BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144hz - $279.99 at Newegg

I have two of these and I've been waiting for some sort of price drop to complete my surround setup. This is PWM-free at all brightness levels, so no flicker.

Newegg has the BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144hz display for $279.99 after $20 promo code. Not a huge discount but it's the cheapest I've ever seen it new.

Has it been on sale at $300 or is that the MSRP? I was planning on snagging this with some gift cards later but i don't want to wait and have it jump up to $450.

It's been $299 at Amazon for a couple weeks now, so I think that may be the new price. I bought one on October 31 for $296.

It looks like Amazon has price matched Newegg now also, for those that pay tax at Newegg but not Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been watching this monitor for the last week. I almost bought it when newegg had 5% off on their mobile site but charged $8 shipping, no SR on mobile site. I was pleased to see the $20 off coupon this morning prior to going to work, plus SR 2nd shipping!

Why aren't we seeing any 2560 panels @ 144Hz yet :( I really want to get a 120+Hz panel, and I'll even sacrifice IPS image quality, but I really don't want to go back to 1080p. Sigh.

I hear ya! My Catleap 27" 2560x1440 ips panel busted. That's what lead me to give this monitor a whirl. I wanted to check it out while playing BF3 & 4.

Bought this on Amazon last week when it was $299 and just saw this price drop. I contacted Amazon and even though they don't have a price match guarantee except on TVs and mobile phones, they went ahead and refunded the $20 difference since I bought it 7 days ago. Very nice!

I wonder if my Prime membership since 2006 made a difference...

Bought this on Amazon last week when it was $299 and just saw this price drop. I contacted Amazon and even though they don't have a price match guarantee except on TVs and mobile phones, they went ahead and refunded the $20 difference since I bought it 7 days ago. Very nice!

I wonder if my Prime membership since 2006 made a difference...

I love Amazon so much. I hope they never change.

Why aren't we seeing any 2560 panels @ 144Hz yet :( I really want to get a 120+Hz panel, and I'll even sacrifice IPS image quality, but I really don't want to go back to 1080p. Sigh.

Because it's already really hard to get a constant 120/144 FPS at 1080p.

Is it worthy buying this over the Asus VG248QE? I thought the colors were supposed to be better on the Asus.

Is it worthy buying this over the Asus VG248QE? I thought the colors were supposed to be better on the Asus.

I thought I read the Benq has better colors in general. The real winner here I guess is the PWM-free panel though.

Maybe it was just the one review I saw then. It was a youtube review that liked the Asus better, but I don't remember which one.

Good luck getting 144 FPS minimum's unless you're @ low quality. I run a single 780 @ 1228/6400 and the Ultra preset @ 1080P will bring me down to 50.

Because it's already really hard to get a constant 120/144 FPS at 1080p.
This.

I thought I read the Benq has better colors in general. The real winner here I guess is the PWM-free panel though.
Correct and correct.

I have tried several 120hz panels and they all drove me nuts. Some of them had crap colors, but all of them hurt my eyes and gave me headaches. The TE's colors are fantastic for a TN. Also, it doesn't hurt my eyes/head one bit.

Just a quick FYI, you guys need to be running this in 120hz Lightboost. The jump from 144hz to 120hz Lightboost is just as significant as the jump from 60hz to 144hz IMO...possibly more so. A word of caution though, it did hurt my eyes the first few days til they got used to the strobing. But now I'm fine.

Also, the TE has made me a MUCH, MUCH better BF4 player. The complete lack of motion blur and ultra responsive mouse make for an amazing gaming experience. I can't begin to explain what a difference this has made for me. Easily my favorite PC gaming upgrade ever.

Back