Best air cooler for 8800GTS/GTX?

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
just wondering, I want more clocks out of my GPU, but the stock cooler is killing me for that. I don't want water, just air. thanks!

I am personally waiting for the Zalman VF1000 to come out and see some reviews. It is supposed to come out before the end of August but could be as early as July.

If you don’t mind waiting that is an option.

Link

I'd prefer to have one now, any options in the market? if none are that great, I may just get water or something.

holy crap, I could kill someone with the size of that thermalright, ok I guess I am going with water cooling, those heatsinks are huge. thanks for your help!

my solution for 8800GTS....
837806184_cd0fef2bc6.jpg

yes it sounds like a jet engine and but it dropped it from 60-62c idle to around 50-51 idle... :D

these are the only other two ive heard about but ive never checked into them

Thermalright HR-03

Thermaltake TMG ND5

Wow the Thermaltake solution doesn't look very good... maybe it's quieter, but I mean, the fan is positioned on the opposite side of where it should be, like right next to the PCI Slots, so it blows ALL that hot air DIRECTLY into your case.... at least that's what it looks like from their pics of it. Not very bright Thermaltake.....

The stock 8800 solution is actually very good. Make sure you have good airflow in your case, and use Rivatuner to set your fan to 100%. I installed a fan on my case door blowing directly on the card, and it has reduced my temperatures by 8C during load.

The stock 8800 solution is actually very good. Make sure you have good airflow in your case, and use Rivatuner to set your fan to 100%. I installed a fan on my case door blowing directly on the card, and it has reduced my temperatures by 8C during load.

i haven't had to run the fan at 100% yet. How loud is it?

Back