Best Attributes to focus on for DPS Pally ?

What are the best Attributes to focus on for a DPS/RET Pally ? If i remember correctly Strength was obviously one of them, but isn't Stamina and Intellect the other good ones. And what about agility ? I know agility is mostly good for Tanks, but what about for a DPS Pally ? I'm curious about the Agility cause I have a few peices of armor that have Agi boosts, so i was wondering if should use them or not, cause I know having a high AGI, helps boost your agro, but since I'm not a tank, i dont want that.

Sorry if this is a stupid and obvious question. I've only been playing WoW off and on for a lil over a year, and its only been the last 6months that I've really started getting into it, and learning the technical side of the game

Alot of that only pertains to when you reach Lvl 85, and I'm only lvl 47, but I Just basically wanted to know how to pretty much set my character, and how to put him on the proper path to being a good DPS Pally. Anyways, So it seems like STR is key, and not to use AGI, which i figured that much, cause from what I've seen/heard AGI is key for Tanks, cause it helps boost agro, making mobs focus on you better. I was a lil confused about Gemming, since I never heard of gems, but it seems like they are really useful to a DPS/RET pally, and so would Jewelcrating be a good choice for my Pally ? and if so, what would be a another profession to go with it ? that would complement it. And also, they mostly just talk about STR, but usually theres two Stats to focus on, so what would be another good one to focus on, i was thinking either INT since it would increase your Mana, and since most of the Pally's abilities use mana that would be good, or i thought may STA would be good. but I'm not sure. Like i said in my first post, i'm completely new to this technical side of WoW, when i first start playing i thought all there was to it was doing quests and running dungeons with friends, i didn't realize there was so much to it, and now that i do, its make me wanna get into it more, cause I love that kind of stuff. But theres so much to absorb it can be a lil overwhelming ya kno. So thats why i asked for help.

Last edited:
You don't really have to worry about stats until you get into cata content or even 85. I wouldn't worry about professions until you get up there also. Gemming or enchanting isn't worth the money at lower levels. Also if you scroll down on the second link, it goes over the various professions on how they would benefit you. Unless you have another character with gathering professions, you need one to fuel whatever production profession, minus some exceptions.

yea but its better to get your professions skill level up so that way you dont have to start from the beginning of your profession once you reach level 85

If you are looking to get into the technical side, expect to min/max and constantly change professions to get the most of your character. So I would expect starting over some professions when you reach level 85. If you have reservations on that now, before you hit 85, then you should reconsider min/maxing in World of Warcraft.

However, if you are intrigued about min/maxing, then at this stage in the game - you shouldn't be worried about it. Take cues from what is happening in the raid scene now - what is good for you now - and go from there.

STR Only. Every slot, gem Strength, dont care what bonus is offered, go str. Then reforge to max out soft cap on Expertise/Hit/lastly mastery.

While leveling look for gear with Str and hit / crit / expertise / haste / mastery on it and the highest DPS 2h you can find. The only paladin spec that still uses Int gear is Holy.

yea but its better to get your professions skill level up so that way you dont have to start from the beginning of your profession once you reach level 85

Like what timtheenchantor said, if you really want to min/max you'll most likely have to start over whatever professions you chose. I wouldn't waste the time on professions if you want to get to 85 faster, unless you don't care about speed to 85.

If you're like me and hate grinding professions, it takes a huge chunk of time away if you manage to lvl professions as you're doing the relevant areas and quests already. You can min/max outside of professions, switching those is the hardest of the hard core. :p You will be fine raiding without going to that extreme. Of course being able to fly everywhere now probably makes it much shorter anyway, but gathering mats sucks, why sell them and then regather them at a later date?

Ok, so just cause I'm still new with some of the lingo, I had a few questions about some of the terms some of you used, 1.) Min/Maxing, 2.) Soft Cap

oh and I just restarted professions and decided to go with Jewelcrafting and a Mining, one of the guides i was refered to on here said it was a good one to start with, so after i max that out and am level 85 (which if I keep up at my current speed should be by the end of the month, I'm starting to learn the tricks of leveling up faster, plus I've been doing Instance after instance cause i was told thats good to do as well I remember the first time i ever played like 2 years ago, i made a dwarf warrior, and it took me over a month just to reach level 25, of course back then i didn't know what instances were, i only knew what raids where and I knew you didn't do those until at max level, and i didn't know half of what i know now either)

also what are some good links to mining routes, everyone i found has old maps (pre-cataclysm) even the one that i found that specifically said it was post-cataclysm it definitely wasn't)

Back