Best backup software - incremental backups?

flashoverride

Limp Gawd
Basically, I am looking for some backup software that will compare files that have not been changed since the last backup and not duplicate them. Currently the software I have just makes a dump of everything in the specified folders every so often, which seems insanely wasteful.

Man, just some software to weed out duplicate files would be awesome - I had a spate of changing hard drives for a while, and ended up with a bunch of random backup folders with 30-40% overlap. Not enough to keep both, too much to just dump them all.

karens power tools, kreplicator

I use it at one of my cheap clients to keep a backup copy of files for myself (even though he says he doesnt want backup)
its got an option to do just changed files, Ive used it as a scheduled task as well.

Thanks all, I'll check these out. Free is preferred but I'm not against paying for software as long as it accomplishes what I'm looking for. :D

Any tips for general duplicate files? I have been using Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder for all of my multiple-labelled picture backups, but I haven't found a program that works as well for files.

I'm using Karens Replicator and it's great, but I'm looking for something for incremental backups that would keep previous file versions.

Back