best 22" to 24" LCD monitor for under $240?

Nvidia101

[H]ard|Gawd
With so many new monitors on the market right now Dell, Hp,Asus, Samsung, LG... its a hard choice to pick the correct one. Im looking for one with atleast 1680 X 1050 or 1920 X 1080, 1920 X 1200 resolution. 22" or 24" .

My price range is Between $200 - $240 or less. My uses would be pc gaming mainly, movie watching once in a while and browsing the internet....

Last edited:
I think the most popular one in that price range right now is the Dell 2209WA. It's an E-IPS panel. Most people are getting it right in the $220 or $230 range.

You might have to wait to catch a sale price that low. I think it's $280 right now.

sory if im crashing but why you guys recommend these , is it becuase if the IPS panels ? , what makes them so special (other than viewing angles)

IPS = Better color reproduction,no color shift accurate colors good blacks. Overall quite better then other monitors LG L227WTG-PF Black 22 & Gateway FHD2401.

I have a Dell 2209WA myself and I like the following:

1) Excellent viewing angles with little color shift vertically or horizontally
2) Ability to do full resolution of 1680x1050 @ 75hz over DVI, which is a unique thing.
3) After calibration, has some of the most accurate colors I've ever seen.
4) Low input lag averaging 9ms or so
5) High quality stand with height-adjust as well as rotation for portrait view
6) Good black level and brightness adjustment (ie. it can go fairly bright, and quite dim when required)
7) Regular sRGB gamut so colors are true, and not over saturated typical of wide gamut screens

What I don't like

1) Slight uniformity inconsistency
2) A very tiny "warm" right side where it is slightly redder then the middle and left
3) Slight "mirror glow" of white/grey on blacks off-angle.

The only other 22" that has impressed me visually is the LG in this thread. Otherwise I can't think of any other screens that can touch these at this size/price range.

Back