BenQ releases XL2410T, their first 120 Hz monitor

Lol they charge for the review? Look's like no one will be using them anymore.
They've been charging since about October, but yeah, I can't see many people paying to read their reviews (apart from NCX ;)).

Its worth it. Its 52$ for a year of extremely in depth reviews. Its nice too see review sites that dont get such ridiculously inaccurate measurements, poor calibration results and calibration standards being followed.

Last edited:
Its worth it. Its 52$ for a year of extremely in depth reviews. Its also nice too see more sites not getting such ridiculously inaccurate measurements
The reviews aren't even translated to English are they? TFTCentral's measurements are good enough for me.

Google chrome translates. TFT is the 2nd best followed by DV.

I've been trying to improve the picture quality on my XL2410T. I've found that with the gamma in the OSD set to 2.2 there is too much detail lost in dark tones, at 2.0 the detailing is much better but the colors get a washed out look. Shame there's no 2.1 option.

It also looks like my XL2410T has a dead pixel :mad:

Edit: I think I've found a fair balance as far as gamma goes.

My current settings are:

Mode: Standard
Brightness: 0
Contrast: 80
Gamma: 2.0
Red: 65
Green: 62
Blue: 69

Dark tones are more easily distinguishable now and the "washed out" look is also reduced.

These settings could probably be improved further. Since I don't have a calibrator I just used what looked nice to my eyes.

I set the brightness to 0 because here we get 6 hours of daylight in December and most of the time I use the monitor in a dark room, in which case even 0 feels a bit too bright at times. The XL2410T really is much brighter than the G2400WD I had before.

Last edited:
BenQ appears to have it back in stock. I was interested in getting one (though very much disappointed in the fact that 1920x1200 seems to be dying exceedingly fast), but it appears there is an issue with AMA on. (Source - FlatPanelsHD forums) Coming from a G2400WD I much prefer having AMA/overdrive on. Relatively minor issue, however.

The LG W2363D seems more attractive. Better PQ, no overdrive issues, less backlight bleed, and a lower price.

I've been trying to improve the picture quality on my XL2410T. I've found that with the gamma in the OSD set to 2.2 there is too much detail lost in dark tones, at 2.0 the detailing is much better but the colors get a washed out look. Shame there's no 2.1 option.
you could also adjust the gamma in your graphics driver
as far as i know that also makes way more accurate adjustments possible

The LG W2363D seems more attractive. Better PQ, no overdrive issues, less backlight bleed, and a lower price.
yes the lg is by far the best 120hz tn imo
strange that people are buying anything else

yes the lg is by far the best 120hz tn imo
strange that people are buying anything else

I chose the BenQ for these reasons:

It's slightly bigger (23 vs 23.6 inch),
It has better contrast,
It has a height-adjustable stand.

Plus, I don't like the LG's fat ugly bottom bezel. The BenQ just looks better.

Assuming your reaction time averages at 200ms, a 3.9ms input lag would cause a delay of 1.95%. When playing twitch-games, the amount of other factors at play render that % meaningless, especially since we're taking from going to 200 to 203.9. If you do any reaction-speed tests, you can see that 4ms is negligible.

I really hate people who spew this garbage. It's almost the same garbage as those people that try to say "the human eye can't see more than 30 fps!!!". It's people who have never played FPS games on a competitive level and don't know what they are talking about. After you have played on 140hz synced CRTs you might understand when I (and others) tell you that every millisecond of input and rendering lag makes a difference. Please do not confuse input lag and attempt to mix it in with reaction time, it's just wrong.

Reaction time is a constant and does not change. The amount of time elapsed before the brain reacts to an event is irrelevant, what it comes down to is the single most crucial merit of all gaming hardware: to contribute to reducing the input to output lag of a scene to as close to 0 as possible. Even a minute delay of control input exacerbates the perceived mouse-inputs negatively. Gamers can compensate and become comfortable with their own reactions, but they can't compensate for delayed rendering of their own inputs. The best example of this type of input lag is something we have all seen on the road in wet conditions. A driver, losing traction for an instant, veering to one side of the road and correcting to the opposite, but his car takes a second to react because of poor traction, and he ends up over correcting to the opposite side, fishtailing. The millisecond version of that example is what can be physically felt with input lag.

much[/b] brighter than the G2400WD I had before.

I was dead set on getting this monitor before, but from reading all of this thread I am not so sure anymore. I will be upgrading my monitor from a G2400WD too. Bottom line, what do you say going from the G2400WD to this XL2410T?

I was dead set on getting this monitor before, but from reading all of this thread I am not so sure anymore. I will be upgrading my monitor from a G2400WD too. Bottom line, what do you say going from the G2400WD to this XL2410T?

Honestly, I'm not seeing much difference picture quality-wise. At default settings the picture quality of the XL2410T is just bad, but after some fiddling in the OSD it's pretty much what you'd expect from a TN.

The XL2410T does have some more backlight bleed compared to the G2400WD, but in regular use it's not noticeable. Then again, there seems to be a lot of variation between different units. It's noticeable in movies (dark scenes), but not very distracting.

Shadow detailing seems to be slightly worse on the XL2410T. As you might have read already, I had to mess around with gamma to improve it without losing too much color vibrance.

Also, as I said before, the XL2410T is much brighter than the G2400WD. 0 brightness of the XL2410T is comparable to maybe 80 of the G2400WD. I don't have the WD anymore so I can't do a direct comparison, but since I used the WD at brightness 60-70, I can say that the brightness of the XL takes some getting used to.

So, bottom line, if you want 120 Hz, the XL2410T offers that at a picture quality comparable to the G2400WD. Just keep in mind, it can be a bit of a lottery to get one without excessive backlight bleed. The worst case I've seen is this. Mine, however, is not nearly as bad.

Thats some bad BL bleed. Although im more attracted to this monitor for the same reasons others have stated over the LG.

From what ive heard you cant disable overdrive on the LG monitor. Thats reason enough not to buy it.

Amazon is listing it now, but out of stock. The price is kinda scaring me off now, I mean, the damn LG is $90 cheaper! Too bad the LG doesn't have a high adjusting stand, I don't like displays that can't adjust the height.

Amazon is listing it now, but out of stock. The price is kinda scaring me off now, I mean, the damn LG is $90 cheaper! Too bad the LG doesn't have a high adjusting stand, I don't like displays that can't adjust the height.
pretty sure for 90 bucks you could get a good monitor stand with all possible adjustments

So out of all the 120hz lcds monitors on the market: which one is the fastest with the least amount of input lag?

So out of all the 120hz lcds monitors on the market: which one is the fastest with the least amount of input lag?

read reviews, notice the lg is the best

Both the LG and the BenQ have virtually zero lag. Aside from input lag, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

According to some sources the Acer and possibly the Asus have some lag. Don't know about the Alienware.

This is how I see it:

Acer

+ Cheap
+ Colors
+ Contrast
+ Response time
- Questionable input lag
- Overdrive causes red shades around text (can be shut off in service menu but settings won't be saved => PITA)
- Somewhat ugly design (subjective opinion)

LG

+ No input lag
+ Very little/no noteworthy backlightbleed
- Colorbalance
- Overdrive can't be adjusted
- Design

ASUS

+ Colors
+ "In-between" in everything, nothing bad nothing exceptional
+ Adjustable overdrive in several levels
-/+ Glossy screen (positive for some for others a huge minus)

BenQ

+ No input lag
+ Contrast
+ Height & pivot adjustable stand
- Colorbalance not perfectly configurable => slight saturation present
- Little backlightbleed

Alienware

+ Good allround, nothing really bad, nothing exceptional
+ Height & pivot adjustable stand
- minimal backlight bleed can be present on some samples
- Expensive

There pick your preferences, there's no perfect choice out there, just depends what you value the most. My obvious choice would be the ASUS if it hadn't used a glossy screen and the 3D vision bundle-free package (I just want 120Hz 2D gaming, not 3D) would be easier to find. :( Of the others I'd choose BenQ cuz of it's configurability, the colors can probably get decent with the sRGB profile but I think the new ViewSonic could possibly be interesting too, hopefully that one would be a good choice but looks like it's gonna take some time b4 any reviews will be published. Price is pretty decent here in Finland for the new ViewSonic V3D236wm-LED but I'm gonna wait for reviews.

Last edited:
I jumped for the LG and here are some of my immediate impressions for those of you on the fence.

The bezel is shiny. It reflects the image in the inner frame. Definite negative.

You cannot remove the "stub" that sticks out for the monitor stand if you use a monitor stand/arm. (which I do use)

Width wise the screen itself is probably only 2-4mm smaller than my old G2400W. The height, however, makes it almost feel like a downgrade. I already miss 1920x1200, but I don't see any 1920x1200 zero input lag 120hz screens coming out anytime soon. I don't know how much the extra .6" on the BenQ would change things since I'd still be missing those extra 120 vertical pixels.

120hz is absolutely amazing, though. You can immediately tell the difference. Also, the colors are much better than on my old G2400WD. I'm going to give it a few days before I decide whether to keep this or not. I don't think I'd be much better off with the BenQ, though.

There pick your preferences, there's no perfect choice out there, just depends what you value the most. My obvious choice would be the ASUS if it hadn't used a glossy screen and the 3D vision bundle-free package (I just want 120Hz 2D gaming, not 3D) would be easier to find. :( Of the others I'd choose BenQ cuz of it's configurability, the colors can probably get decent with the sRGB profile but I think the new ViewSonic could possibly be interesting too, hopefully that one would be a good choice but looks like it's gonna take some time b4 any reviews will be published. Price is pretty decent here in Finland for the new ViewSonic V3D236wm-LED but I'm gonna wait for reviews.

Have you seen any info on the Viewsonic? I haven't found anything.

I've been trying out the ASUS currently, I'm pretty happy with it, I'll probably end up keeping it. The color difference from my VA display certainly was meh, but that's to be expected unfortunately. The glossy screen will just have to depend on the user. Personally, I'm used to glossy screens, pretty much everything I use currently has a glossy screen (this display, my TV, my macbook, my iMac at work). When I'm busy watching or playing something on the display, I usually have my room lights off anyway.

Yea that's the problem I always keep my room well lit when sitting at the comp, both a lamp beside it and the ceiling lamp cuz I care of my eye-sight, watching monitors/TV in dark room is more stressful for the eyes and I don't want to ruin my perfect eye-sight yet at age 23 despite spending almost whole days in front of the comp. Besides I play quite a lot online games and I want to play to be good as well not only to be entertained and glossy screens aren't great when you just want to be able to spot enemies as good as possible no matter if it's day or night.

EDIT: A swedish guy has received his V3D241wm-LED (it's been available starting this week in Finland and Sweden). But he says he won't be able to test before tomorrow. http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/10...ed-23-6-1920x1080-120hz-monitor/#post10634788

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how the Viewsonic V3D241wm will compare with the BenQ. So far I'm very put off by the BenQ, but I really had my heart set on getting a 120hz LED monitor...

On another note it looked like the Planar SA2311W is available, not sure where you can buy it other than their homepage as of right now for $495. Anyone think that will be any good? (Not LED sadly)

Why do you want LED backlighting? The only real advantage is lower power consumption.

Why do you want LED backlighting? The only real advantage is lower power consumption.

There's longer life, and less electronic noise to consider too.

IIRC, CCFL backlights are relatively noisy because of the high-frequency switching power supply required to produce the high voltages they need. Some are quieter than others, but they all tend to get noisier with age.

Oh man. My 2nd monitor just checked out. My screen feels ridiculously crowded now with everything on it. I think it's time for 120hz. Anyone here happy with their BenQ? I have a Dell 2005FPW that I'll be using for movies so this monitor will be strictly for gaming.

Justin did you get the XL2410T? How is it so far? Anyone else liking their XL2410T?

Anyone here happy with their BenQ?

Anyone else liking their XL2410T?

It's okay.

I think its main drawback is the backlight bleed, but it's not hugely annoying either. Only really noticeable with dark images. Also, white is not uniform: it appears darker, dirtier in the upper half of the screen.

Other than that, I'd say this BenQ is your average TN panel with the nice smoothness of 120 Hz.

How are you finding the extra features, like picture by picture?
Have you tried the display mode switch, to 22", 19" 17" etc?
I really like the ergonomics on that monitor, makes me want to get the BL2400PT, how you liking the ergonomics?
Is the LED backlit nice? How's the brightness?

Haven't really used any of the extra features.

I like the adjustable stand. I had to stack some magazines under my previous monitor so this is certainly a nice feature since my desk is now cleaner too. I like the monitor's no-nonsense look and the fact that both the screen and the bezel are matte, not glossy.

The type of backlight doesn't generally affect picture quality, but the XL2410T certainly is bright, just like all "3D" monitors. In a dark room, I find 0 brightness enough. You can read the previous page of this thread for some more of my thoughts:

Also, as I said before, the XL2410T is much brighter than the G2400WD. 0 brightness of the XL2410T is comparable to maybe 80 of the G2400WD. I don't have the WD anymore so I can't do a direct comparison, but since I used the WD at brightness 60-70, I can say that the brightness of the XL takes some getting used to.

wish I hadn't seen this thread.. def looking for a few monitors for eye finity setup.

I'm using the V2400 now and would have 3 of these if they had the vesa mount. Why they didn't put on on here I'll never know. very nice looking monitor sitting beside my G2400

wish I hadn't seen this thread.. def looking for a few monitors for eye finity setup.

I'm using the V2400 now and would have 3 of these if they had the vesa mount. Why they didn't put on on here I'll never know. very nice looking monitor sitting beside my G2400

What in the world gave you the impression that the XL2410T doesn't have a Vesa mount?

Yes... the XL2410T DOES HAVE vesa wall mount... not sure what you're talking about.

What in the world gave you the impression that the XL2410T doesn't have a Vesa mount?

was saying my V2400 doesn't, and its too bad because its a nice looking monitor. I never understood why they didn't put one on this monitor.

I wish I hadn't stumbled across this thread b/c now I'll be looking at buying 3 of the XL2410's to get rid of the 2 I have :)

Response time isn't evenon par with the better 60hz displays, so what's the point? The BenQ costs over 100$ more then any of the other 120hz displays here and seems to have the worst quality control.

Back