Best bios settings for i7 4790k (boost 4.4Ghz)

Elric82

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I'm actually trying to cool my CPU a bit (bought an AIO too).

I'm looking into Bios settings, it's actually set in offset mode with a vcore of 1.17 (if i remember)

I was wondering about adaptive mode and which values I should try for the different settings.

I don't plan to OC right now, just having the boost at 4.4 but with less heat.

I have a mother board asus maximus ranger VII :)

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Set everything to default/optimized settings on BIOS, and just enable ASUS MultiCore enhancement feature in BIOS. Then everything will work as stock but the mobo will sync max turbo multiplier to 44 on all cores. That will be the easier way.

I would like to have lowest heat acutely and when it's default the vcore goes too high

Is it better to have it offset or adaptive?

Offset will do a better job.. just apply negative offset until you find instabilities and then back couple of notch until stable again... at stock settings that chip should be really cool undervolting won't do a huge effect, you may be saving 1C - 2C under heavy stress loads for extended periods of time.

Ok i will try that

My tems are 33/37 idle
In game it can goes to 60 for brief period of time but mostly 55/60 max.

i did a stress test on xtu and here are the results and temps : https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/422113442.png

I used kryonaut thermal paste and added 3 extra fan for push pull.
My case is a Enthoo Luxe
Gpu : evga 1080 Ti FtW3

Intake
2 x140 fans on the front
1x140 on the bottom

Exhaust :
6 fans on the top -push pull
1 140 on the back.

Al the fans are silent wings 3

And last but not least there are some screenshot of my bios settings, maybe you guys have optimisation tu suggest :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzsrl8gm4...iRR18107a?dl=0

FWIW,
I locked all four cores on mine at 4ghz @ 1v with a .05 offset.
With a H7 I never see anything higher than ~58c no matter what I do.
It's in a node 304 which doesn't help either.

I had my cpu delided and the temps were max to 60 on stress test XTU

I'm still on adaptive with negative offset (on the screen shot on my last posts)

Is that good?

Back