Best AVI to Ipod Converter?

jtg1993

Gawd
Hi, my friend just bought a new Ipod Classic 80GB, but he cant really find a good .avi to ipod converter that. He would like it to have a target file size. And also what would be a size of a ipod video (dvd rip) thats still good quality? Also what are some good podcasts (computer related)?

Thanks
JTG1993

non-windows I'd say VisualHub ($$, but reasonable)
or FFMpegX (free-ish (nagware) but still pretty good.

for a DVD converter - MactheRipper & Handbrake (on the mac side)

otherwise, see the post above.

Prism Video Converter, It compress videos nicely. a 20 min 180 mb file gets compressed too 30 mbs which is great. I use it for psp and ipod video.

My friend ended up finding a good one called WinFF, But ill recommend Prism Video Converter to him.

""ImTOO iPod Movie Converter""" is the best video to iPod converter that converts all video files like AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264, RM, MOV, RMVB and VOB to iPod movies (iPod mp4) for Video iPod and iPhone.I don't know about the other details you wanted. Hope this information helps you.

WinAVI (commercial product) can do it, Super! (free) can do it, MediaCoder (free) can do it, handbrake (already mentioned, free) can do it, etc. There's literally hundreds of converters out there, and while I'd never say there's a "best" one overall, there could be one that's "best" for the person the OP is talking about.

The only way to know is to take a specific video clip of a known quality and crunch it down to iPod compatible format and watch it on the iPod - and do it again with another converter, then another, then another, until the one that offers the "best" ease of use and "best" image quality after the conversion sits on the top of the heap.

Back