• Spec Ops Unlock

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Medic Unlock

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Anti-Tank Unlock

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Support Unlock

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Bah, Weapons are pointless in this game. Vehicles all the way!

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
Three questions:

1. How many points until the rank after Lance Corporal? (I'm guessing 10,000)

2. Do you get to unlock another weapon after Lance Corporal?

3. Is anyone higher than Lance Corporal yet?! :p

Private
Private First Class
Lance Corporal*
Corporal*
Sergeant*
Staff Sergeant*
Gunnery Sergeant*
Master Sergeant*
First Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant*
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major of the Corps

* = triggers unlock

Regarding the assult upgrade, the G3. It's definitely an upgrade for those one on one sudden encounters where it's all about who gets the lead in the other guy first. At short and even medium range you've got the Ak and the M16 guys beat, all things being equal.

Nevermind I found the button in the upper right to change the weapon.

I voted sniper but thinking about it the medic's unlockable is actually best; all the other unlockables are better in some ways, such as higher damage, but lose grenade launcher for example, but the SA-80 the medics get has a better scope, larger clip, increased accuracy and damage? Hmm.

I just unlocked my G36 and I have no idea how to equip it! I can only use the M4 even though I see that I unlocked the G36. How do I equip it?

Thanks

Sorry about the double post but I REALLY WANT TO TRY MY NEW GUN BEFORE I SLEEP! How do I equip my G36 that I just unlocked? Sorry about the urgency.

Isaacav2 said:
Sorry about the double post but I REALLY WANT TO TRY MY NEW GUN BEFORE I SLEEP! How do I equip my G36 that I just unlocked? Sorry about the urgency.
Join a ranked server then hit the little blinking button in the menu where you choose your kit.

I think the type of kit you like the most depends on what maps you play the most. Of course medic is an all around good choice, but I have to say I was very disapointed with the stopping power of that unlock. I usually have to empty most of a clip into someone even at close range. Also the damn scope doesnt have hit detection, WTF? Half the time I feel like Im shooting air with that gun.

I play karkland ALOT, and have to say I can really rack up the kills with the support gun. I think you guys are assulting with it, oddly thats not how you rack up kills with support. I tend to lay ambushes in choke points that I know will bring people to me(also a good way to pick up an extra kill when the medic comes by). If you run and dive it gives a lousy cone of fire, despite what I have read about insta prone. At long range anything more then 3 shots is a waste of ammo, take the split second to ease off the trigger and burst, no more crazy cone. When I go up close I tend to use the guns massive spray to my advantage, just jump/strafe and aim in their general direction. Ive had many people empty a clip at me while I still have half the cooldown left on my SAW :D I find it funny that so many complain about how bad the gun is, if you know how to use it you can overpower an entire squad with it, since its just an endless stream of lead hehe. Only thing I fear is the noob tube and the G3 at long range of course.

I picked up the spec ops upgrade off a few dead people, damn tight cone of fire at full auto and lots of stopping power. I actually got a few team kills because I was used to spraying with the medic upgrade, lol. I expected the medic gun to be more like the spec ops for some reason.

Dunno, my next upgrade is the support, wish the damn G3 had the noob tube, ah well.

-dave

The medic gun is just sexy. Very accurate and powerful. It's the only thing I use. :p The Spec-Ops guns is also very accurate. I can spray from afar and still hit my target.

Akuma said:
Join a ranked server then hit the little blinking button in the menu where you choose your kit.

Thanks, too bad I didn't figure this out last night. I can't wait untill I get off work :)

Joose said:
Okay so what all do we have?

Medic - Added scope. More accurate, full auto.
This is a great upgrade, I love the Spec Ops carbines because of the Full Auto / Semi Auto and this upgrade give you just that. I find the 3 rnd burst is very loose.

Sniper - New Sniper Rifle. Packs a big hit,
Meaning most of the time its 1 shot kills, Being able to shoot up LAV's is a nice feature also.

Assault - G3, no gren launcher but bullets pack more of a punch.
The lack of the Launcher is a bit of a loss, not to mention the small clip, but it makes up for it with that power!

Spec Ops - The G36C, deadly accurate if you fire in bursts.
It packs more Power per shot and once you get use to the Iorn Sights its awesome!

Support - New Machine Gun, with more power
I hate spray and pray weps, a Machine gun is not ment to be fired in bursts. But The upgrade does give more power per round

Engineer - Powerful Auto Shotty
The Jack Hammer is something to get use to, but its can smoke anyone at close range.

Anti-Tank - Also get an Auto Shotty
12 rnds in a rotating cylinder alows you to own at close range with no effort! The most hated gun by the person on the wrong end of this gun!

Actually, it is now known that the G36C does the same damage per bullet as the stock weapon, it just has less recoil. 25 damage per bullet for both guns.

I'm the Dude said:
Actually, it is now known that the G36C does the same damage per bullet as the stock weapon, it just has less recoil. 25 damage per bullet for both guns.

Well that may be true, but that lack of recoil makes 1 hell of a difference!

The Cone of fire is obviously tighter, and the Iron sights are very easy to get use to.

It would be nice if you could upgrade your side arm.
I would love to be a spec ops and unlock a MK23 or something with more BANG

I'm the Dude said:

How is this known? In the game menue it shows the M4 with low/med damage and the G36C had Med damage. There seems to be a difference according to the game.

Isaacav2 said:
How is this known? In the game menue it shows the M4 with low/med damage and the G36C had Med damage. There seems to be a difference according to the game.

It's on some weapon stat page from a Prima guide or something that was floating around. Also, a guy over on Ars forum confirmed it by going into the game files and finding the data. Don't worry though, the decrease in recoil does give the G36C the edge, although the iron sights kinda take away a little too. The weapon unlocks don't really matter that much in the big picture though. Vehicles like the tank, apc, and of course the choppers and jets, have way more killing power.

i voted vehicles all the way...although id like to say the sniper on SMALL MAPS with LOTS OF PPL (try playing a 16 player map on a 64 man server. its damn fun, but also pretty chaotic)
and on large maps the medic gun.....but thats only cus its the better than the other unlocks.....im always spec ops and im almost always in a chopper, jet, or tank.

Majin said:
It would be nice if you could upgrade your side arm.
I would love to be a spec ops and unlock a MK23 or something with more BANG

A Deagle would be too much fun :)

i would have to go for the medic upgrade and the PKM, but the medic upgrade 'bounces' around too much and i usually find myself out of ammo before i know it, other than that, great gun

since i play on servers that are dedicated to karkland/city maps the PKM has been a dream for me

also, since im halfway through my corporal rank ill be getting a G36C when i become a sergeant soon :)

I got the Medic unlock, and I like it.. but it feels REALLY... quirky. Quirky.. yeah, that's it.

I don't want to say random, because it isn't. It's not inaccurate, either.... but it's quirky.

It seems to do almost no damage on body/leg shots, but insta-kills on headshots, for one. I guess other guns are like this, but I've had way too many "watch the crosshair X light up at least 3-5 times while firing at a guy, only to have him not die" experiences followed by "as soon as you start spraying, one taps his helmet and he dies".

It's not THAT accurate scoped/prone/single, either. It's certainly above average, but it's not as useful as people make it out to be. There's a difference between almost knowing the first bullet will hit your target and knowing that bullet will kill him. This is slightly compounded by the amount of cone ya get trying to fire at anything resembling a respectable rate.

I'm rambling, and probably talking out of my ass. I like the gun, but it's almost unpredictable sometimes. Although, I can vouch for the scop sight being off. You have to aim a little low.. don't put their body at the tip of the sight, but instead a teeny bit above it. At least, that's my experience.

The PKM has ridiculous accuracy issues. Honestly, I could throw bullets more accurately than that thing shoots them.

Ive unlocked everything except PKM and my thoughts

g3 - for some reason i cant snipe lon range with it. Seems bullets dont go that far. And i am really good with the single shot sniping

g36c - probably my fav all around. so accurate, i just go single shot and aim for head

jackhammer - i used to never play ENG but it is fun !! The jackhammer has more range than the DAO and more powerful, just have to aim it well. I love to F guys up with it in close quarters. Def a mean gun. My 2nd favorite

medic - Great for mid/long range on single shot. But i got bored of playing medic after awhile. Close fighting is more fun

DAO - very good but have to be so damn close and the reload just pisses me off to no end

m95 - bleh....should be more accurate. Also, i ahvent been able to shoot hummer drivers, which doesnt make any sense to me

saqdeez said:
Ive unlocked everything except PKM and my thoughts

g3 - for some reason i cant snipe lon range with it. Seems bullets dont go that far. And i am really good with the single shot sniping

g36c - probably my fav all around. so accurate, i just go single shot and aim for head

jackhammer - i used to never play ENG but it is fun !! The jackhammer has more range than the DAO and more powerful, just have to aim it well. I love to F guys up with it in close quarters. Def a mean gun. My 2nd favorite

medic - Great for mid/long range on single shot. But i got bored of playing medic after awhile. Close fighting is more fun

DAO - very good but have to be so damn close and the reload just pisses me off to no end

m95 - bleh....should be more accurate. Also, i ahvent been able to shoot hummer drivers, which doesnt make any sense to me

If you unlocked these on the same character then you have far too much free time on your hands ;)

I unlocked the PKM and the M95. PKM has great stopping power but poor accuracy over range.

The M95 has taken some getting used to and is not as accurate as it should be, BUT I have gotten some really good one shot kills from amazing ranges. I also seem to hit moving targets better than stationary ones. Plus I have yet to take out a chopper pilot (passengers in the transport choppers are easy) or kill a hummer driver.

brad. try hitting em at the heli pad. when they are waiting for it to spin up so they can take off......much easier to hit them then.

or when there hovering. as long as their moving youll have a VERY hard time hitting them.....but if you do, its funny if they have a gunner and hes like: WTF DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! STOP SPINNING!...oh..........then either bails or takes over as the pilot

I can't count the number of times where I have been the gunner and been trying to blow something up and it just keeps spinning, then I notice... WHERE IS MY PILOT!!!!????
Jump in the the seat or jump out..... Hate that so much when your the gunner in the big jets and you just start heading towards the ground and don't realize why till its to late!

i voted the medic unlock, but just unlocked the assualt gun yesterday.
and wow, this gun is amazing, shoots like the medic gun but more stopping power. even though i dont have a grenade launcher anymore, i get nades which is equally good. i was thinking about the anti tank unlock since i picked it up off a guy i killed and that gun was quite fun to use, but lack of range put me off for now. will most likely unlock that gun next.

4b5eN+EE said:
brad. try hitting em at the heli pad. when they are waiting for it to spin up so they can take off......much easier to hit them then.

or when there hovering. as long as their moving youll have a VERY hard time hitting them.....but if you do, its funny if they have a gunner and hes like: WTF DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! STOP SPINNING!...oh..........then either bails or takes over as the pilot

Cool, I will give that a go.

I was playing today. I formed a Sniper squad and had 3 people in it. One on my squad was positioned on the crane and was happily sniping away but didnt notice an enemy sniper right next to him sniping away. They were too close to see the IFF and just carried on. Until I killed the other guy. :)

I just unlocked the Support GKP gun...

I like it.

I had my high score of 40 points last night while using it. I never got that high before. (Note: I don't heli spawn camp, I only play infantry, and I don't take bases, I usually defend, so 40 points is great.)

Its alot like the SAW but it takes a guy down with a shot or two. The SAW requires you to hit them around 4 times for a death. Its also pretty accurate while prone and shooting a few round bursts. I was happy with my purchase.

I was also considering the new sniper rifle as like I said I usually defend so my crosshairs are usually stuck on my own flag waiting for enemy infantry to jump down near it.... Snipers are good for defense that way but its usually 1 shot 1 kill if you aim for the head, and the normal sniper does a pretty good with that anyways.

Yeah, I have the G3 unlock, however last night I was noob tubing it up with the stock weapon. I love how it wastes people in Humvee's and whatnot. Put me in the camp that finds the launcher just so damn fun, it's hard not to take it sometimes.

I'm just a couple days away from my second unlock and torn between the G36C and the Dao. I hate having to decide, because I dunno if I can bother with the next rank.

the M24 (not an unlock, but the USMC basic sniper rifle) is my absolute favorite gun. aim at their forehead and they go down hard. with 1 shot.

i wa playing some map that was very urban.(dont know all the names yet, will update if i find out) it was almost the end of the game(we were losing :( )

the enemy had the only flag we had under attack from a rooftop right next to it. i went right next to the bulding and looked straight up......20 easy kills with the m24 :p

they kept spawning on their squad leader and crawling on to the edge, so all i had to do was aim at their head....and the fell right off the edge of the bulding :p

I just unlocked the DAO a few min ago, and its pretty awesome :) Really helps the anti-tank class score more kills!

I"ve just discovered the fun possibilities of the M24 sniper rifle also. Head shot kills are satisfying as hell. I love climbing up high and setting up. It's a weapon I had ignored for the longest time. I get tired of running and gunning and it's a nice change of pace.

The DAO-12 was my first upgrade but I haven't used it in a couple of weeks because I got sick of the fact that it has absolutely no range whatsoever. Its great up close, but more often than not you're in a situation where the enemy is out of range and you have to quickly switch to your rocket launcher and try to snipe them with but it takes too long to line someone up with the rocket launcher in order to get a body shot; I wish it had splash damage like grenades.

I was considering getting the sniper upgrade because I really enjoyed playing that class for a while. Its hard to find a server where your teammates know what the red skull & crossbones means though.... I was getting far too many TK's from people running into my claymores. They're great for defending yourself while you're trying to capture a flag, or keeping an already captured flag from being overrun as long as your team knows to stay away from it. Unfortunately most people don't read your warnings on the screen though and any points you get from capping & defending flags are usually punished away.

Right now I mostly play Assault because of the noob-tube / grenade launcher. I've got my accuracy up to 71% with that thing and over 1200 kills with it now. I'm definately not sacrificing it with the assault upgrade.

So I guess its down to the Medic or Spec Ops upgrades, because I don't want another shotgun as an Engineer, and I can't seem to get anywhere as Support. I might wait until the 1.03 patch comes out, when you'll actually get points for blowing up the enemy commander's resources (artillary, UAV trailer, etc) as Spec Ops because until then its basically just an un-armored Assault class.

So I guess its either get the Medic upgrade right away or wait till 1.03 comes out and get the G36C. Hmmm.. I've got about 800pts till I hit Corporal... When's the patch coming? lol.

Oh yeah,
check out http://ubar.bf2s.com/unlocks.php for more info on what each upgrade does.

Unlocks Details

DAO-12
Anti-tank

You'll never be at a loss in close combat with the DAO-12 -- this is the supreme close combat weapon: Tons of fire power, quick between shots, and a spread of eight pellets per shot for an extreme 96 damage per shot. This upgrade is a no-brainer for any heavy anti-tank player.

* Total Magazines: 60
* Magazine Size: 12
* Reload Time: 0.625 per round (One shell at a time - can't be interrupted without switching weapons. )
* Standard Deviation: 3.2 0.2 0.3
* 'Pull out' time: 0.8
* Maximum Damage: 12 (per shell, 8 shells per shot)

G3
Assault

A high power rifle for the assault class. More accurate and deadly than the M16 at the expense of the M203 and 10 shots per clip.

* Magazine Size: 20
* Reload Time: 4.375
* Standard Deviation: 2.5 0.2 0.05
* 'Pull out' time: 1.166
* Maximum Damage: 40

G36C
Spec-ops

An overall improvement in power, zoom, and accuracy from any of the standard spec-op weapons, the G36C is a solid upgrade.

* Reload Time: 4.1
* Standard Deviation: 2 0.2 0.08
* 'Pull out' time: 1.166
* Maximum Damage: 25

Jackhammer Mk3A1
Engineer

Engineers, fear no more! Be useful in close quarter combat against enemies with this fast firing, high impact, automatic shotgun.

* Total Magazines: 6
* Magazine Size: 7
* Reload Time: 5
* Standard Deviation: 3 0.3 0.3
* 'Pull out' time: 1.33
* Maximum Damage: 15 (per shell, 8 shells per shot)

L85A1
Medic

One of the most lauded upgrades in BF2, the L85A1 is a powerful and accurate weapon that won't let you down in medium range combat.

* Reload Time: 4
* Standard Deviation: 2.5 0.3 0.07
* 'Pull out' time: 1
* Maximum Damage: 32

M95
Sniper

The M95 is the most powerful weapon in the game delivering a massive 190 damage per shot. Also of special note, this weapon can shoot through solid objects such as vehicle windshields.

* Total Magazines: 7
* Magazine Size: 5
* Reload Time: 6
* Standard Deviation: 3.5 2 0.5
* 'Pull out' time: 1
* Maximum Damage: 190

PKM
Support

The PKM, about double the power and accuracy of other support weapons at the cost of 50% their firing rate and clip size.

* Magazine Size: 100
* Reload Time: 6.25
* Standard Deviation: 0.8 0.4 0.02
* 'Pull out' time: 1.83
* Maximum Damage: 45

Back