Best 24" for gaming under $200?

paleh0rse

Weaksauce
Hey guys, just a quick request for opinions since I've been out of the game for a while. What's the best deal going right now for a 24" monitor (LED or cheap IPS) under $200 that I will use almost exclusively for gaming?

Only requirements:
-- 23-24" viewable
-- VESA standard mount compatible
-- DVI and HDMI inputs
-- low response time and input lag (for gaming!)

Right now, I'm considering the Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor ($180). Is there a better option out there?

Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I know that most of you despise cheap gear -- just as I used to -- but any help would be much appreciated... seriously. :)

For monitors used exclusively for gaming, save a few weeks longer & consider 120 Hz. Skip a few coffees, wait a month, sell your old gear in your closet. There are now 120 Hz / 144 Hz computer monitors for less than $300. Some of these models have among the lowest input lag of any available monitors, and using 120 Hz reduces input lag even further versus 60 Hz.
Even if your gear can't push 120fps on these, you will see the difference in improved input lag.

Memory Express had a sale on ASUS VG248QE's for only $259, though that sale is over.
Some resellers on Amazon have them for $279.

For monitors used exclusively for gaming, save a few weeks longer & consider 120 Hz. Skip a few coffees, wait a month, sell your old gear in your closet. There are now 120 Hz / 144 Hz computer monitors for less than $300. Some of these models have among the lowest input lag of any available monitors, and using 120 Hz reduces input lag even further versus 60 Hz.
Even if your gear can't push 120fps on these, you will see the difference in improved input lag.

Memory Express had a sale on ASUS VG248QE's for only $259, though that sale is over.
Some resellers on Amazon have them for $279.
Damnnn, I really like that 144Hz Asus... I think you just ruined my budget Sir! Now, how to convince the wife that "it's only $100 more..." :eek:

Back