Best 1GB Stick Ram??

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
Whats the best 1GB Sticks for running in a 4 stick conig for DDR1 not 2, and to make up to T2 timings they need to have ultra low lantency and they also need to be able to overclock well, (at least into 280MHz FSB with good timings still) Cost really isn't that big of an Issue, Thanks in advance

G.Skill 512MB DDR LA PC4800 (2x256MB) Dual Channel Kit (F1-3200DSU2-512LA)
x 2 for 4 stick config 1gig

or

G.Skill 1GB DDR FF PC4800 (2x512MB) Dual Channel Kit (F1-4800DSU-1GBFF)

for 2 stick 1gig config

These can get ultra low latencies

first of all, HOLY BATMAN HUGE ASS TEXT :p (good mannered jab, not flame) and second of all I was asking about 1GB SINGLE sticks, as in 4GB TOTAL, sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Chilly

I dint understand what he said eclipse.. yeah your right as usualy. You cant and wont be able to get ultra low latencies on 4 1 gig sticks of ram.

Chilly said:
I was asking about 1GB SINGLE sticks, as in 4GB TOTAL
4 sticks is unwise. the best 1gb sticks out there are the 1gb pc4000 crucial ballistix

Chilly said:
first of all, HOLY BATMAN HUGE ASS TEXT :p (good mannered jab, not flame) and second of all I was asking about 1GB SINGLE sticks, as in 4GB TOTAL, sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

First off, if you are still running Win32 (such as the current "regular" versions of Windows XP Pro and Home), 4GB is unwise. That's because although those OSes theoretically support up to 4GB of RAM, they reserve the upper memory registers for PCI routing, leaving much less than 4GB available to Windows and its apps.

Second, with four double-sided sticks in a modern DDR1 system, you will have to settle for less than optimal performance and/or overclockability. The default memory speed will drop to DDR333, and you may have to use a 2T command rate setting just to even run stably. And some motherboards just won't run stably at DDR400 with all four memory slots populated by 512MB or 1GB modules.

Back