best 865PE motherboard?

Merc248

n00b
i was thinking about getting an 865PE motherboard (not 875P, since they seem too expensive plus it requires ECC ram as far as i know), but i'm not exactly sure which one is the best. i was looking at the abit AI7, which has loads of great features yet it doesn't seem to overclock well... i was also looking at the ASUS P4P800-E, abit IS7, and the MSI neo line. which board would you guys say is the best one (not necessarily out of the ones listed here)?

875P accepts ECC memory, but does not require it. My vote goes to the P4P800-E Deluxe, purely for layout reasons and not having to clear CMOS when you flash the BIOS.

damn... seriously? i might start looking at 875P motherboards then :p

i think i might go with the P4P800-E then... i read more reviews of it, and it seems to have quite a few features plus it is also a pretty good overclocker. :D

Merc248 said:
i was thinking about getting an 865PE motherboard (not 875P, since they seem too expensive plus it requires ECC ram as far as i know), but i'm not exactly sure which one is the best. i was looking at the abit AI7, which has loads of great features yet it doesn't seem to overclock well... i was also looking at the ASUS P4P800-E, abit IS7, and the MSI neo line. which board would you guys say is the best one (not necessarily out of the ones listed here)?

The Abit AI7 does OC very well and does do Vdimm up to 3.2Vdc correctly. The Vtt is also exactly half of Vdimm up to 3.2Vdc unlike the Abit IC7 Max 3. They removed a cap to make the Vdimm sapble above 2.8Vdc but you have to mod the board your self in order the Vtt right.

I've got the IS7-E myself. It's a rev 1.0 where they screwed up and put the GbE NIC on instead of the realtek one, but it's still a great board. If you want the uGuru stuff, I guess the AI7 is fine.

The P4P800-E Deluxe for the i865PE board and the P4C800-E Deluxe for the i875P board.

I wouldn't say the AI7's don't overclock well. I have a 2.8c running at 3.7ghz on air with ram running 1:1 at 266fsb. It's as stable as overclocked as it is running at stock speeds too. Voltages are right on the money and don't fluctuate more than .02v from their normal. If I had a better CPU I bet the board would go much higher also. There are people on xtremesystems.org that are running their AI7's at 295fsb and some at over 300fsb.

Used to have a P4P800-D and got tired of the voltage fluctuations so I sold it for an AI7.

If I were to get a new board though, I think I'd go with the P4C800E-Deluxe.

I Agree AI7 is my choice of board I also own a IC7 -Max3 and a Albatron PX865pe pro II , both have issues Vtt tracking , Vcore droop . AI7 is a Rock.

Back