best 2x dual-link DVI card?

jamsomito

2[H]4U
I'm running two ASUS PB278Q monitors, which for whatever reason has poor color rendering unless connected via dual-link DVI. They are 1440p res. I'm currently running a Radeon 6870 and an old GeForce 9600GSO (for the extra dual-link DVI port) for general desktop use, gaming (only on one screen), and photo and video editing. I need to upgrade the 6870 and ditch the 9600GSO which is starting to get some artifacting - appears to be VRAM degradation.

Last gen seemed to have some options between the Radeon 390x and GeForce 980, 980ti. I had my eye on the Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming, and it seems that still may be my best bet. I'm not looking to buy until around Black Friday, but I may jump on something sooner if a good deal presents itself (like 980/980ti prices are falling now). However, I am not impressed with the 3rd party connectivity options I am seeing on the current gen. Everyone seems to be pushing VR which I am not happy about, but that's a story for another thread.

Questions:
1) What is the best card for 1440p gaming (single monitor) with 2x dual-link DVI ports currently worth the money?
2) Do you foresee any 3rd party cards with dual-link DVI this generation to wait for?
3) In general is there a better team (red/green) for photo and video editing? I use Adobe Lightroom and Cyberlink PowerDirector.

My requirements:
a) 2x dual-link DVI outputs
b) best 1440p gaming (single monitor) for the money
c) good for photo and video editing processing
d) targeting $400, but could do a $600 flagship if really worth it

I think that new Gigabyte 1070 mini-ITX card will have two DVI outputs. Not sure if they're both dual-link though.

I think that new Gigabyte 1070 mini-ITX card will have two DVI outputs. Not sure if they're both dual-link though.

I was unaware of that card, thanks. I wonder why they chose to reserve the 2x DVI for the mITX version? They're so big compared to the other connectors. You'd think if they were trying to save space they would have gone mini DP or something.

Back