Best 4k gaming display

I'm wondering what is the current or something that will be out by march that would make for the best 4k gaming experience. I would like for it to be atleast 32in but willing to go up to say a 65in tv. I would like to keep it to around $1500 tops. This will be used as my everyday computer monitor so youtube, wordpage, internet etc. But i would like it to be more gaming focused such as a higher refresh etc. useing 3080 as GPU . Thanks for looking out!

It's the LG CX 48". There is just nothing in or above its price range that comes close. Obviously caveats are its size and the fact that it is OLED so burn-in over long term might be a problem. After 6 months I see zero signs of it on mine.

4K 32" 120+ Hz LCDs are coming next year but who knows at what point and how good they will be. At this point you are going to be limited in options if you want something bigger than 4K 27".

If you want an LCD I would probably pick up one of the 38" 3840x1600 screens or the 49" 5120x1440 Samsung G9 super ultrawide. They are more practical desktop monitor sizes.

It's the LG CX 48". There is just nothing in or above its price range that comes close. Obviously caveats are its size and the fact that it is OLED so burn-in over long term might be a problem. After 6 months I see zero signs of it on mine.

4K 32" 120+ Hz LCDs are coming next year but who knows at what point and how good they will be. At this point you are going to be limited in options if you want something bigger than 4K 27".

If you want an LCD I would probably pick up one of the 38" 3840x1600 screens or the 49" 5120x1440 Samsung G9 super ultrawide. They are more practical desktop monitor sizes.

is there anything much better up to the 2k range? i say 1500 is where i wanna be but at the same time i plan to keep this for a good 5-8yrs. As far as burn in what are you doing to help prevent this?

Another vote for LG CX 48. The CX 55" model is actually cheaper than the 48 at the moment.

As long as you're ok with a 120hz display, this is the best 4K display, period.

As for burn-in concerns, Best Buy offers up to a 5-year warranty that covers burn-in. If you're planning on keeping it for 5-8 years and flog the snot out of it, I would highly recommend getting this. One panel replacement, and it will pay for itself.

Last edited:
Another vote for LG CX 48. The CX 55" model is actually cheaper than the 48 at the moment.

As long as you're ok with a 120hz display, this is the best 4K display, period.

As for burn-in concerns, Best Buy offers up to a 5-year warranty that covers burn-in. If you're planning on keeping it for 5-8 years and flog the snot out of it, I would highly recommend getting this. One panel replacement, and it will pay for itself.
I second the Geek Squad warranty. That is why I got my TV from Best Buy.

What is the difference between the 48cx an the 49inch nano 85 series? the 48cx cost twice as much.

Microcenter has refurb cx oleds for a good discount, but but not sure if worth it. I would love a 55 on desk

I've been using a 48CX for about 10 days. Everything said about it is right on target. Best gaming screen I've ever seen for a computer. My only trouble is its size. 48" is B-I-G on a desktop. :eek:

I've been using a 48CX for about 10 days. Everything said about it is right on target. Best gaming screen I've ever seen for a computer. My only trouble is its size. 48" is B-I-G on a desktop. :eek:
Mount that puppy on your wall, meng. It’s a glorious display!

Back