Best bang for the buck Budget video card?

gwarren007

Fully [H]
I do no gaming but recently upgraded my integrated Cpu/Gpu to a Cpu and separate GPU. I am typing this on a ATI300 on win 10. I need passive.
No games, surfing and email.
YT videos

Last edited:
I do no gaming but recently upgraded my integrated Cpu/Gpu to a Cpu and separate GPU. I am typing this on a ATI300 on win 10. I need passive.
No games, surfing and email.
YT videos
old quadro or maybe gt 1030? Do you need video decode acceleration? If so h265 ? h264?

Standard surfing and one for Excel? I haven't delved into video cards /games much.

By budget I mean less than $100

Last edited:
Return whatever ryzen cpu you have and throw in a 3400g? ;)
Onboard graphics can manage multiple monitors just fine if that’s the issue.

Yeah, 3400g is an option. Otherwise, something like a GT 1030 or RX 550 would probably fit the bill. Both can be found < $100, neither is great at gaming, but they would both easily handle anything you throw at it (and even an occasional game on lower settings if you ever decided to).

Depending on what inputs you want, the 1030 typically comes with 2, either HDMI + Display Port or HDMI + DVI (at least those were the 2 most common configs I've found). They can be snagged on newegg or amazon for around $80-$90.
550 is out of stock for the most part on newegg (at least the ones sold by newegg themselves, 3rd parties have them) but if you have Amazon prime, you can find this for $65 (link below). It has 3 outputs, HDMI, DP, and DVI, so a bit easier in general.

https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-112...child=1&keywords=rx+550&qid=1602674843&sr=8-3

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Return whatever ryzen cpu you have and throw in a 3400g? ;)
Onboard graphics can manage multiple monitors just fine if that’s the issue.

The dell T20 had a 1225v3 with graphics (4core/no HT) and I put in a 1230v3 (4cores with HT) but it doesn't have graphic controller

As others have said, the most “modern” budget video card (from Nvidia) is the GT1030. They’re like $85 new on Amazon and are only single slot. Different brands have different display outputs so be careful there (HDMI/DVI-D) or (HDMI/DP). Not too sure about the AMD side. You’d have to spend almost double ($160) for the next tier budget card which would be the GTX 1650.

Back