Best Air Cooled Heatsink for 4800+/DFI Lanparty Nf4 SLI?

I was very interested in the XP-120 but according to DFI it will cover one of the PCI-E slots and as I plan on using both for SLI it is not an option...

I was very interested in the XP-120 but according to DFI it will cover one of the PCI-E slots and as I plan on using both for SLI it is not an option..

In that case I'd suggest the XP90C.

jcurry said:
In that case I'd suggest the XP90C.

I would just get the XP-90 since its around $20 cheaper and provides nearly the same performance. The XP-90C is heavy and wont make hardly any difference in temps.

You know what, I have an XP90 and the difference is only worth 2 degrees from the C, so yeah, burningrave is right, save the $20.

I have both the xp-90 and the xp-90 C. They both are excellent. If you want hands down best go with the C, but it is not really price efficient. The copper really does look sexxy though.

PowerMonkey said:
I was very interested in the XP-120 but according to DFI it will cover one of the PCI-E slots and as I plan on using both for SLI it is not an option...

thats true and not true.

it does block one of the PCI-E slots but its the first slot on the board which is one of the very smaller PCI-E that no one uses anyway. the second PCI-E on the board is actually the first PCI-E in my book and it clears the XP-120 just fine.

I'm putting my system together later today with this same board and cooler so I'll be sure to post some pics.

Yep, an XP-120 fits fine on DFI boards even if you wnat to use SLI. The heatpipes sort of come down to the 4x slot, but they only just get down that low, and you may even get a card in it, but it would be tight :p

Heres a (not very good) picture of my Ultra-D with an XP-120. My 7800 is in the first PEG slot and you can see the second PEG slot just below the zalman heatsink.

xp120.jpg

zalman has a new one coming out later this month that is supossed to be better than any of them. might be worth looking at.

Yeah, the CNPS 9500. Its *supposed* to be better then Watercooling and be just as (if not more) silent, but I dunno. It looks damn good though. They've had ads for it in both of the last issues of CPU Magazine.

lol yea...but if it can "replace watercooling" then it might be worth it :p im happy with my xp-90c though since it cools the cpu and ram :p

I love Zalman's marketing:

9500-chart.gif

I wonder what loop they used in their testing? A Bigwater with 90* angles at every connection to ensure a 0.01gpm flow rate?

If you want THE best, then that Zalman might be the best performing once reviews start coming out, but I think this Zalman would perform even better :D

zalman_big_cooler.jpg

Thanks to Sharka and Hexus for shosting these pics. And remember kids, don't do drugs or you might try to actually fit that hsf onto your motherboard and possibly crush your precious hardware ;)

ikellensbro said:
Thanks to Sharka and Hexus for shosting these pics. And remember kids, don't do drugs or you might try to actually fit that hsf onto your motherboard and possibly crush your precious hardware ;)

I would use that on my 7800GTX.

I guess I am in the same boat with cooling right now. I have the stock HSF and was going to put on a Big Typhoon or an XP-120 on. Then, I was looking into cheap water cooling but I decided that if I went that route that I would want to cool the VC as well. So, a more expensive setup is the only way to go in terms of water.....

Now, I plan to wait for the Zalman. Interesting to see if it can do as claimed.

Back