Best 40+ Inch 4K Monitor for Gaming?

vilhiem

Weaksauce
What's a good 40+ inch 4K monitor for gaming, for both less intensive games such as World of Warcraft and higher demanding games such as the Battlefield series ...?

Price ... no more than around $2,000

Also wondering where to even buy a single raw panel. I always assumed you'd have to buy those things in bulk.

Any other ideas ...? Really seems hard to find a nice 40+ inch 4K monitor ...?

Nothing is going to have gaming monitor refresh rates, so there's that limitation. I'm typing this on a Sony 43X800D and its an awesome TV to use as a Monitor and does well in mmo's and has decently low input lag for a TV.

You'd think there'd be more options. So are most gamers not using 4k ...?

I use a Wasabi Mango UHD400, really nice after calibration and has held up well. The big bonus for me was FreeSync capability.

I use a Wasabi Mango UHD400, really nice after calibration and has held up well. The big bonus for me was FreeSync capability.

Been using the same for the past two years. Trying to determine if I want to swap out for a TCL 43S515 or not...need more reviews and it's sold out right now anyway.

1) 4K doesn't fit well on a normal dual-monitor setup. Dual 27-30in is about as big as you'd want to go just due to neck-strain issues of having to look around everywhere.
2) 4K gaming requires a lot of GPU and a lot of GPU is expensive, as are 4K displays
3) there isn't really any gain of gaming at 4K vs 1080 or 1440.

Pickup a used KS8000 locally. It's a 40+ display. Has excellent PQ and Latency. In fact, voted best display of 2016 on rtings.

Also, it wouldn't cost you more than $350 or $400 I would think.

<richarddawson>Steam Survey SAYS...</richarddawson>
3840 x 2160 0.71% +0.22%

No.

I'm one of the .71%. It feels good, but game support is hardly universal. My monitor is a Samsung 32" @ only 60hz, which isn't cool with the kids anymore. As well, the GPU pricing is kinda scary. I got a GTX1080 just as the prices spiked and I don't think it's powerful enough, but I don't want to try to budget anything faster right now.

Nothing is going to have gaming monitor refresh rates, so there's that limitation. I'm typing this on a Sony 43X800D and its an awesome TV to use as a Monitor and does well in mmo's and has decently low input lag for a TV.
10x more input lag than a gaming monitor and 2x that of a non-gaming monitor... no thanks. I wouldn't call that "decently low"

Back