Best business-grade windows laptop without a gpu

viralcow

Limp Gawd
Trying to find a cheaper macbook alternative. Won't be needing a gpu so I hope to cut costs there. What's a business-grade, 15" windows laptop that has an i7-7700hq or faster, has great battery life, and doesn't look like a spaceship? Cheaper the better, of course.

Currently looking into the dell xps 15 line, but the configuration with the i7-7700hq also comes with the nvidia 1050 which I don't need and jacks up the price by another $200.

Dell offers the Precision 5520 in a configuration with a 7440hq (quad core 45w, but no hyperthreading) and no dedicated GPU. Another alternative (and the one I own) is the HP Zbook Studio. It is available with up to an 7820hq without a dedicated GPU. If price is a concern you can try searching for either on their respective refurbished websites. HP also has a few pre-built "Smart Buy" configurations of their models that they discount decently, available through resellers like newegg and provantage.

Thanks for the help.

It's frustrating as every option I've found thus far with a full-fledged, 45-watt i7 comes paired with a GTX1050 or similar. I did find the Zbook Studio you mentioned - however, the version without a gpu is actually more expensive than the version with the gpu, at least from B&H, the only retailer I've found that sells the non-gpu variant.

Maybe I shouldn't be complaining. There's plenty of laptops with both the i7-7700HQ and GTX1050 around $1000, which is actually below my budget. But it's just the principle of it all - I don't want to pay for something I won't use.

I guess I'll wait a bit longer. I'm hopeful that the newer, quad-core U processors from intel will provide the performance I'm looking for at a more affordable price point.

You won't find many consumer i7 laptops without dedicated graphics, just because the target market for those kinds of laptops are primarily gamers.

If you do like the Zbook Studio, I think the config you would be interested in would be 2HU31UT. Its available for ~$1550 new from HP business laptop resellers, although B&H doesn't have it yet for some reason.

HP also offers the Probook 450 G5 configurable with a i7-8550u and without dedicated graphics starting around $1100 on their website. Its a pretty new model so I am not sure what its like, but I have used an older Probook 450 G1 which was fine. It has a lower end IPS panel than the Zbook (hp says 45% sRGB), and the performance may be less than the 7700HQ, but it would be worth a look IMO.

Back