Best App for .MKV files?

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
What app is best for playing .MKV files on your Iphone 6?

VLC does not have ads, it just has a dumb icon (traffic cone lol).

I have the DIVX pack and Perian on my Mac. I can play pretty much anything in Quicktime player.

Also is their any way to have no icons on your home screen like android phones?

Also is their any way to have no icons on your home screen like android phones?

Beyond shifting them to another screen (to the right), not really. There is no app launcher, just the "home screen" on iOS.

One thing I notice right off the bat is, IOS has almost no customization compared to Android. It seems that with Apple they tell you how you can use your phone. And with Android its a lot more freedom in what you can do with your phone. Well see how things go. I have 14 days to try and see if I like the Iphone IOS camp.

One thing I notice right off the bat is, IOS has almost no customization compared to Android. It seems that with Apple they tell you how you can use your phone. And with Android its a lot more freedom in what you can do with your phone. Well see how things go. I have 14 days to try and see if I like the Iphone IOS camp.

Serious question, have you been living under a rock for the past few years? It's always been like that, unless you jailbreak.

Here's a thread you might want to check out, good info in there. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1846874&highlight=

T-Mobile said if I return the iPhone its a $50 restocking fee. I wonder if that gets waived if I exchange the phone?

Dam. So if I wanted to exchange it, I would still have to pay $50 plus another $65 for the sales tax on the new device. I assume I will get the $65 tax I paid on the Iphone back, and then just have it applied to the new phone so essitail I would only be out the $50 restocking fee...

Or you could just you know, jailbreak it and Google a little bit....?

I just use a script to move the data into an MP4 container before I copy to my iOS device.

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c:v copy -ac 2 -c:a libfdk_aac -vbr 4 output.mp4

It's just converting the audio (from DD/DTS to stereo AAC) so it's pretty quick. Most downloaded video is already H.264 so no need to touch it.

I just like the stock video player, it's really efficient (1080p+ plays perfectly smooth) and the lowest battery usage of any player i've seen and you can use iTunes WiFi to upload files or another program like CopyTrans Manager to load media onto your iOS device like normal.

Last edited:
Sounds like you might be an android kind of guy. I love my iPhone but I know it's not for everyone. A lot of people have said what you did where you think that apple forces you to use iOS the way they want. I don't really see it that way. I see it more of I bought my iPhone knowing that I liked it the way it was designed and don't really care for widgets and all the other stuff like that. In all honesty, I would think the return fee would be worth looking at because you are stuck with a phone for a long time. Get one you will love. Maybe you can talk them out of the restalkintg fee if you pre order a galaxy s6 or something. Worth a shot.

Back