Best 975 Mobo?

MajorGN

Weaksauce
Hey Guys,

Whats the best 975 Mobo? I was sold on the AW9D is it? (Abit) - But as I have a Soundcard, I will not be able to get crossfire in the future.

Is this a concern? I think so, I have seen the Intel BLKD975XBX2KR Mobo - But dont see it mentioned at all.

Thanks

ASUS P5W64 WS Professional

That seems to the best board tbh, would you agree?

I like my Asus P5W DH. Comes with a remote control, onboard wireless that doubles as a WAP.

Maybe you should consider what the differences are between the 965P Series and the 975X Series? As I see it the only advantage the 975X Has is that its graphic ports can run 8X Each while the 965P Is different in that the first one runs in 16x and the second one only works in 4X.

If you plan on using crossfire then you may want to look at the 975X Otherwise for the 965 series you have many great choices like the p5b Deluxe, Commando, Quad GT, DQ6 ect...

I went with the Asus commando, you can find it for the same price as the 975X P5w DH.

Hey Guys,

Whats the best 975 Mobo? I was sold on the AW9D is it? (Abit) - But as I have a Soundcard, I will not be able to get crossfire in the future.

Is this a concern? I think so, I have seen the Intel BLKD975XBX2KR Mobo - But dont see it mentioned at all.

Thanks

I just built a machine with the Bad Axe 2, and it's an awesome board.

Just as a note, the BLKD975XBX2KR version of the bad axe 2 is the Bulk version of the board, not retail. Retail will be BOXD975XBX2KR

Why would you not be able to do crossfire with a sound card?

i believe its because the pcie slot will be blocked.

p5w-dh. great board, great features, great oc, now at a good price. had one for about 6 months, got bored with it, got an evga 680i. now bored with the evga for same reasons - no challenge. handles anything and everything i throw at it.

Maybe you should consider what the differences are between the 965P Series and the 975X Series? As I see it the only advantage the 975X Has is that its graphic ports can run 8X Each while the 965P Is different in that the first one runs in 16x and the second one only works in 4X.

If you plan on using crossfire then you may want to look at the 975X Otherwise for the 965 series you have many great choices like the p5b Deluxe, Commando, Quad GT, DQ6 ect...

I went with the Asus commando, you can find it for the same price as the 975X P5w DH.

Built in IDE on the southbridge is also nice on 975X, especially if you're running older HDD's or IDE opticals. 3rd party (specifically Jmicron) was always flakey for me.

Back