Best 24 inch under $400

I think the OP was looking for the "best" 24" monitor under $400, not the "cheapest" 24" monitor under $400.

I think the OP was looking for the "best" 24" monitor under $400, not the "cheapest" 24" monitor under $400.

Did you even follow the link and read the reviews?

People who actually bought that monitor seem to think it's pretty good. Here's the thing about monitors. Just because a monitor costs a lot of money, doesn't mean it's a good monitor. And vice versa, just because a monitor isn't expensive, doesn't mean it's not a good monitor.

The Dell 2408 is the perfect example of this - that monitor, based on what I saw, is way, way, way overpriced in comparison with what you can get for literally hundreds of dollars less.

People who actually bought that monitor seem to think it's pretty good. Here's the thing about monitors. Just because a monitor costs a lot of money, doesn't mean it's a good monitor. And vice versa, just because a monitor isn't expensive, doesn't mean it's not a good monitor.

The Dell 2408 is the perfect example of this - that monitor, based on what I saw, is way, way, way overpriced in comparison with what you can get for literally hundreds of dollars less.

1. Newegg reviews.
2. It's a TN. Ignore price, you know the quality just because of the technology (barring models afflicted by peculiar flaws)

If the OP were to cheap out, that is indeed one of the most affordable 19x12 monitors out there, though it could be best to steer clear of newegg.

Overpriced to you, maybe.

You're going off Newegg customer reviews, which are inherently dumb. Of course everyone thinks their product either: A) ROCKS because it works or B) SUCKS because it's DOA due to Newegg's bad packaging practices.

By all means, if you don't think the 2408WFP is worth the extra cost (after all, you can get two S2409WAs for the price of one 2408WFP), then don't get one. But there's no use in convincing others that it's not worth the price because the 2408WFP and other premium panel monitors which are significantly more expensive than cheap, consumer-level, glossy, blingy, dinky, crappy TN panels, serve niche markets who demand good color reproduction and featuresets in terms of inputs (which the 2408WFP offers with its many inputs, USB, and memory card reader) and good panel quality and warranty.

People can settle for economy cars all they want, it gets them to A-to-B, after all. Others settle for more luxurious cars because they want something with a bit more quality and features.

Back