Best 940 mobo/ram for limited budget

A few months ago I happened on a deal I couldn't pass up, an engineering sample Opteron Model 242 for $50. I'm now looking for a mobo and ram to back it up. I need something with overclocking potential because it would just be a shame to pass up ocing an unlocked chip. What are your recomendations? I am on an extreemly limited budget (being 14 and not haveing a job) and whatever has the best bang for your buck would be good. thanks.
[edit] It would also be nice if you could give me a little more info on what exactly an engineering sample is. I understand it's an unlocked chip but is it pick of the litter or just a standard chip?

hmm...as far as motherboard goes....get yourself an ASUS SK8v from ebay. they're expensive retail, so that's not really an option. As far as ram goes, go to newegg and type in ocz and opteron in the search bar. You'll get some OCZ RAM that costs like $140 for 512mb of matched sticks. It's expensive, but that's the price you pay for Regged ECC

You realize that a Socket 940 configuration requires registered memory don't you? Registered memory is very expensive and it won't fit your budget. Lastly, Socket 940 motherboards are going to be hard to find.

Ya I had already been specing out that exact ram and mobo. I hadn't considered Ebay though. Thanks for the reply.

Back