BES Rant!

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
Why can't RIM make BES so it moves with the Java updates?
I get BES Express registry edits so it works fine with latest Java 6.0.26......
Now I download and install the BES 5.03 update...and it forces in 6.0.18 and resets the environment path to java in MDS, and admin services again.

Grrr
//rant off

Cause rim is a piece of shit that is behind the times. I'm working on a solution for android phones with vpn so we can maybe dump our bes

Rim, on the news a few nights ago stating that their stocks are dropping and that they are laying off 5000 people this month.

Weird, i wonder why ?

Their playbook sucks ass, their phones lockup all the time, and are plain simple and boring..

apple & android are killing blackberry.

rim ,
apple & android are killing blackberry.

I personally think RIM did a pretty good job on their own ;)

Hence why we are looking at a fase out project switching to either apple or somethign android (windows mobile just fails more then RIM)

Agreed...love the Droids. Tolerate the apples...easy to setup..just hate birkenstocks.
ActiveSynch so easy.
Just...this client has a big fleet of nurses with BB's. Ugh!

Cause rim is a piece of shit that is behind the times. I'm working on a solution for android phones with vpn so we can maybe dump our bes

Why bother with VPN? Just get active sync working. It runs on RPC over HTTPS so it is a secured connection and much easier then trying to teach users how to VPN on their phones.

@YeOlde: We got sick of BES for our hosted environment and switched for an application called NotifySync. It is a bit spendy, but it allows the BB to connect using ActiveSync instead of BES.

Back