Best Apple Product Period

the newton.

:p

You beat me to it. I actually had one. Neat for its day but in the end it just wasn't practical. Now the handwriting recognition technology in Windows 7, that's practical. I'm amazed at how that technology gets overlooked. Sure keyboards are faster for text input but still the accuracy and slickness of the technology is just amazing. For a lot of folks they could much faster write out emails and and such much faster than with an on screen keyboard, me being one of them.

My fav apple product is the MacBook Pro.

I understand that It may not have the highest specs, latest and greatest hardware, however if you ever owned one of these things, their amazing.

The build quality. They feel so solid. The screen's are amazing. I love how the entire computer is 1 thickness. I hate PC laptops and how most of them are wedge shaped and plastic.

Hopefully the MBP's get updated soon. I want/need a new one. Heres hoping to a Mobile i5/i7 with at least a Radeon HD 5650, but really hoping for a HD 5830.

<3

I was always a fan of the Powerbook G4 12"

I agree on this one. Such a great form factor, I wish they'd bring it back. The 13" MacBook Pro is close, but not quite as nice of a size as the 12" PBG4.

The iWant.

There insatiable desire for money. They never get full. Always wanting more and more for the toys.

I know, I know...I started with a Apple IIGs in 1987. Paid $2600 which is still a lot of money and was a great deal more than 23 years ago. It was primarily for my children to use for education. I soon fell in love with it, BBSes, etc. I fell in love with my IIGs just several months before they dropped the line and pointed me to a Mac for $3300.

I went for a i386 clone for $1600 and never looked back.

My hyousehold has Zunes, Blackberries, Palms. There will never be another overpriced toy from Apple to drop support on in my house ever!

Last edited:
The iWant.

There insatiable desire for money. They never get full. Always wanting more and more for the toys.

I know, I know...I started with a Apple IIGs in 1987. Paid $2600 which is still a lot of money and was a great deal more than 23 years ago. It was primarily for my children to use for education. I soon fell in love with it, BBSes, etc. I fell in love with my IIGs just several months before they dropped the line and pointed me to a Mac for $3300.

I went for a i386 clone for $1600 and never looked back.

My hyousehold has Zunes, Blackberries, Palms. There will never be another overpriced toy from Apple to drop support on in my house ever!
Man that sucks, back then I can understand. You didn't have the internet we have today and the ability to more or less know when the next refresh will be and some hints as to what it will contain.

But these days staying up to date with Apple news is easy. If you're about to buy a Mac, just do 5 minutes worth of research as to when the next refresh will be.

I don't think Apple dropping support is terrible. While official support might cease, the internet is full of workarounds and updates for everything. And while I understand some people think owning a IIG for 50 years is what they like, sometimes it isn't practical and it's time to move on in terms of hardware.

Price I think is why most people dislike Apple, no other reason really. Great products but they keep their profit margin first for sure.

Price I think is why most people dislike Apple, no other reason really. Great products but they keep their profit margin first for sure.

Price and the fanboys.

I don't mind Apple hardware all that much, and OSX is ok, but I'm more familiar with Windows systems. Actually, the new trackpad is great. Way better than any other trackpad I've used. The funny thing is it only works well in OSX and not in Windows.

For the time and place, I think the 4th Gen iPod was one of the best Apple Products ever. Very solid good product and at the time way better than anything else.

You get what you pay for.

Voting for OS X. If not for the iPod it would be the product of the decade, IMO.

I have to go with OS X. It is an amazing OS in itself, and the basis for an amazing set of mobile devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).

iPod + iTunes

Several companies had already released portable music players but none of them could keep things consistent. Each of Creative's Zen Audio players had a different control scheme, abhorid playlist building, device specific accessories and lack luster sync software. Dell's DJs weren't that much better except they at least could share accessories to an extent.

Apple is really the first company to release a portable music culture. A player with an easy to use interface that was the same across all devices, software to capture. organize and transfer music to your player, and a store to easily purchase and experience new music without having to scour the dregs of the net. I'll bet most of you don't recall the articles that used to be prevalent on building your own MP3 player that used Smart Media cards and had to be connected via a serial port.

iPhone. Only apple product I've ever owned, but quite simply the best piece of technology that I've ever owned.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

iPod + iTunes

Several companies had already released portable music players but none of them could keep things consistent. Each of Creative's Zen Audio players had a different control scheme, abhorid playlist building, device specific accessories and lack luster sync software. Dell's DJs weren't that much better except they at least could share accessories to an extent.

Apple is really the first company to release a portable music culture. A player with an easy to use interface that was the same across all devices, software to capture. organize and transfer music to your player, and a store to easily purchase and experience new music without having to scour the dregs of the net. I'll bet most of you don't recall the articles that used to be prevalent on building your own MP3 player that used Smart Media cards and had to be connected via a serial port.

Zune is there now though. They are consistent, have solid hardware, solid software. IMO the only lacking point is OSX support. The GUI frankly is nicer IMO and more modern than the iPod's at this point.

Better marketing and a better set of media player would be a plus for the zune. Probably the best product with the least amount of exposure.

iPhone. Only apple product I've ever owned, but quite simply the best piece of technology that I've ever owned.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Awesome overall package and software. But iPhone hardware tech is a bit dated these days.

Apple just managed to ut the kibosh on $10 ebooks my wife lives on with her Kindle. Looks like it $15 now. Thanks money hungry Apple. It's catching : (

Apple just managed to ut the kibosh on $10 ebooks my wife lives on with her Kindle. Looks like it $15 now. Thanks money hungry Apple. It's catching : (

Not sure how Amazon caving to a publisher's demands is somehow Apple's fault.

Yeah, especially the 3G. it's time for an upgrade, can't wait for the next release (4th Gen).

The 3G did get an upgrade: the 3GS. ;)

But I'd be very surprised if the fourth iPhone doesn't have an A4 or some derivative thereof. The UI is about due for a refresh as well, knowing Apple.

I'd have to go with the Ipod Touch 2nd/3rd gen (they're practically the same). Of course the first gen was still good, but the 2nd gen has some more useful features.

OS X Leopard. I didn't say Snow Leopard cause they still haven't fixed the wireless adapter issues. And the MacBook/MacBook Pro's. Best trackpad out of any laptop. PC Laptops usually have small tiny trackpads.

But I'd be very surprised if the fourth iPhone doesn't have an A4 or some derivative thereof. The UI is about due for a refresh as well, knowing Apple.

what do you mean, 'about due for a refresh as well, knowing Apple.'? You realize the OS interfaces look very, very similar to the original System GUI? The bar on the top with all the major application functions hasn't changed... ever. They did add the dock, the ability to right click, and transparency, but they haven't changed the interface very much at all in terms of look or function (except adding features.

The iPod interface hasn't changed much at all either, still looks almost identical to the original interface (though, yes, it is now split, and more features have been added, but it still looks like it did back when the ipod came out, save a bit more refined)

Yep, I skip a generation on most of my upgrades. no 2G, got the 3G, no 3GS, will get 4th Gen. Usually works, sometimes it backfires however. :eek:

what do you mean, 'about due for a refresh as well, knowing Apple.'? You realize the OS interfaces look very, very similar to the original System GUI? The bar on the top with all the major application functions hasn't changed... ever. They did add the dock, the ability to right click, and transparency, but they haven't changed the interface very much at all in terms of look or function (except adding features.

And yet OS X has at least four separate UI styles: Aqua, Pro, Unified, and HUD. Apple usually finds time to tinker with the UI on OS X, sometimes inexplicably (reference Mail), and I expect the iPhone will eventually receive some alteration as well, though on a slightly more functional level.

For example, Springboard could use some adjustment to handle large amounts of apps, or at least better categorization and organization of apps. Apple never really intended for Springboard to handle that many icons, and the "multiple screens" concept simply can't be taken any further, lest the iPhone's home screen turn into a labyrinth of scrolling up, down, left, and right.

And let's not even talk about the lock screen...

There's definitely improvement to be made, and I would expect at least a step in that direction.

Awesome overall package and software. But iPhone hardware tech is a bit dated these days.

It has always been dated. The hardware has never been anything special. Apple is not innovative, they just put current tech together in new ways. Remember that the first iPhone did not even have 3G when at the time almost every smartphone had 3G.

It is just the overall package that works well.

and yes, the iPod interface is aging hard. Compared to the Zune it looks like the old man in the room TBH. But it is simple and they stick with it.

Back