• Spec Ops Unlock

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Medic Unlock

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Anti-Tank Unlock

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Support Unlock

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Bah, Weapons are pointless in this game. Vehicles all the way!

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Tygerwoody

Gawd
There is tons of talk of what weapons are actually worth unlocking, so lets help each other out and vote your class favorite unlock weapon.

i haven't used them much, only in the demo when the servers changed the config to allow them from the start. but if you read the description for the unlock for the american sniper, dont' know if it's for other nations, it says that it's the only gun that can shoot through helicopter glass. if you can find a nice spot to snipe from that's near the other teams helicopter spawn, you can get tons of 1 shot kills when people first get into a helicopter and you shoot them out of the drivers seat. so nice.

I'm not going to vote since I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'd go for the medic unlock simply because I'm a medic through and through. There's nothing more satisfying than healing your wounded and reviving fallen soldiers as you storm an enemy control point. A good medic can really turn the tides. A slightly better gun could only make the medic better, and seeing as how that's basically the only class I play it's the first weapon I plan to unlock. I'm not far at this point, so I'll report back with an opinion when I actually unlock it.

Dijonase said:
I'm not going to vote since I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'd go for the medic unlock simply because I'm a medic through and through. There's nothing more satisfying than healing your wounded and reviving fallen soldiers as you storm an enemy control point. A good medic can really turn the tides. A slightly better gun could only make the medic better, and seeing as how that's basically the only class I play it's the first weapon I plan to unlock. I'm not far at this point, so I'll report back with an opinion when I actually unlock it.

No, I've found there's nothing better than killing an enemy by shocking them with your paddles.

I only got to use it for a few minutes on a demo server, but I love that G3 rifle. It doesn't have a scope, but the fact that 2 hits kills is a big draw for me. I really want that gun. 150 more points to get it! :D

The sniper weapon interests me, however I guess I like hitting power over a scope.

I really do wish they made Man VS. Machine a little bit better in this game.

I did vote that i only use vehicles. Really guys vehicles are way overpowered, which is why i use them. I rack up TONS of kills and rarely die. Anti tank? *laughs* rediculous. They really need to up the joke of a class anti tank so they can actually kill me. Everytime i get in a tank i kill minimum 7 people, and after that i either die or just jump into another tank. too easy :eek:

Well yeah, that's a given. A tank is a killing machine. The Cobra is as well. I gotta learn to fly that is the way to go. Ever been on a map where the enemy has a good Cobra pilot and your team doesn't? It get's ugly.

I tank AT and die a lot, but it's worth it for those 3 kill APC hits and such.

you guys thinking the American M95 sniper rifle need to actually USE a bolt action sniper rifle in the game. One shot kills are a rare event and working the bolt for the next round un-scopes you often causing you to loose target. The MEC standard issue sniper rifle is superior because you can rapid fire without leaving scope ( unless they nerf in the next patch )

Remember to stick to tower / roof tops and post claymores at the ladder tops. Saves you from many a knifing.

I'm the Dude said:
I only got to use it for a few minutes on a demo server, but I love that G3 rifle. It doesn't have a scope, but the fact that 2 hits kills is a big draw for me. I really want that gun. 150 more points to get it! :D

The sniper weapon interests me, however I guess I like hitting power over a scope.

Aah, G3.More games need that overpowered hunk of steel. :)
(I've even got the users manual lying around here.)

Now I really need to get BF2 to try it out there.

Just curious if any of you have any experience/info on the support unlock?

I find myself playing this class alot the last few days. I'm not sure why, as it's a thankless job and I seem to die more often than I do with the other classes. :rolleyes:

NewGuy said:
Just curious if any of you have any experience/info on the support unlock?

I find myself playing this class alot the last few days. I'm not sure why, as it's a thankless job and I seem to die more often than I do with the other classes. :rolleyes:

I have read in a post elsewhere that the support gunners upgrade gun is pretty good. More stopping power. I've played that class pretty minimally myself. They are useful to a squad that sticks together though. Each squad should have a medic and support guy.

I'm the Dude said:
Well yeah, that's a given. A tank is a killing machine. The Cobra is as well. I gotta learn to fly that is the way to go. Ever been on a map where the enemy has a good Cobra pilot and your team doesn't? It get's ugly.

I tank AT and die a lot, but it's worth it for those 3 kill APC hits and such.
No kidding man, I was flying a Cobra last night and got 43 points 24 assists and 5 kills. I usually leave all the killing of infantry to my gunner, unless he has a hard time hitting a guy.

So why is the spec ops gun unlock popular? It doesn't have the scope that the M4 has? Just better killing power?

I have unlocked the G3, and I rather like it, but the fact that you lose the use of the rifle grenade makes it slightly less appealing. I think the next one I will get will be the PKM (support unlock), as it is quite a powerful machine gun. I played with it on some of the weapons unlocked servers in the demo and really liked it.

I'm the Dude said:
So why is the spec ops gun unlock popular? It doesn't have the scope that the M4 has? Just better killing power?

I didn't really find the scope of the normal spec ops guns effective as those guns didn't have great range. What's the point of seeing something if you can't hit it? The G36C and it's iron sights are just fine for ranged fire.

G36C=sex.

Rhetoric said:
I didn't really find the scope of the normal spec ops guns effective as those guns didn't have great range. What's the point of seeing something if you can't hit it? The G36C and it's iron sights are just fine for ranged fire.

G36C=sex.

I don't normally go spec ops, but I did some last night and found the scope sight very effective. Especially for ranges of say 25 to 50 yards when it's basically a contest of who can line up the head shot first. When trying to do so quickly, the red dot is a nice crutch/aid. Let's just say I found it more effective than the AT mp5 or assult gun that I'm normally stuck with.

I wish the spec ops gun had the red dot sight instead. I had no problems hitting anything i could put it on at range and the iron sights block too much of the targets surroundings.
(if you think about it iron sights are not that common in the games many of these players are coming from, so spec ops gun is similar to your std. aiming crosshair)
I switched up for the slightly better stopping power and i think it has 5 more rounds? (and i like to blow things up, up close and personal :D )

Well I came from CoD where I could just POINT my mp44 from the hip and hit the head. None of this "random cone of fire" stuff. YOu are right though. Red dot is infinitely easier to line up that an iron sight under duress.

I'm the Dude said:
I have read in a post elsewhere that the support gunners upgrade gun is pretty good. More stopping power. I've played that class pretty minimally myself. They are useful to a squad that sticks together though. Each squad should have a medic and support guy.

Good to hear that the upgrade might be more useful.

I seem to get my ass shot off as support...don't know how long I can stick with it. The default gun just seems all wrong. I can be prone and hose someone down at point blank and they drop me. Oh well, maybe the unlock will even things out a bit.

NewGuy said:
Good to hear that the upgrade might be more useful.

I seem to get my ass shot off as support...don't know how long I can stick with it. The default gun just seems all wrong. I can be prone and hose someone down at point blank and they drop me. Oh well, maybe the unlock will even things out a bit.

I hear you. Any time I am in close, and see a support gunner prone, I just salivate. Easy kills usually.

However what you might try is using the gun like a submachine gun for in close fighting. I usually have the mp5 and was coming in to contact with support gunners firing from the hip. They usually won. So I tried support some, but got frustrated being prone and fring many shots into a guy and him never dying. Probably just some technique that I'm not used to.

The M249 SAW is pure BS in BF2. It's terrible. It's a freaking .223 round, there should NOT be that much recoil, especially since the gun weighs a ton and a half. Going prone, I often have to fire 2 round bursts for days on end to get a guy from 20 yards away. It's terrible. I have found the pistols to be the most accurate guns in the whole game. When I had the M16A2 as the medic, the 3 round burst was TERRIBLE. I'd run out of ammo there, switch to the pistol, bring up the sights, and in 6 shots, 4 of which are hits, the guy is down. I've killed 5 people with one 15-rd pistol clip. I can't stand the "random" feel of all the assault rifles. The medic unlock rifle is very good, but I still haven't quite figured out the Point of Aim on its sight yet. I think it's just a touch above the point on the sight pin. I'll have to play with it more. Let me just say that my pistol has saved my life many, many times when my M16A2 has run out of ammo.

Someone describe what each class gets.... what are the differences?

all i hear is the medic gets a scope.

KnightElite said:
I have unlocked the G3, and I rather like it, but the fact that you lose the use of the rifle grenade makes it slightly less appealing. I think the next one I will get will be the PKM (support unlock), as it is quite a powerful machine gun. I played with it on some of the weapons unlocked servers in the demo and really liked it.

Shame. They could have tacked an HK79 on it.

What's the first rank that allows you to unlock a weapon? I just hit Lance Corporal and I can't figure out how to unlock.

EDIT: Never mind. I exited the game and when I re-entered it asked me which gun I wanted to unlock. I'll have to see how that medic unlock is.

Okay so what all do we have?

Medic - Added scope. Is it a different weapon?
Sniper - New Sniper Rifle. anything different about it?
Assault - G3... no gren launcher but bullets pack more of a punch
Spec Ops - a gun without a scope. is it more powerful? wtf?
Support - ???
Engineer - ???
Anti-Tank - ???

From what I've heard, engineers get a less precise, but full-auto shotgun.

the support weapons suck bad. ive lost many fire fights using that weapon. though the chinese support weapon isent bad. ive been using the assault weapon lately and do like the grenade launcher ive been killed by it many times. im lance corporal now and unlocked the next weapon i like it. i hope they make improvements to the support weapons because i do like that class. ive lost alot of fights at close range and gotten the jump on them first and still lost extremely frustrating. the anti-tank is a bit frustrating also it doesnt seem to do enough damage. i try fighting in a tank and lose many battles also the reload time is terrible. ive tried the side the back the front no luck. the anti aircraft gun is also bad against the jeep and troops on the ground i have to fire off thousands of rounds just to take down enemy on the ground and with those same rounds i cant even drop a loaded jeep full of guys.

my recollection:

Medic - different weapon w/ scope, full auto or single fire (lotsa medics like it, looks pretty like an HK at least)
Sniper - .50cal bolt action rilfe, can penetrate armored vehicle glass
Assault - ? sorry i dont know
Spec Ops - iron sighted, higher damage per round
Support - PKM, heavier damage, less accurate
Engineer - 7 shell autoshotty
Anti-Tank - 12shell autoshotty

Medic - Added scope. Different Gun - more stopping power, more accurate, full auto and single shot
Sniper - 50 cal Barrett. Can penetrate armored cockpits (APC, helos)
Assault - G3 more powerful than default guns, no grens, 20 bullet magazine
Spec Ops - a gun without a scope, but still has iron sights, more powerful.
Support - PKM. 100 bullet clip, more power, big spread.
Engineer - autoshotgun (jackhammer) rouhgly comparable to the MEC shotgun. BRUTAL in shortrange
Anti-Tank - ???

Yeah, the Engineer gets the venerable Pancor Jackhammer auto shotty (like from FarCry) It woulda been more fitting if the Anti-Tank got a USAS 12 instead of the upgrade 12 shell shotty.

knothead34 said:
the support weapons suck bad. ive lost many fire fights using that weapon. though the chinese support weapon isent bad. ive been using the assault weapon lately and do like the grenade launcher ive been killed by it many times. im lance corporal now and unlocked the next weapon i like it. i hope they make improvements to the support weapons because i do like that class. ive lost alot of fights at close range and gotten the jump on them first and still lost extremely frustrating. the anti-tank is a bit frustrating also it doesnt seem to do enough damage. i try fighting in a tank and lose many battles also the reload time is terrible. ive tried the side the back the front no luck. the anti aircraft gun is also bad against the jeep and troops on the ground i have to fire off thousands of rounds just to take down enemy on the ground and with those same rounds i cant even drop a loaded jeep full of guys.

The mg's need to be tweaked, theyre almost useless right now. Anyone with an ak or an m16 will waste you 3/4 of the time because even prone theyre all over the place.

I voted the anti-tank. The regular SMG is horrible, but the "jackhammer" shotgun replacement can score some kills! :D

The medics upgrade definatly, the combination of being a medic and having a scope pretty much gaurentees you will win any long range firefight against any other unit.

I have 1100 points but they haven't given me Lance Corporal yet so I went to an unlocked server to try out the kits. I played for a few hours and I wasn't too impressed.

I'm probably going to get the anti tank one because it seemed to be the only one that was actually better than the default, not just different. And it can come in handy in certain situations.

The Spec Ops gun was good, but I use Spec Ops for mid range sniping (headshots) mostly so I didn't like the scope. It's a better close range weapon than the default one though.

The Medic gun seemed ok but the scope is weird and it's a little off. It shoots a little above and to the right. It also didn't seem as powerful to me as the default.

I didn't take anyone out faster with the sniper than the default sniper and never came across someone trying to take off in a helicopter so I'll pass on that one.

I mostly use the assault kit for the grenade launcher and the unlocked one doesn't have it. The gun is more powerful but also holds only 20 rounds per clip.

I don't really use engineer and support so I didn't mess around with them too much.

Maybe my opinions would change over time and usage but with most kits I found myself liking the default guns better.

I have not unlocked anything because I suck but I can say this. The game is so laggy that sniper rifles are useless.

saturnine2 said:
I voted the anti-tank. The regular SMG is horrible, but the "jackhammer" shotgun replacement can score some kills! :D

Yeah, I think you are talking about the DOA semi-auto shotty. Not sure how that is, but damn the jackhammer owns. It's easy really, run out into the road and lay mines, hopefully being seen by an enemy tank. Run behind a wall or some other barrier, then wait for the tank guy to get out and chase after you. Then, after wipping out your jackhammer, quickly unload 7 shots at close range into the unsuspecting passer-by. I can assure you that you will kill that guy instantly, with him firing maybe at most 5 shots. It works perfectly so much its almost scary. The only thing you have to get good at with that weapon is firing at the right time, aiming, and getting good at using the pistol, as you have to wipp it out almost every time you miss the guy (it takes too long to reload). If you are like me and like being the engg. trust me, go with the jackhammer. I also heard that the medic gun compliments the medic 'style' very well.

Barret Sniper upgrade - Basically useless. Same dmg per hit as previous sniper rifles only you can shoot into helicopters and planes now. This is near to impossible with the current scope zoom at range and is impossible obviously if the target is moving. Long reload time between shots.

L85 Medic upgrade - Nice scope, excellent accuracy and dmg per shot. Worth upgrading in place of the sniper rifle if you like to snipe.

G36 Spec ops upgrade - Decent ROF and dmg per shot, you lose the scope however but its nice all around. Not really an improvment though.

DAO-12 Anti Tank upgrade - Fantastic upgrade over the Mp5 and to me the best close quarters gun in the game. Rapid fire 12 gauge, seems to have more punch per shot over the Jackhammer. Can take a load of 12 shells which is the best part so you can literally wipe out 4 or 5 guys. Long reload time however. This is definitly worth it.

G3 Assault upgrade - Low clip count (20) coupled with high ROF, if you spray and pray alot, not for you, high dmg per hit and accurate when not moving.

PKM Support upgrade - Seems more stable then the american SAW, still is rather inaccurate at distance and requires too many hits to kill someone. However its got a very loud and intimidating sound.

Jackhammer Engineer uograde - Worthless over the pump in my opinion. Have to be very close and hit with most of the rounds to kill. Since its automatic and only contains 7 shots, it causes you to have to reload fast, usually before you've killed what you wanted, though thats in my experiance. DAO-12 is better in every way except reload time.

So to summize, i really suggest Medic and Anti Tank upgrades first. The others are really not worth it or the upgrade is just too small to matter.

Back