Best aftermarket heatsink/fan for i7 2600K?

plac

Gawd
Best aftermarket heatsink/fan for i7 2600K? Looking for air cooled only.

Using my stock Intel heatsink/fan combo. Just so sad looking I want to upgrade it to something a bit better. I'll make note of my average temps before this upgrade.

Not looking for a $100 cooler or anything. Just your average mans high quality cooler in a $30-$60 price range. Is there the most loved top 3 around here? I like a lot of CoolerMaster and Zalman. Easy of install is also preferred, dont want to pull my entire motherboard out again.

Take a gander at the Hyper 212+. Its a favorite among many and should provide you with good performance.

The cogage true spirit is excellent for the price. However, by default it comes with a bolt through kit for 1366, so you would have to also get the thermalright 1156/1155 bolt through kit.

naw im the type that goes with the crowd. found the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus at Frys and just got back with it. I read a bunch of assorted reviews on it today also, and saw nothing bad about it. Hopefully it fits in my case.. Should.

I hope the fan direction naturally works in my case.. My rear fan is an exhaust, with twin 120mm in front as intakes.

198878_1858627872981_1459410787_2033070_1592102_n.jpg

This Coolermaster 212+ is sweet. My cpu idle since i installed it is 20-21C. Dont know what it was before and dont care. Just wanted a nice solid fan in there for the long term. Install went well, no issues. Pics soon.

Running Prime95 just for a quick test. All 4 core/8 thread maxed 100% as I type this. Can't get the temp to hit 58C.. Been at 57C for a while now. Is that good enough?

pcupgrade13.jpg

For temperature testing,i suggest you to use Intel Burn Test.
But 57 degrees on P95 is good enough.

That's way better than my Venomous X on a 2500K! I'm idling around 29-36º C and topping out at 60ºC full load on intel burn test :(

Glad you are enjoying the Hyper 212+. It is beastly considering the price that it can be had for.

What's your ambient? I have a feeling I need to remount my D14.

Glad you are enjoying the Hyper 212+. It is beastly considering the price that it can be had for.

What's your ambient? I have a feeling I need to remount my D14.

hmm the temp in the room? about 62-64F i guess.

Man I dont know how you all keep the house that cold, @ 77 F my wife is bugging me its getting to cold.

pge bill is how.. lol.. but its been cold even for Cali lately.. i put the heat to about 65F daytimes, maybe 67F if its real cold.

I'm very envious of you people who can have houses be at 65 degrees F without running out of money. I'm in FL, and it's 80 degrees outside, and I have my AC come on at 78-80 because where I live electricity is insanely expensive. My room gets 80-82 when gaming :(

Running Prime95 just for a quick test. All 4 core/8 thread maxed 100% as I type this. Can't get the temp to hit 58C.. Been at 57C for a while now. Is that good enough?

pcupgrade13.jpg

Mind re-checking your temps with Real Temp? AI Suite II's reading is going to be probably ~10C lower since that's the CPU package temp, not the CPU core temps (4 cores, 4 temps, they are usually not perfectly even either).

Mind re-checking your temps with Real Temp? AI Suite II's reading is going to be probably ~10C lower since that's the CPU package temp, not the CPU core temps (4 cores, 4 temps, they are usually not perfectly even either).

Same. 1-2C difference.

pcupgrade14.jpg

I'm very envious of you people who can have houses be at 65 degrees F without running out of money. I'm in FL, and it's 80 degrees outside, and I have my AC come on at 78-80 because where I live electricity is insanely expensive. My room gets 80-82 when gaming :(

Exactly my problem too. I have VenX Black, still 80c+ on stress tests.

anyone have pictures of that noctura in their system?

It looks absolutely massive on the newegg pictures, but I hear it's quiet and the temps were the best out of the entire benchmark roundup I saw.

I'm over in nor cal and its 100+ out, I'm cheap and don't use air conditioning (have it, but don't use it) gaming can get pretty brutal. I don't want to know the temperature in my office...

it would appear that way, wouldnt it? but you didnt see how it was spread or applied, so it doesnt really matter.

pls dont tell me you actually manually spread it. with a card or something..

if you did i sense alot of micro air pockets in the application and a redo is in order :p

Back