite, 45 day returns and free 2 day shipping. Its like Prime without having to pay with Prime. Oh and you get 2% more in rewards on BB purchases. I put my ISP bill on the BB Visa and that gets me $2400 of the way towards the $3500, so I'm always Elite Plus.

3) Best Buy Card. No fee, but they constantly spam you with Reward Cert offers just for using the card OUTSIDE of Best Buy. So for example, they'll give you $20 in reward certs just for spending $400 outside of BB. No biggy, ISP bill + groceries + nice dinner that month and free $20 to spend at BB.

4) Reward Cert Bonuses. They also spam you with double and even triple rewards in a month or in a single transaction. So instead of 5% you may get 10% or even 15% rewards on a purchase.

5) External vendor rewards, like VCO or Amex offers. VCO for example is offering $10 off $100 if you check out with VCO. My Amex Blue Cash also offers $25 off $250. Load Amex cash on VCO, check out with VCO and spend $250 and you get $35 back with a few % back in rewards too.

6) Gamers Club Unlocked. Used to cost $60, now costs $30, I got it for free with my PS4, but this is a great deal. 20% off new games evein if they are on sale, this includes Special or Collector's edition. Pip Boy Edition for $105 or something was great! This is the biggest reason Amazon started offering 20% back for Prime members on Pre-orders. I just picked up Uncharted 4 for $32 in this sale, not bad for a newish game that is still popular!

7) $10 on Reward Cert on big release pre-orders. They have a list that constantly rotates but generally you can get big AAA games on launch day for $38 effective ($48 aftrer GCU and $10 in reward certs), free shipping and release date delivery too with Elite Plus

8) 6, 12, 24 month 0% financing if you need it with BB card but you forego points. Some ppl just like to finance stuff to make purchases easier to justify or wrap their head around. On stuff like big appliances and expensive TVs it may make more sense and they offer longer financing for those too usually. I personally like to use my accumulated rewards and then get more rewards by just using standard 1-month payment option. For example, I bought a $1000 4K Samsung TV earlier this year and paid $730 out the door because I had built up so many rewards.

9) Great deals on mobile phones, and again...points!!!!

So yeah, use your imagination, there are some awesome deals to be had at Best Buy!!!!!!

Net Prowler likes this.
  27. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Picked a G910 and G602 tonight for $109 and $39.
    logitch g910 spectrum.jpg

Anh N. likes this.
  28. chizow

chizow Gawd

NIce, yeah there are some good deals on Logitech stuff. The G933 is $140 which I think is the lowest price I've seen on those new headsets.

29. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

Who said they hated them? Lol...

30. chizow

chizow Gawd

lol read the thread again?

tired cable hate

asking how they stay in business

they're the only option for consumers who have no clue

etc.

In reality, Best Buy is a great option for the enlightened ;D

31. scgt1

scgt1 [H]ardness Supreme

Picked up one of those and the Corsair MM300 for $96.30 ($98.26-$.98(Ebates CB)-$.98(Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards)) Should be here on Tuesday. Only down side is I have to drill another cable pass through in my desk because the depth of the mat. Oh well the current one will be covered.

32. GeekMechanic

GeekMechanic n00b

So how long have you worked for Best Buy?

Deleted member 88301 likes this.
  33. groebuck

groebuck 2[H]4U

Their sales are never that great - and price matching is iffy (at least in my experience) and often times their web prices are not the same as the store prices....but...all that being said...if you know what you are looking for you can get great deals. local close outs, return mark downs or clearance items. For big box items like appliances yes you cannot beat the 6/12/18/24 months same as cash (keep in mind you cannot pay zero...you have to pay at least the minimum..so it is NOT exactly same as cash).

34. Skripka

Skripka [H]ardForum Junkie

WTF are "MX Silent switches"? I gather they are not red or black...are they tactile and silent? I've been waiting for a price break on the Strafe RGB on Amazon in MX Brown...which this would be awesome...

35. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

God you make no sense..

36. A15G

A15G [H]ardness Supreme

Typing on them right now and they feel between red/browns and being much much quieter.

Pull from Anandtech Review. "The Cherry MX Silent switches (MX Red variation) have an actuation force rating of 45 cN and those of our sample averaged at 45.6 cN. The difference of 0.6 cN, or even many times that much, is indiscernible by touch. Samples of models with Cherry switches usually have a disparity of 3 to 5%, therefore the new Cherry MX Silent switches are just as good as the older versions as far as consistency and quality goes."

Wife hates my K70 w/ Red Switches at night, it's too loud but I love red switches.

In comparison against my K70 the Strafe's build quality is a step down and I do miss my volume wheel/dedicated mute button but what kind of makes it up is by having a USB pass through which is nice. Under the keys it's white vs black like on the K70, keyboard looks kind of weird when it's off but not a big deal breaker for me. For $84.99 I think it's just right but at retail pricing of $149.99 I would say just step up to a K70 or look into something else. The quietness on the keys are simply up to the user and how fast he/she is typing. When i'm slowly typing it's pretty silent but if i'm racing for words per minute it's not that "silent".

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Skripka likes this.
  37. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

I took the fam to teh local bestbuy yesterday. I had to run some errands and stop by the metro pointe to return something to the Nordstorms. The Bestbuy store was freaking empty at around 11am as we walked around. I'm looking around thinking to myself, and this was supposed to be their version of Primeday? The hell? It's a ghost town!

38. bobby45512

bobby45512 Limp Gawd

I actually like best buy, never had a price match problem like I have had with Micro Center. I have Frys, Micro center, and best buy all nearby.

39. chizow

chizow Gawd

lol do you need a multi-quote to help you out? Same tired jokes about best buy when in reality there's tons of ways to get numerous deals and price matches, if you know what you're doing.

40. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

Our BB won't price match Microcenter but they will price match anything on Amazon as long as its being sold BY Amazon.