Best 27" - DP/HDMI needed in $300-400 range

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
I'm leaning towards the Korean offerings, this will be business use only so 120hz is not needed. Not sure which one is more suited for that. Thanks for the help.

The True 10 uses LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects), get a Crossover 27QW DP or 2720MDP. The 27QW DP is slightly better than the Crossover 2755AMG. I don't know if the re-brands (First FS270YF and Yamakasi DS270 HDMI) have proper brightness controls. The new Korean AH-IPS use Plasma Deposition Coating.

Last edited:
The True 10 uses LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects), get a Crossover 27QW DP or 2720MDP. The 27QW DP is slightly better than the Crossover 2755AMG. I don't know if the re-brands (First FS270YF and Yamakasi DS270 HDMI) have proper brightness controls. The new Korean AH-IPS use Plasma Deposition Coating.

I thought they use the same panel as Benq and it does not have PWM dimming based on your review. Am confused.

Saw Asus PB278Q for 499. By the time I purchase a $400 monitor and then add sq trade I get close to Asus. How is the Asus one compared to these monitors?

Am looking for photo editing monitor with multiple inputs.

I did get the Qnix 2710 DVI. I loved it but it had a defect and I returned it. Now I am looking for a multi input one. Any input would be great

Last edited:
I thought they use the same panel as Benq and it does not have PWM dimming based on your review. Am confused.

Saw Asus PB278Q for 499. By the time I purchase a $400 monitor and then add sq trade I get close to Asus. How is the Asus one compared to these monitors?

Am looking for photo editing monitor with multiple inputs.

I did get the Qnix 2710 DVI. I loved it but it had a defect and I returned it. Now I am looking for a multi input one. Any input would be great

I had the PB278Q before getting my Qnix. I bought a refurb, it developed dead pixels after a few weeks, I also got headaches from the PWM dimming. I have had no such issues with my Qnix.

The True 10 uses an AHVA panel, but that does not mean it using the same AHVA panel and electronics as the BL2710PT. TFT Cetral is testing a true 10 and confirmed that it uses a low 156hz LED PWM Dimming frequency on twitter.

Do the Korean mulit input monitors support 2560x1440 over HDMI?

The ones with HDMI 1.4a inputs do, as stated in the eBay product advertisements.

Does Crossover 27QW DP or 2720MDP have plasma deposition coating?

Also how about the qnix multiport. The one with Samsung panel. Does it have PWM dimming?

There is a video about the True10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aqs50sWIJY
I do see some flickering on the background light, is that something to do with PWM dimming. Am not sure cause it the background thats pulsating and not the monitor

I believe the 27QW has an AH-IPS panel and the 2720MDP has a S-IPS panel so the answer would be yes for the 27QW but no for the 2720MDP. If I am reading NCX's review correctly:
http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...0-ah-ips-panel-plasma-deposition-coating.html
-
They both have a lot of glow but no PWM detected (for the 27QW)/ If I'm reading the review correctly the biggest negative are high'ish input lag and glow. It sounds like (but i maybe mistaken) if glow bothers you (it bothers NCX a lot) the options are vp2770 (maybe?); eizo ev2736w). It is not really clear to me just how bad the glow is on these two monitors; NCX found a lot of bleed on his 2755. Hum. Myabe I should let NCX comment after all it was his review.

Does Crossover 27QW DP or 2720MDP have plasma deposition coating?

Also how about the qnix multiport. The one with Samsung panel. Does it have PWM dimming?

All of the 1440p Korean AH-IPS panels use Plasma Deposition Coating. The Crossover 2720MDP and 2730MD use glossy S-IPS panels.

There is no way to know if the Qnix Multi PLS use PWM since some of the single input versions use PWM and others do not. I also don't know if they have proper brightness controls which is a common problem for the multi-input monitors. The Qnix QX2700 HDMI does not (example).

Back