Best budget cpu air cooler?

Best budget CPU Cooler period.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 / 212 Evo.

Look for something that's found in a Dell or HP enterprise desktop/workstation.

Sorry to thread hijack but seeing as this sexy thread exists I don't see the need to make my own. I have a Ryzen 2600 on a MSI B450 Tomahawk inside a Corsair SPEC 02 case. Which cooler would you recommend for OC between the Cryorig H7, Arctic Freezer i32, and DeepCool Gammaxx 400?

Last edited:
Sorry to thread hijack but seeing as this sexy thread exists I don't see the need to make my own. I have a Ryzen 2600 on a MSI B450 Tomahawk inside a Corsair SPEC 02 case. Which cooler would you recommend for OC between the Cryorig H7, Arctic Freezer i32, and DeepCool Gammaxx 400?

Not sure how much help I can be since I was just doing the same research and havnt owned any of the three. I will say, the gammaxx gets decent reviews on some sites, but its fairly low end. I would drop that one off my list.

The H7 I almost purchased myself. It seems to be basically the best bang 4 buck cooler out there or very close to it. I dropped that off my list because it apparently has a fairly annoying/hard install. I decided I didnt want a cooler with a difficult install since I am installing the cooler in my old system and then will upgrade again soon and have to install it again in that system.

The i32 intrigued me. This low end budget cooler gets some crazy good reviews on some sites, like surprisingly good. I have seen a few sites with it within 2-5c degrees from a Noctua NH-D15. Almost to the point where I was doubting the benchmark results. It was hard to find in-stock and for whatever reasoning I passed on it.

Thanks for inquiring about the coolers. I may be pulling the trigger on a Ryzen rig (since I can't communicate with anyone in the FS thread) and this information is useful. The Noctua coolers intrigue me, but why would they use such an ugly fan on their coolers? People say it makes their coolers stand out, but my new case has a window and it makes me want to keep shopping.

Thanks for inquiring about the coolers. I may be pulling the trigger on a Ryzen rig (since I can't communicate with anyone in the FS thread) and this information is useful. The Noctua coolers intrigue me, but why would they use such an ugly fan on their coolers? People say it makes their coolers stand out, but my new case has a window and it makes me want to keep shopping.

The material they make the frames and blades from is "naturally" that color, so it's cost effective. They have dyed verisons now in black.

Does the Gammaxx 400 really outperform the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct this bad consistently? https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermalright-true-sprit-140-direct-cpu-cooler,4923-2.html The Gammaxx 400 seems to perform super well on tom's hardware lol

I dunno, I read lots of reviews and that thermalright true spirit 140 was at the head of the pack of best air coolers. I would definitely say the gammaxx 400 is way below that thermalright. Most likely some crazy high rpm fan doing that. This is why I hate reading benchmark websites because they are not always equal comparisons.

I dunno, I read lots of reviews and that thermalright true spirit 140 was at the head of the pack of best air coolers. I would definitely say the gammaxx 400 is way below that thermalright. Most likely some crazy high rpm fan doing that. This is why I hate reading benchmark websites because they are not always equal comparisons.

The review clearly showed the Gammax has a louder and higher RPM stock fan.

the gammax is about on par with a 212 evo. the true spirit 140 is among the best air coolers you can get and at $50 is one of the best bang for your buck high end air coolers. that toms bench test is just plain fud. no idea how they managed to bork their test methodology but they did. maybe deepcool hooked em up with a pallet full of gear. even with a 2000rpm fan the gammax wouldnt out perform the true 140 with its stock fan.

I agree the Gammax is about on par with 212.
TRUE Spirit 140 Direct is not really a top tier cooler and not worth $50, more like $35-40. It has 5x 6mm direct contact heatpipes(113sq mm/linier mm surface area) transfering heat to 52 fins 140x42mm (5880 sq mm) each for a total of 305760sq mm surface area and is a good cooler.

But the TRUE Spirit 140 Power is top tier . It has 6x8mm heatpipes (150.7sq mm/linier mm surface area) transferring heat to 45 fins 151x53.4mm (8063sq mm) 362853sq mm surface area fin area and is priced $49.99 on Amazon.

But TRUE Spirit 140 is wide and tall, so make sure your motherboard has enough space from center CPU to PCIe sockets so it's 75.5mm each way from cente of CPU does not block any PCIe sockets you plan to use .. and that case has more than 171.2mm of CPU clearance.

Back