BenQ V2400W In Depth Review

I cant freaking believe this thing doesnt have a VESA mount. Mother !#$@#$@, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Are there any comparable panels that have VESA mounts? I understand the contrast/brightness is somewhat lackluster on the G2400W.

I wish I could get the dynamic lighting from the V2400, and the bezel looks monstrously huge, but I'll probably get a G2400WD as you suggest; theres a dearth of good gaming S-IPS panels with HDCP and VESA mounts, so I'm not feeling like I've got much of a choice.

G2400WD will give you all the same features plus a VESA mount capability.

This includes dynamic contrast and overdrive, as well as all picture modes.

I cant freaking believe this thing doesnt have a VESA mount. Mother !#$@#$@, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Are there any comparable panels that have VESA mounts? I understand the contrast/brightness is somewhat lackluster on the G2400W.

Well then I think they should change my link to point to your review to be fair :)

Maybe it's the same person who edits the specs and gets it wrong the first time, every time.

Silly manufacturers. TriX are for kids.

Crap. The link to my full review from their website goes to GTOViper's review.

guess what..it is correct now...I bet they are reading everthing here.. :-P

That was a great review. Most likely I 'm gonna buy this model. I like the sleek design the good connections and the very good performance of the screen. Even though this monitor is not perfect, it's an impressive value for a modest price.

Argh, I just got mine today and I'm not happy. The monitor had some odd marks on the screen that I finally managed to get off, the screen is clearly tilted to the left(something I thought others might be exaggerating about), and I'm just not impressed with the color. I'll fiddle around with it some more but right now I'm disappointed.

That doesn't sound good. The monitor shouldn't come with any marks on the screen or other weird defects, nor should it be heavily tilted one way or another. I would consider getting a replacement.

Argh, I just got mine today and I'm not happy. The monitor had some odd marks on the screen that I finally managed to get off, the screen is clearly tilted to the left(something I thought others might be exaggerating about), and I'm just not impressed with the color. I'll fiddle around with it some more but right now I'm disappointed.

Does anyone having problems with DVI-D connections with this v2400w monitor?. I brought a DVI-D dual link cable and try to hook it up with the 6800GT graphics card.. but all im getting is a "no signal detected"

Is it the cable or the graphic card doesnt support DVI-D or dual link? i'm pretty sure the card supports DVI-D.

if anyone can help that would be great

cheers

Some older PCs are having issues with this.

I have an older 6600GT I might try to see what the heck's going on. I gave my brother-in-law my older G2400W (because I bought the V2400W from this review) and he's experiencing the same issue with an older X800 Pro video card.

If I find anything I'll post here.

Does anyone having problems with DVI-D connections with this v2400w monitor?. I brought a DVI-D dual link cable and try to hook it up with the 6800GT graphics card.. but all im getting is a "no signal detected"

Is it the cable or the graphic card doesnt support DVI-D or dual link? i'm pretty sure the card supports DVI-D.

if anyone can help that would be great

cheers

Thanks for the code for BenQ.com.

Boooooooo on not including a DVI cable. I do not care if I a typical hardcore computer enthusiast that has tons of extra cables laying around the house.

I have a 245BW and the monitor is perfect. No backlight bleeding or dead pixels on the first panel I received. The only annoyance is the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping as I frequently plug my PS3 and use it as a Blu Ray player (faces show stretched vertically). As a PC monitor, I see no flaws at all.

Would you recommend switching over to the V2400W? It is about $50 more here in Canada before taxes. How is the reliability? The main thing I am concerned about is that there may be 1+ dead pixels and the store will not allow me to exchange for another (these are smaller stores that carry the V2400W versus 245BW from BestBuy). I am still within my 14 days of return policy on my 245BW.

I think the best place to get it is from store.benq.ca and use that promo code of "thankyou10" mentioned by BBI.

They seem to have a liberal return policy with no questions asked. Otherwise ncix.com is a good place to buy if you get the dead pixel warranty and Express RMA service.

I have a 245BW and the monitor is perfect. No backlight bleeding or dead pixels on the first panel I received. The only annoyance is the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping as I frequently plug my PS3 and use it as a Blu Ray player (faces show stretched vertically). As a PC monitor, I see no flaws at all.

Would you recommend switching over to the V2400W? It is about $50 more here in Canada before taxes. How is the reliability? The main thing I am concerned about is that there may be 1+ dead pixels and the store will not allow me to exchange for another (these are smaller stores that carry the V2400W versus 245BW from BestBuy). I am still within my 14 days of return policy on my 245BW.

That was one of the best reviews I have read on a monitor ever! Thanks so much for it; loved the way everything is so in depth and how you divided up different issues. Now if only I can find one in stores...

hmm this monitor is tempting, I've been saving money for a 22", but maybe I'll keep saving for a 24 :p
only got $320 to spend right now :(

I ordered one from the manufacture and it's been on back order for a week >_<

Was reading the review again and started browsing through the rest of the pages and got confused; so which BenQ is best when it comes to just PS3 gaming?

The V2400W and G2400WD are almost identical outside of aesthetics/looks, and either is a very good PS3 monitor with HDMI.

Was reading the review again and started browsing through the rest of the pages and got confused; so which BenQ is best when it comes to just PS3 gaming?

Thanks 10e, you're definitely one of the best helpers on this forum. Bought a new desk the other day hoping that it would allow me to play my current BRAVIA without hurting my eyes (am very space constricted) but sadly it still wasn't enough. So this monitor seems perfect for me and at 24, it looks just fine where I sit. One more question though, in order to get sound (getting the Logitechs Z5500) would I connect those to a desktop or to the monitor or into the PS3?

Just ordered one from the BenQ site, says they're in stock. I used the 'thankyou10' code and got the $43 off. I got a buddy to buy my current Acer x241w for $200 so this was a good steal for me. :cool:

I recently picked up another 360, an Elite and I wanted HDMI and 1:1 so this is going to be sweet!

theNoid (hahah nice name! Anyways once you get it hooked up and played around with it could you post some screens? How long does it take to ship? I live in Dallas by the way.

After 3 long years of grad school, I am finally earning a paycheck and it's time to upgrade the rig (been away so long the email I signed up on [H] with doesn't exist anymore, so I had to make a new account!).

So, I've been reading up on the V2400W and the G2400WD, and I can't tell what, exactly, the difference between the two are. Is this correct?

--Aesthetics
--V2400W mount cannot be removed
--V2400W has 2ms option for gaming
--V2400W is more expensive

I'm trying to decide between the two for general computer usage, gaming, and 360 through HDMI. They both seem good for the job, but I haven't seen what, exactly, the V2400W has that justifies the higher price.

You can do both, but connecting the PS3 via HDMI to the monitor and then using the headphone out will only give you stereo sound.

I would use an optical cable and hook the PS3 up to the Z5500 for the full surround sound. You can change the audio settings in the PS3 and get it to use digital optical out and enable DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1. I do this, but I use a DD5.1/DTS receiver with speakers, but it works the exact same way.

Thanks 10e, you're definitely one of the best helpers on this forum. Bought a new desk the other day hoping that it would allow me to play my current BRAVIA without hurting my eyes (am very space constricted) but sadly it still wasn't enough. So this monitor seems perfect for me and at 24, it looks just fine where I sit. One more question though, in order to get sound (getting the Logitechs Z5500) would I connect those to a desktop or to the monitor or into the PS3?

Honestly if style is important, the V2400W is nicer looking, but the G2400WD is effectively the same monitor inside with a 2ms overdrive panel and dynamic contrast, so I would probably say try out the G2400WD and pocket the $$$.

After 3 long years of grad school, I am finally earning a paycheck and it's time to upgrade the rig (been away so long the email I signed up on [H] with doesn't exist anymore, so I had to make a new account!).

So, I've been reading up on the V2400W and the G2400WD, and I can't tell what, exactly, the difference between the two are. Is this correct?

--Aesthetics
--V2400W mount cannot be removed
--V2400W has 2ms option for gaming
--V2400W is more expensive

I'm trying to decide between the two for general computer usage, gaming, and 360 through HDMI. They both seem good for the job, but I haven't seen what, exactly, the V2400W has that justifies the higher price.

The G2400WD looks good and apart from V2400W the G2400WD look is timeless.

Finished reading through the whole thread and got even more questions. lol Okay does it really look that 'bland' when gaming on consoles? I heard it does with the 360 but don't know about the PS3? I personally enjoy a more vibrant picture, but its not a necessity. Is there a way to spice up the picture without losing details and washing it out? Thats the only thing holding me back from getting this. As for the optical cable, get it pretty much anywhere right? Thanks

I've narrowed it down to the g2400wd or v2400w for my new gaming monitor since many folks say they can't tell any response time or ghosting difference between the two. Since one of the negatives of these monitors are no adjustable height I decided to get whichever one would sit at about the same height as my current monitor.

So I check three different sites and all three list different heights for these monitors. Can someone tell me, if you measure from the top of your desk where the monitor sits to the top edge of the monitor how many inches it is?

My current display from the desk to top is 17 inches.

I own one V2400W...since the monitor can tilt down and up it's easily to get different hight measurement

theNoid (hahah nice name! Anyways once you get it hooked up and played around with it could you post some screens? How long does it take to ship? I live in Dallas by the way.

Sure thing. I ordered this morning and it still hasn't shipped but I'll record the process, the setup and how it performs then report back. I shipped 'standard' which is likely ground and 3/5 business days.

Check in, next week.

edit. Also, guys I priced both the G2400WD and the V2400W on the BenQ site with the 'thankyou10' promo code and the price difference (after shipping/handling and tax) for me was only $35.34. For me, the V2400W was a no brainer.

note : I dont care about mounting, and much prefer the apperance of the V2400W.

Browsing the BenQ online store, I came across the FP231VW and was floored by it:eek:! Loved the design and judging from the specs it seemed better than the V2400W. Found the thread about the FP231VW, but still left me thinking about my decision:confused:. I honestly just can't decide which one to get; I just want to be able to connect PS3 HDMI and maybe, the occasional Wii . I don't do any PC gaming at all, just browse the internet, homework, and view videos;connecting the PC through VGA more than likely. Also would I be able to upgrade the FP231VW in order for it to "work best" with the PS3? Uhgh.. I'm at a loss right now. At least I know which speakers to get! :p I'm just irritated like so many others; why can't there be an 'almost' flawless 24'' monitor..

The FP241VW has more connections than the G2400WD/V2400W.

They both have DVI, HDMI, and VGA, but the FP241VW also has component, composite, and s-video. I'm not sure if they work 100% with the Wii but they should as far as I know. They both work extremely well with PS3. As long as the FP241VW is June 2007 or later build date you get an excellent PS3 monitor. If you are getting it from the BenQ store, it should be.

Both are great monitors. Don't use the PC through VGA. They both have DVI, so that's what you should use for PC. If you are doing homework then you will be reading text, and text looks awful on LCD monitors with VGA generally IMHO. If you like the design of the FP241VW better, choose that. I think the price is pretty close and it has more connectors.

Browsing the BenQ online store, I came across the FP231VW and was floored by it:eek:! Loved the design and judging from the specs it seemed better than the V2400W. Found the thread about the FP231VW, but still left me thinking about my decision:confused:. I honestly just can't decide which one to get; I just want to be able to connect PS3 HDMI and maybe, the occasional Wii . I don't do any PC gaming at all, just browse the internet, homework, and view videos;connecting the PC through VGA more than likely. Also would I be able to upgrade the FP231VW in order for it to "work best" with the PS3? Uhgh.. I'm at a loss right now. At least I know which speakers to get! :p I'm just irritated like so many others; why can't there be an 'almost' flawless 24'' monitor..

umm, so this monitor cuts like 5% of the picture when doing 1080p through a console? did i read that correctly? also, where is the best place to get this monitor? like, i want to get it from someplace with a reasonable return policy (not newegg). thanks.

Hey 10e, you think I'll notice the difference in lag? I mean the V2400W is 5/2ms where the FP241VW is 16/12ms. I do play a lot of FPS on PS3, mainly COD4.

The Benq US store has a 10% off coupon code, "thankyou10", so you can get the monitor for under $400 plus shipping.

Also this display has 1:1 pixel mapping so I don't know if it cuts off 5% of the picture.

Back