Best 24 inch for around $300 US

roaf85

2[H]4U
Gave up my Dell 2005FPW to my parents. Had great color, but it was a headache with all the backlight bleeding.

I will be using this for a computer monitor to browse the web and play some computer games. No consoles etc will be hooked up to this so I would like a 1920x1200 resolution. I am looking at the following on newegg.

ASUS MK241H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236033

SAMSUNG ToC T240HD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280

SAMSUNG 2433BW
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001309

I am welcome to any other suggestions, but I want to go through the egg as I have a 250 dollar gift card with them. Thanks.

I have read so much good press for the BenQ2400WD both here on hardforum and elsewhere that I am thinking about buying one myself for my new build. It is $60 over your $300 price point though.

However, I am buying for gaming and the BenQ is a TN panel. It depends on the purpose you are purchasing for what monitor will be best for you, I think.

Not quite up to snuff (its a 22) - but consider the 2209WA. Wife just picked that up for $279 and it can be hand for just over $200. It's a very nice E-IPS panel (which means no color change when viewing off center, and its wide viewing angle is just nice). Color reproduction is superior to most other panels as well. Gaming is just fine on it. Wife reports no lag in city of heroes, WOW, or her other games. Movies look good too.

Last edited:
I have read so much good press for the BenQ2400WD both here on hardforum and elsewhere that I am thinking about buying one myself for my new build. It is $60 over your $300 price point though.

However, I am buying for gaming and the BenQ is a TN panel. It depends on the purpose you are purchasing for what monitor will be best for you, I think.

+1 for the BenQ G2400WD. From what I can tell it's the best overall TN-based 24" out there. Worth the price.

Not quite up to snuff (its a 22) - but consider the 2209WA. Wife just picked that up for $279 and it can be hand for just over $200. It's a very nice E-IPS panel (which means no color change when viewing off center, and its wide viewing angle is just nice). Color reproduction is superior to most other panels as well. Gaming is just fine on it. Wife reports no lag in city of heroes, WOW, or her other games. Movies look good too.

I know I owned a Dell previously, but I can not buy from a site other than Newegg as I have a gift card there. Even though I have the money to purchase somewhere else I want to use this gift card this month.

I thought about the BenQ, but I am not sure if it is worth the 80 dollar price premium over the ASUS.

I am open to all suggestions though...as long as you can get the monitor through the egg.

It is sad that the BenQ V2400W is not available at the egg. It looks like a sweet monitor.

So it appears I am in love with the Benq. I have thrown the Dell 2405FPW in the picture as well. The thing is I am worried about backlight bleed with the Dell.

So go get BenQ V2400W! I got it from BenQ direct store. I love the monitor and the store service is pretty good too. I would be more hasitated to buy from eggs while I can get directly from manufacturer with a reasonable price.

So go get BenQ V2400W! I got it from BenQ direct store. I love the monitor and the store service is pretty good too. I would be more hasitated to buy from eggs while I can get directly from manufacturer with a reasonable price.

Yea their return policy sucks. I just have to make sure that a 24 inch monitor will work in my little cubby hole. I will buy one anyways, but I need to take a measurement to see how it will work and this weekend I am moving. I am hoping the BenQ sale goes on till next week.

Back