Best Bang for the Buck (5.1)

nightelfmaster

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know the best performance for your dollar 5.1 speaker system? It would be great to get an affordable one, for around $100-150, but I'm afraid that they're crap. So what do you think is a good speaker set?

Unfortunately 5.1 isn't cheap (unless crap like you stated).
For 150-200 I would recommend 2.0, 2.1 or headphones.
The Klipsch 2.1 system should get you started.
Or you could go with nice studio monitors (2.0).
As for headphones someone else could point something out.

UnknownSouljer said:
Unfortunately 5.1 isn't cheap (unless crap like you stated).
For 150-200 I would recommend 2.0, 2.1 or headphones.
The Klipsch 2.1 system should get you started.
Or you could go with nice studio monitors (2.0).
As for headphones someone else could point something out.

Agreed. You could save up some cash and get a 5.1 receiver and the Fluance AV-HTB system, which is quite the price/performance setup.

so i guess speakers like the creative inspire are crap
but are the z-5500's good? or the z-5300e? or the gigaworks G500?

The creative ones mentioned are alright, but Klispch Ultra 5.1's are better and somtimes you can get them on sale for under 300$

these guys are thinking you're wanting something more than i'm thinking you do. If you're just looking for a good all around setup, it's gonna be hard to beat the z-5300e's. I've heard them in best buy and even with all the other crap going on around and in such a large room, the bass was still there and they sounded very nice.

I have the Creative s700's and they are awesome. I would definitely wait and save for them or something equivalent. Search for a refurbished or used set so you can save some dollars.

LunchboX3904 said:
these guys are thinking you're wanting something more than i'm thinking you do.

Nah, it's a bad habit of mine. I've really come to the conclusion that it's just wiser to buy even cheap Hi-Fi, because it can be applied to more than computers therefore paying for itself.

If it's any conselation, the Logitech X-530 set is amazing bang for buck.

hmm i think ill get those x-530's...
i mean, i don't listen to very loud music, and don't need thundering bass, but i rather just have an affordable solution. Thanks for all the input guys.

i farking love my z-640's from logitech, deep bass, lol rattles the living room mirror :p

very nice IMO, umm a bit of hissing, but i think i still need to mess around with my EQ settings :p

but id get em, cost me 30 bucks (my brother works at sams, they were running out of them selling them for 30)

soulsaver

Tiny said:
Agreed whole-heartedly.

Actually, My freinds X-530s sound like crap compared to my Inspire P-580. Maybe its the sound coming from the PC, but he has the Realtec 8 channel audio on his Chaintec 939 motherboard, and I'm just using a SB Live! 24 bit, but still... lots of snaps and crackle, especially when gaming. I have no problems gaming on my P-580s though. (except that I can't run them in 5.1 in anything except for CS 1.6 :( )

Back