Best 500mhz ddr?

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Since Ill probably be waiting to 2006 to get my hands on m dfi nf4 sli-dr expert board I figured I should get some ram for the time being. Can somone recomend a good set of ddr 500 sticks in the 2 x 1gb variety, with room to overclock? Other then crucial balistix.

I was looking at these sticks and theyve been recomended before. I heard they are not the best overclockers but are a great value. Any idea what chips they use? samsung tccd? Think they can do 300mhz :D

fiberoptik said:
I was looking at these sticks and theyve been recomended before. I heard they are not the best overclockers but are a great value. Any idea what chips they use? samsung tccd? Think they can do 300mhz :D

TCCDs are done basicly. So no sets have it let alone 2 gig sets! :cool:

no, TCCD is everywhere

however! it's a 32mb IC.. 16 of em (normal double sided stick) only gives 512mb, so that's out of the question for any 1gb stick.
i've seen this g.skill clock to ~270-285mhz. not sure what chips it uses.. something tells me UCCC, but i don't know if i'm right :p

hongsc said:
Agreed Mushkin Redline or OCZ EB also Crucial Ballistix.

Ballistix tend to die alot lately so i'd stay away from them! ;)

Tazman2 said:
Ballistix tend to die alot lately so i'd stay away from them! ;)

I noticed that but some of the sticks are fine that's why I put it last. I read not to put 2.8V on them and run them at 2.6V and they are fine.

hongsc said:
I noticed that but some of the sticks are fine that's why I put it last. I read not to put 2.8V on them and run them at 2.6V and they are fine.

Yeah but 3-4 weeks on 2.8 and they are dead. That worries me. At 2.6 they'd probably last 3-4 months max. Personally i'm glad i didn't get them and got my g.skill because it runs pretty good timings for the $244 or so i spent on them! :D

Back