Best 34" curved monitor for under $800?

revv

Weaksauce
What's the best 34" curved monitor for under $800 these days? I'd like to use it to play Battlefield and maybe other games, as well as do day-to-day stuff on the computer.

I have a GeForce 1070.

I'd go with a Dell U3415W. Had one for a year or two now and I love it. The 60Hz limit and no G-SYNC are the only drawbacks IMO, but those features will bump you into the $1200 category.

Thanks!

I've always used monitors with at least 5 ms. This one is 8 ms. Will the difference be huge?

Thanks!

I've always used monitors with at least 5 ms. This one is 8 ms. Will the difference be huge?

I can't say honestly, I've never noticed any lag or anything. I know most owners are pretty happy with this as a gaming and productivity monitor.

Reactions: revv
like this
Thanks!

There is a " Fast " mode that brings it down to 5ms...I really can't tell the difference in actual use though. I don't notice any lag in the normal mode.

Last edited:
like this
Alright. You convinced me. I ordered the Dell.

Magna, that monitor looks sexy, but I really want to keep under $800. At my level of gaming, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference. :p

Good choice, I had my Dell for quite some time now and you can actually overclock the refresh rate but all it does is just skip frames above 60hz. Still, I really enjoy mine for watching bluray movies and light video edit work (y)

like this
Could have had either the Crossover 34U100, or Microboard M340clz for $700. Both are 100Hz with freesync.

like this
Could have had either the Crossover 34U100, or Microboard M340clz for $700. Both are 100Hz with freesync.

Well, the OP has a 1070, so freesync is useless in his case.

Personally I'll take the Dell Ultrasharp warranty over either one of those two brands any day.

like this
Well, the OP has a 1070, so freesync is useless in his case.

Personally I'll take the Dell Ultrasharp warranty over either one of those two brands any day.
I think for the same or less $, plus a curve and a 60% jump is refresh rate, buying Korean is worth the very slight warranty risk.

I think for the same or less $, plus a curve and a 60% jump is refresh rate, buying Korean is worth the very slight warranty risk.

Well, they're around the same cost, and the dell IS curved. So really you're trading warranty for refresh rate. That being said, Dell's Ultrasharp warranty is really good, and includes stuff like dead/stuck pixels and next-day replacements.

Got the monitor today. Life changer. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Back