Best 5 Console/console peripheral/console game you bought in 2009?

Rash

2[H]4U
Just interested in what your top favorite console related hardware/game purchases are for 2009.

Mine has to be:
1. the PSP Go and its ultra portability/tethering and use as a full on home console with a Dualshock 3 a long with some cracking good game releases, 46 games purchased for the psp go in the past 3 months 18.7 gb worth!!.
2. Uncharted 2
3. Left for dead 2
4. Tekken 6 (PSP)
5. GTA ChinaTown Wars (PSP)

Last edited:
Forza 3
Rockband 2 game
Guitar Hero 5 Bundle
Guitar Hero World Tour game
Lips with 2 Wireless Mics

360-games.jpg

1. Killzone 2
2. Demon's Souls
3. Assassin's Creed 2
4. Uncharted 2
5. Batman Arkham Asylum

got ps3 and 360 in the last week (had them in the past but sold em)

so only been playing

demon's souls
forza 3

both are lots of fun.

1. Uncharted 2
2. Demon's Souls
3. Forza 3
4. Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
5. LBP: GOTY Edition

I cannot express how much fun I have had with Uncharted 2. I picked it up when BB was running the buy 2, get one free on games (along with DS and FO3). Uncharted was the last one I tried out, but I haven't played anything else since. It is just a fantastic game. I really enjoyed all the games in my top 5, but U2 is a cut above the rest IMO.

-worms 2 (xbla)
-nhl 3 vs 3 (xbla, might have been relesed in 2008?)
-killzone 2 (ps3)
-demon's souls (ps3)
-motorstorm 2 (ps3)

maybe motorstorm 2 came out in 2008 as well. these are the games I played the most and had the best experience with in 2009.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes for the DS was the single best purchase I made this year. It came out late in the year and hasn't garnered much press but it is a great game.

MW: 2 (X360) - All my friends have it. I enjoyed the SP and the MP is great.
Astro A40's + MixAmp - They sound good enough and are very versatile (X360, PS3, PC).
DSi - So many people have a variant of the DS and its easy to get a quick game share of Mario Kart going. I was only able to do that once with my PSP
MadCatz TE Arcade stick (X360) - Amazing quality from MADCATZ?
Professor Layton (DS) - Makes me feel smart...sometimes.

Honorable mention:
Dragon Age (PC)
Turtle Beach X41 (X360) - Wireless, comfortable, and good positional audio, but I mine had white noise and a mic issue.

1. Another 360, they're cheap as dirt now.
2. Forza 3
3. Trials HD, good game to burn time waiting on the gf to get ready.
4. MW2, too easy but I like the campaign.
5. Halo 3 ODST, I just bought it for the other MP disc(with extra maps), as H3 is the only thing I play every night with friends.

Uncharted 2 - Amazing game, amazing story, amazing amazing amazing
Arcade Sticks - You buy one and you just crave for more, had to make one my self
Shadow Complex - Great XBLA game, mediocre story but really good genre.
Arkham Asylum - Best comic book video game ever, made me get back into the animated series once again!
Team Fortress 2 - bough it long time ago just recently got into it, and holy shit is it awesome, ALL ABOUT TEAM WORK!!

uncharted 2
demons soul
Batman Arkham Asylum
Borderlands
Need for speed shift

As far as games go for me...

Uncharted 2
Batman: AA
Assassin's Creed II (Which is a surprise considering how much I hated the first one)
Shadow Complex
DJ Hero

My personal biggest disappointment: Modern Warfare 2. *Yawn*

Forza 3 - 360
Left 4 Dead 2 - PC
Modern Warfare 2 - 360
Uncharted 2 - PS3
Demons Soul - PS3

1. Modern Warfare 2 - As sad as it is that it's not as good as CoD 4 in any way it is still my most played game by far this year. Lots of fun.
2. Assassin's Creed 2 - Didn't think the first game was very good, I'm almost finished with this one and it's SO much better, tons of fun for sure.
3. Forza Motorsport 3 - Being a racing fan and a Forza 2 fan while this also isn't as good as the previous version it's still great.
4. Shadow Complex - Best XBLA game I've played.
5. Batman: Arkham Asylum - This will probably be higher on my list, I've only played about an hour of it though. I wanted to beat AC2 before getting into this game. Thus far it's great though.

1. Street Fighter 4 (I've put in an insane amout of time with it)
2. Uncharted 2 (Sheer awesomeness)
3. Left 4 Dead 1 (#2's not doing it for me...)
4. GTA4 Lost and Damned (I don't have Gay Tony yet)
5. Dead Space (got it on sale for $15)

I'd toss Batman and Dragon Age in there at #2 and #4 respectively but I bought both of them for the PC. Personally I liked Batman a tiny bit more than Uncharted 2, but it's close.

I just got L4D2 and Assassin's Creed 2 this past weekend. L4D2 feels like a step backward at times but Assassin's Creed 2 is great so far.

1. Uncharted 2 - ps3
2. GH: Metallica - 360
3. God of War Collection - ps3
4. Demon's Souls - ps3
5. Modern Warfare 2 - 360

Honorable Mentions
Flower
Pixel Junk Shooter
Battleship for 360

red faction guerilla
tekken 6 / built my own arcade stick
demon's souls
assassin's creed 2
Uncharted 2

I feel like there's more stuff that I liked a lot earlier this year but I don't remember any of it.

1- Assassin's Creed 2
2- Batman: Arkham Asylum
3- Uncharted 2
4- Uncharted
5- Prince of Persia

Forza 3 its the only game i play anymore. All my friends have it and we have a full room in private race, makes it fun. I could deal without the ridiculously long load times though.

Last edited:
Back