Best Affordable Quiet Case, With Quiet Fans That Still Performs Well

SlapShot

Limp Gawd
Building a pc that will do a bit of everything, including gaming. It will be running in a room where I also do a lot of work, net surfing and research, while listening to a high quality music system, so silence is important.

I would appreciate what you feel are the best affordable options. This case was highly recommended, and looks like a very good value:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M49SNVI...creative=373501&linkCode=as3&tag=thtebusgu-20

Any thoughts or recommendations greatly appreciated.

JC

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Silence, durability, reputable name, good dust prevention, versatility, value.
Thinking of these things the new Fractal R5 immediately comes to mind. It can be had from newegg for about $125 + tax. Same price at microcenter if you can find it.

It was chosen as silentpcreview's silent gaming build's case. Google and you can find the article.

I was looking for a case earlier this week as well and one that fulfilled most of my criteria was the R5.
It looks cool but not necessarily like a PC, can fit a stack of hardware inside, some of the space can be reconfigured, it comes with a no window option, can fit HUGE gfx cards and has the features mentioned above.

What let it down for me is it doesnt have water pipe holes, the cooling is quite good but not up with the leaders and I want my PC to look a bit more disguised because it is in the living room.
If I were to buy a case this would be it.
But I'm making one from wood that encases my PCs case (Antec 900), cos why not :)

Back