BenQ V2400w questions ...

Goose

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I'm looking into buying the v2400w very soon through the BenQ site with free shipping. What I've done for reading make it seems that this monitor is one of, if not the, best TN one can buy.

My question is, is there anything else that is TN based that directly competes with this monitor (v2400w/g2400wd) for quality in it's price range?? I want a good warranty (3yr parts/labor like through BenQ or Dell.) Only looking at 24" Screens! ... and the v2400w over the g2400wd because it's less expensive at the moment........

Can anyone also let me know about their dead pixel policy, nothing I read said anything directly about that. I do wish that they would pay for shipping back to them for defective monitors :(

The only thing that concerns me a little is the lack of height adjustment in the stand because it's fixed. I'll be using it at max res. for FPS gaming, net, some photoshop here and there, etc... (I know that IPS etc. screens are better for photoshop and have better color reproduction, I'm looking at TN's)

Thoughts?

Anyone with some additional thoughts? I know people on here have these monitors..................

some people also seem to like the asus vk266. also, other people really like the samsung t240 (not the t240hd which has input lag). personally, every time i see it in the store, i'm pretty disappointed by it, but that's just me.

i read in several posts in this forum that the benq online store will accept any returns within 30 days for any reason including 1 dead pixel. to be sure, you can always call their number.

I have a BenQ G2400WD that I've been using for a few months now, and I'm very pleased. I previously had a Soyo DYLM24D6 P-MVA panel, and I have to say that the BenQ is superior despite the fact that it is a TN panel. I also did quite a bit of research on the G2400WD/V2400W and so far my G2400WD has met my expectations.

As far as the height adjustment, you could probably find a Neo-Flex stand for a reasonable price.

other people really like the samsung t240 (not the t240hd which has input lag). personally, every time i see it in the store, i'm pretty disappointed by it, but that's just me.

I agree, the plastic frame on the Samsung T240 seems cheap.

As far as the height adjustment, you could probably find a Neo-Flex stand for a reasonable price.

I was under the assumption that you couldn't put another stand on either the v2400w or g2400w ?
Edit: I think the only one that can have the stand removed is the g2400, the other is completely fixed.

Yes that's true, sorry forgot about that, the stand on the G2400WD can be removed but NOT on the V2400W.

Yes that's true, sorry forgot about that, the stand on the G2400WD can be removed but NOT on the V2400W.

So, what are your thoughts on the monitor? How long have you had it, any issues like backlight bleed, dead pixels etc/

So, what are your thoughts on the monitor? How long have you had it, any issues like backlight bleed, dead pixels etc/

I had it for about 6 months and got it directly from BenQ through HardForum. I never had any issues with this screen. No dead pixels, backlight bleed, or any real problems with it whatsoever. This and the G2400WD, are probably BenQ's best TN screens to this day.

The only thing it didn't do properly was Xbox 360 over VGA at 1920x1080. But PS3 and Xbox 360 over HDMI worked great, as does PC (as expected).

Compared to other TNs I've seen/used, this is still the one that looks best to me because of good colors out of the box, low input lag, and a functional and well-laid out OSD.

The only reason I sold it is because I bought the Dell 2709W 27" for $400.00 off and had too many screens.

Have had it for 3 months now, for 400 it seems to be good, gets good marks for movies and such from review sites.

FPS seem to be pretty good.
No dead or stuck pixels.

I like the touch sensitive buttons also.

I dont have something to compare it to (other than my old 19" LCD) so i'm not really sure how it stacks up in color and such, but for the money, it seems to be very good.

I had it for about 6 months and got it directly from BenQ through HardForum.

What do you mean exactly? Were you able to get a percentage off because of this?

Also, it's unlikely that I'd use this monitor for my xbox 360 via hdmi or vga anyway.

The BenQ store just further reduced the price to $339($379-$40) and free shipping.

I know. That's the price I got today. :D

Anyone know the right DVI cable that will fit with this monitor and a 8800gt? The card has a DVI -D dual link Digital & Analog on it and it's currently hooked up to a Viewsonic P220F CRT....will any new DVI-D Digital only work?

This: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2759&seq=1&format=2

thanks

Edit: I have an HDMI to DVI D Single Link from monoprice. Will that work with the V2400w?

I am loving mine. went from a dell 2005fpw ips panel to the v2400w. Colors are awesome. I calibrated it to the rgb color space using reviewer settings (well, as close as that gets me anyway). The stand is only tilt adjustable, but that was not an issue for me and my desk. I do love that it is super light for a 24", and its nice and thin too. Easy to haul to lan parties. Gaming is better than on the Dell for sure. Backlight bleed is nearly non-existant and no dead pixels. I ordered direct from BenQ myself last month. For a TN panel, I have no regrets at all, it performs well above par.

I am loving mine. went from a dell 2005fpw ips panel to the v2400w. Colors are awesome. I calibrated it to the rgb color space using reviewer settings (well, as close as that gets me anyway). The stand is only tilt adjustable, but that was not an issue for me and my desk. I do love that it is super light for a 24", and its nice and thin too. Easy to haul to lan parties. Gaming is better than on the Dell for sure. Backlight bleed is nearly non-existant and no dead pixels. I ordered direct from BenQ myself last month. For a TN panel, I have no regrets at all, it performs well above par.

Glad you have no regrets on the monitor!

Can someone:

" Anyone know the right DVI cable that will fit with this monitor and a 8800gt? The card has a DVI -D dual link Digital & Analog on it and it's currently hooked up to a Viewsonic P220F CRT....will any new DVI-D Digital only work?

This: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

thanks

Edit: I have an HDMI to DVI D Single Link from monoprice. Will that work with the V2400w? "

Please.

Glad you have no regrets on the monitor!

Can someone:

" Anyone know the right DVI cable that will fit with this monitor and a 8800gt? The card has a DVI -D dual link Digital & Analog on it and it's currently hooked up to a Viewsonic P220F CRT....will any new DVI-D Digital only work?

This: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

thanks

Edit: I have an HDMI to DVI D Single Link from monoprice. Will that work with the V2400w? "

Please.

I PM'd you as well, but yeah, any single or dual-link DVI cable will work here.

I PM'd you as well, but yeah, any single or dual-link DVI cable will work here.

Thank you, just wanted to make sure. ;) It's suppose to be delivered on the 25th, feels like a long way off...... ;)

Back