Best 120mm fans

And your ears too :cool:

So True these fans are noisy

Used to run that beast on full speed for 3 days before i gave up an used a variable resistor to control the speed manually.Works well @6v :p

I am running the PWM version from dell right now just stuck in my front bay drives. I can't stand it at full speed but I have it running at maybe 15% and its not that obnoxiousness I know Gentile Typhoons would make my ears feel better though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185144

I'll just copy/paste from part of my feedback I left:
"My Enermax Magma fans are rated at 69cfm/18dBa and are louder than this fan when it's at full speed."

Seriously, the Scythe fans are retarded quiet.

Oh if you can fit the Noctua 140mm fans where a 120mm normally goes, do it. Those things move a lot of air and are nearly dead silent. They have 120mm screw holes with adapters that pop them out to 140mm.

I dislike how sleeve bearing has become the norm lately. Cant be mounted on the top of many cases.

I also just want to get my hands on a few AP13 Gentle Typhoons to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks for the info my heatsink fan is fudging up and I plan on replacing my stock heatsink, and adding a couple more fans in my system or replacing my fans that came with the system, because temps are hot...

So True these fans are noisy

I am running the PWM version from dell right now just stuck in my front bay drives. I can't stand it at full speed but I have it running at maybe 15% and its not that obnoxiousness I know Gentile Typhoons would make my ears feel better though.
Mine got 5 wires,might be the PWM version too.But my dad just cut the +12v and ground wire out then soldering them into the normal header.

So after a few days,he exchanged the Delta with one of my Cooler Master 1200rpm.And my PC has been loud ever since.

Any more feedback on the Gelid PWM model? The FN-PX12-15 model, I mean. I am edging closer to buying two. Are pwm fans on the H100 short-changing yourself compared to using a controller?

I have two of those delta fans in push-pull on my H50...for shiggles. I have them both turned down with my 30W fan controller.

What do you guys think about noiseblocker fans?

Looks cool and I've read good user reviews on them. Haven't tried them myself due to high admission price for relatively low rpm fans.

I just ordered 3 of the non PWM versions of that cougar fan - I'll let you know if it's junk or not. Should be here friday.

I've had good luck with the Coolermaster R4s. I would buy them again if I had it to do over.

Back