“Best” 1440p gsync monitor

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I’m looking for a 1440p gsync monitor. Need to purchase in the next week or so. Got a 10% coupon at Newegg would prefer to buy there. GPU is a RTX 2080.

Recommendations?

Need size requirements- these range from 24" to 32" from what I gather, and also come in TN, VA, and IPS panel types, as well as ultrawides (3440x1440, etc.).

I'd say depends on what you do. Need it for work and games? What kind of games do you play? That GPU would work perfectly with something like a Asus pg279Q or acer XB271hu. There is a dell equivalent as well. I'd personally see if there is a freesync (but gsync compatible) monitor though as that will save you a couple 100.

I just got three Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ IPS monitors from Amazon and I'm very happy with them. $550 each.

I just got three Asus ROG Swift PG279QZ IPS monitors from Amazon and I'm very happy with them. $550 each.

How's the IPS glow on those? I'm in the market for a monitor upgrade and keep hearing the IPS glow is really bad on the Asus models but aside from that they're close to being the perfect gaming monitor.

I’m looking for a 1440p gsync monitor. Need to purchase in the next week or so. Got a 10% coupon at Newegg would prefer to buy there. GPU is a RTX 2080.

Recommendations?

The monitor that is on my short list is the LG 32GK650G. Its $400 right now on Amazon, very good VA panel, 144 Hz, 32" screen. I really like VA panels. They have 2-4 times the contrast of TN and even IPS screens, no IPS glow, better viewing angles than TN and color almost as good as IPS. There are several Youtube reviews on this screen or it's more expensive brother then 32GK850G which is the same screen but adds a couple extra connections and RGB lighting for $100 more. TFT Central also has a good review of it. https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_32gk850g.htm

LG has some new gaming monitors coming out in the next couple weeks using their nano IPS technology. Might be worth waiting til they drop to see how they do in reviews.

That Asus PG279QZ is a very good choice and the TN version, PG278QR is also worth looking into. In reviews it has excellent image quality and very fast response times with no backlight bleed but of course it's TN so the viewing angle issue will be there although that's never been a consideration for me because I don't game sitting 170 degrees off axis.

There are several curved screens out there but I don't care for any of them especially in the 27" range.

How's the IPS glow on those? I'm in the market for a monitor upgrade and keep hearing the IPS glow is really bad on the Asus models but aside from that they're close to being the perfect gaming monitor.

The monitor that is on my short list is the LG 32GK650G. Its $400 right now on Amazon, very good VA panel, 144 Hz, 32" screen. I really like VA panels. They have 2-4 times the contrast of TN and even IPS screens, no IPS glow, better viewing angles than TN and color almost as good as IPS. There are several Youtube reviews on this screen or it's more expensive brother then 32GK850G which is the same screen but adds a couple extra connections and RGB lighting for $100 more. TFT Central also has a good review of it. https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_32gk850g.htm

LG has some new gaming monitors coming out in the next couple weeks using their nano IPS technology. Might be worth waiting til they drop to see how they do in reviews.

That Asus PG279QZ is a very good choice and the TN version, PG278QR is also worth looking into. In reviews it has excellent image quality and very fast response times with no backlight bleed but of course it's TN so the viewing angle issue will be there although that's never been a consideration for me because I don't game sitting 170 degrees off axis.

There are several curved screens out there but I don't care for any of them especially in the 27" range.
I have the LG 32 freesync version very nice, use this to calibrate if you do not have acess to a Spyder Pro device.

Shot on the worlds finest 8K cinema system not a Go Pro, not all 4K cameras are alike in image quality. Red Weapon package is around 100K with telecine lens and accessories.

Last edited:

There is glow, but I only notice it when there is nothing on the screen (black background). The glow on the Alienware 34" was really bad because the curved screen made the glow move a lot when I moved my head. The glow on the flat 27s doesn't do that so it isn't intrusive (to me) and I only see it when I look for it - then I quickly forget about it. Everyone is different and coming from TN panels, it's kind of obnoxious at first, but the better color is incredible and really worth it.

Back