Best 23"+ LCD/LED Monitors for <$180?

Magma

Weaksauce
One of my two old 19" Benq monitors died (for the second time) and I want to replace it and the other one with two of the same model. Money is pretty tight right now, so my ideal price range for both monitors is about $350 with an absolute upper limit of $400 total including shipping and/or tax. I use the monitors for general email, web browsing, occasional videos, and writing a LOT of code. The code writing and need for more screen real estate for multiple tools visible at a time is the primary reason that I need to go up in size/resolution. Due to work/home duties, I have very little time for gaming lately. I understand that my budget is low, so I'm willing to not have the best of the best. Here are requirements, in order of importance.

• Size - Must be 23" or larger
  • Connectors - Must have DVI and VGA, HDMI a bonus
  • Resolution: Must be at least 1920 x 1080
  • Mounting - must be VESA compatible
So... any advice to share? I've been out of the monitor-buying market for years now, so have no recent frame of reference to build on. Until reading through a lot of stuff on here, I wasn't aware that "LED" was a marketing gimmick since a lot of the LED monitors that I've seen are absolutely beautiful. If someone could point me to more info on that, I'd appreciate it also.

Back