Best Buy 10% of Birthday Month

With the impending launch of high end cards I wanted to remind everyone BestBuy gives 10% off on your (or the person ordering) birthday month. Just need a Bestbuy account. Got my 2080ti for $1200-120 = $1080 this way (years ago.)
My birthday is in October, thanks! Edit: How do they know my birthday? I can't find it anywhere in my profile.

Last edited:
My birthday is in October, thanks! Edit: How do they know my birthday? I can't find it anywhere in my profile.

Mine is also October, but my guess is 3080/3090 gonna be sold out by then. I guess we'll see!

Interesting. Is this on the whole order or a particular item? Because if you're buying $2k worth of stuff that's $200 off. :D

I wish the RDNA2/Zen3 stuff was getting launched this month so I could pre-order something with it...

This sucks. Mine is truly 9/14. My 3080 is my bdat present to myself..... BUT " If your birthday is between today and the end of the following month, your birthday gift might be delayed."

So it doesn't sound like I'll be getting the discount this month.

I was the 5th, also got the delay message, but might be here by thursdays.

Lining up at Microcenter anyway, have never lined up at a best buy for a graphics card. Do the Best Buy stores actually get em?

I just got a notification from Best Buy that I get 10% on a regular priced item if I use my Best Buy credit card. That'll knock off the tax + $10 for me.

I just got a notification from Best Buy that I get 10% on a regular priced item if I use my Best Buy credit card. That'll knock off the tax + $10 for me.
Wait, can you stack this on top of the birthday discount? :nailbiting:

Oh yeah. I remember using that last year.

Is there a limit to how much the 10% can save you?

My birthday is in November... new console release month.
...and after Ampere release month.

Is this completely arbitrary thing trying to push me from PC gaming to console gaming?

They didn't give me a coupon this year despite spending enough the last 4 years to be elite plus member every year.

Do you have to have BB Elite to get the 10%??

Honestly I don't even know. I read on slickdeals its becoming random, not everyone gets one. I used to get it every year but then this year I didn't get anything. I spent enough that they gave me 2 free elite plus invitations which I gave to my father and brother in law. Both of them have birhtdays in december, I wonder if they will get the coupon this year. They used to send it out a week or two before your birthday month.

So will they email you when you get the discount? Have a family member who signed up for it. Can we use it to buy multiple items/orders? Thinking of getting 2x of the same GPU.

So if you spend 10k, you'd get 1,000 discount or is there a limit?

I was the 5th, also got the delay message, but might be here by thursdays.

Lining up at Microcenter anyway, have never lined up at a best buy for a graphics card. Do the Best Buy stores actually get em?

yes they get them but it's not a per store allotment, been years but if i remember correctly it's area based so they'll move quantity to stores that have a higher customer count if you have multiple stores in the same area.

My birthday is in November... new console release month.
...and after Ampere release month.

Is this completely arbitrary thing trying to push me from PC gaming to console gaming?

No, they want you to buy both. :D

So if you spend 10k, you'd get 1,000 discount or is there a limit?
it applies to certain regular priced items, but if you can find a single item that is 10k then I guess so. There may be a monetary limit in the fine print.

It can work for CPUs, too. Earlier this year I was tempted to get a 3950X for $750 - 10% ($75) = $675 but I held off.

Has anyone tried this on the LG tvs? Would be nice to get 10% off, shit anything helps!!!!

Has anyone tried this on the LG tvs? Would be nice to get 10% off, shit anything helps!!!!

Normally, the coupon would show as valid on the product page for anything valid. But, the LG OLED TV's are currently on sale (so, not eligible). Normally priced TV's show as eligable, so it should work on a normally priced LG OLED. But, since they're on sale anyway (for what looks to be roughly 10% off on most models), I see no reason to wait for the sale to end to use a coupon to bring them down to the price they currently are.

I also wouldn't buy a TV two months from black friday though, either.

Back