Best Bluetooth Headset for Jeep Wrangler

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently bought a 2007 Wrangler and I'm looking for a good bluetooth headset. I know that most people will scream "JAWBONE!" in answer to this question, but I attribute that could be attributed to great marketing. It reminds me how people scream "BOSE!" when asked what good speakers they should buy.

In my situation I would list the main issues (in order of severity) as:

1. Wind Noise
2. Traffic Noise
3. Tire Noise

If you have *REAL* experience with bluetooth headsets in loud environments... please let me know. If that experience is with Jawbone... I'm interested as well. I'm not saying that Jawbone headsets aren't great for canceling out noise -- I have no experience of my own.

Thanks everyone.

Well, I'll be the first to reply... and, even though its against your product name, I've had good fortunes with the Jawbone.
I've owned a Wrangler as well, and now have a quieter Jeep, but noise is noise. I also tend to end up on my phone during loud situations (crowds, cities, etc) and no one has complained about my call quality when on my headset. It is also a clear and loud headset on the receiving end, and is quite comfortable.
But for anything in your use, I'd just look at headsets that have noise canceling technology and have a fitted earbud/noise isolation, that way you can hear your call. There are tons out there with noise canceling, but offer nothing in terms of noise isolation.

Well, I'll be the first to reply... and, even though its against your product name, I've had good fortunes with the Jawbone.
I've owned a Wrangler as well, and now have a quieter Jeep, but noise is noise. I also tend to end up on my phone during loud situations (crowds, cities, etc) and no one has complained about my call quality when on my headset. It is also a clear and loud headset on the receiving end, and is quite comfortable.
But for anything in your use, I'd just look at headsets that have noise canceling technology and have a fitted earbud/noise isolation, that way you can hear your call. There are tons out there with noise canceling, but offer nothing in terms of noise isolation.

Which generation jawbone did you use? 1, 2, or 3? If Jawbones are really the best out there I'll be happy to get one.

Thanks for the input.

I literally have 10-15 BT headsets in my office. I have used just about every good headset on the market extensively even apple's POS. The jawbone 2-3 (the 3 is called prime now) does cancel noise better than the rest. The only problem with the jawbone is if it does not fit your face. Just be sure you get it somewhere that you can return it. I wear the prime everyday and it is very comfortable, it also has multipoint (finally).

I literally have 10-15 BT headsets in my office. I have used just about every good headset on the market extensively even apple's POS. The jawbone 2-3 (the 3 is called prime now) does cancel noise better than the rest. The only problem with the jawbone is if it does not fit your face. Just be sure you get it somewhere that you can return it. I wear the prime everyday and it is very comfortable, it also has multipoint (finally).

So you feel the Jawbone Prime is good enough to warrant the $100 price tag? And, what is "multipoint?"

I went from the Jawbone 2 to the new BlueAnt Q1 and there's a noticeable improvement in call clarity even in open, windy conditions. The Q1's performance is not dependent on maintaining contact with your face (unlike the Jawbone) and its voice commands are pretty cool.

So you feel the Jawbone Prime is good enough to warrant the $100 price tag? And, what is "multipoint?"

I would pay for it (i get all of mine for free ;)) Multipoint allows you to connect the headset up to 2 different phones.

I went from the Jawbone 2 to the new BlueAnt Q1 and there's a noticeable improvement in call clarity even in open, windy conditions. The Q1's performance is not dependent on maintaining contact with your face (unlike the Jawbone) and its voice commands are pretty cool.

I have yet to try anything from BlueAnt, but really want to. I have a hard time paying for what I can get for free.

I'd go with the Q1 or the Plantronics Voyager Pro. I ditched my Jawbone2 for the Voyager, and it's the best headset I've ever used.

Any experiences with the following BT headsets in high noise / wind environments would be great. Narrowed it down to these four now.

- Plantronics Voyager Pro
- BlueAnt Q1
- Jawbone Prime
- Motorola Endeavor HX1

I looked up the HX1 and it won't be available in the U.S. 'til October. :(

I'm definitely interested in it, though.

My jawbone just died after 8 months yesterday (it connects but no one can understand me). I am a heavy user but I split my time across a dozen headsets. I am a little disappointed. Looks like it is back to my Moto H15

My jawbone just died after 8 months yesterday (it connects but no one can understand me). I am a heavy user but I split my time across a dozen headsets. I am a little disappointed. Looks like it is back to my Moto H15

Was that the original jawbone?

Update on the Blueant Q1: My second one has failed. The plastic post on which the ear gel is mounted snapped off as I plugged in the charger... again. That's it. I'm done with the Q1. I've got a Jawbone Prime ordered and on its way to me.

Anon, I've used them all (Except the HX1 of course) through my old job as a Sprint tech.

The JB was great way back in the day, the early JB1s. About halfway through their life, they dropped production cost and started cranking them out, and the quality suffered. The JB 2 was a load of crap, and I wasn't impressed with the JB Prime. More of the same, really.

I like the Q1, though the audio is a bit low. Constant firmware updates from Blueant, and I like them as a company. Never saw any build quality issues.

Voyager Pro is my new favorite. It's loud as all hell, clear, and wind resistant. It's not perfect by any means, but this is as close as it gets right now. A VERY worthy successor to the Plantronics 510 it replaced.

I tried the Voyager Pro but the thing was a beast on my ear. It felt like the old Jabra headsets from years ago.

Can't agree with entropism on the Jawbones. The first was okay but fit very poorly in my ear. The J2 is a great headset, everything the first one should have been.

I almost got the Prime but chose the BlueAnt Q1 instead. I loved the Q1's voice commands, but its audio was a bit low. Two Q1 devices with broken ear gel posts within three months is inexcusable. I'll post some comments on the Prime when I get it.

I'm really hoping the Motorola HX1 lives up to the hype. It looks fantastic.

If you wanna go all out on a headset, take a look at the Bang Olufsen Earset 2. You could carry on a normal conversation in the middle of an GWAR concert with the Earset 2. Amazing headset... and amazingly expensive!

Just got my hands on a Q1 and I am very impressed. But I will have to use it for a week or 2 to really know if I like it. For a non noise canceling headset I strongly recommend the Plantronics 925. I forgot how much I like this headset. I had been using it since my jawbone died until I got the Q1. Noise canceling is only average but it has the BEST audio quality of any headset I have used to date.

I recently bought a 2007 Wrangler and I'm looking for a good bluetooth headset. I know that most people will scream "JAWBONE!" in answer to this question, but I attribute that could be attributed to great marketing. It reminds me how people scream "BOSE!" when asked what good speakers they should buy.

In my situation I would list the main issues (in order of severity) as:

1. Wind Noise
2. Traffic Noise
3. Tire Noise

If you have *REAL* experience with bluetooth headsets in loud environments... please let me know. If that experience is with Jawbone... I'm interested as well. I'm not saying that Jawbone headsets aren't great for canceling out noise -- I have no experience of my own.

Thanks everyone.
Plantronics Voyager Legend is good against all types of noise cancellation and has a pro- noise isolation design. Apart from these, Legend has other unique features like reading emails/facebook news feed and a good battery life too. By many online reviews, it is considered as one of the best bluetooth headsets right now.

Back