- Color Shift-free Technology

EZjGjUi.jpg

Review
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2760hs.htm
http://www.playwares.com/xe/30596218

side by side with U2312HM
http://itbbs.pconline.com.cn/diy/16222521.html

Last edited:
If I am reading their charts right, they measured the contrast ratio at 750:1? That seems very poor for a VA panel

If I am reading their charts right, they measured the contrast ratio at 750:1? That seems very poor for a VA panel

you should ignore the number since the site is far from professional one, and their contrast ratio result ridiculously low usually.
well, there's merely one spotlight in the review acutally; that PWM flicker have weakened sufficiently.

BenQ claims that GW2760HS has adopted new color shift-free tech.
According to this marketing picture, there's ab 10º or a bit more of improvement for all 4 ways.

0dBG6.png

and pics of GW2760HS

DitREi3.jpg
HxAmQyx.jpg

0ClLh8h.jpg

PjL4Dt9.jpg
9d7VRqv.jpg

and for a reference.

GW2760HM viewing angle demo. http://youtu.be/DYFk4788u5M

Samsung S24A350T (same panel as BL2400PT)

p2CV3.jpg
UE33m.jpg

CFtyO.jpg

OcQDM.jpg
W352X.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by the photos in the first review, it seems to me the monitor has a very mild antiglare coating. Which, if true, would be great: 8-bit panel, no PWM and no crystalline effect - what more could you ask for?

well, there's merely one spotlight in the review acutally; that PWM flicker have weakened sufficiently.
What do you mean "weakened"? The BenQ website says there is no flicker.

Judging by the photos in the first review, it seems to me the monitor has a very mild antiglare coating. Which, if true, would be great: 8-bit panel, no PWM and no crystalline effect - what more could you ask for?

Id rather have a resolution that makes sense at that screen size. 27" is way too big for 1080p. Unfortunately, the BenQ website does not specify if the 24" variant is PWM-free as well.

Last edited:
I'd say 1920x1080 makes much more sense at 27'' than 2440x1440. To me 2440x1440 seems ridiculous when the screen size is below 30''.
Unfortunately, the BenQ website does not specify if the 24" variant is PWM-free as well.
If you mean GW2460HM, it's certainly not PWM-free. Look here.

Last edited:
304$(1899 yuan) in China
I wonder if it's worth trying to place an order with one of those Chinese websites that offer it. I can't even understand if any of them offer international shipping. Normally I would wait for a monitor to be available locally, but right now I'm in a bad need to replace my monitor and, if what the local distributor telling me is true, GW2760HS isn't going to be sold in my country, and it might be a long wait before it appears in English-language webshops with worldwide shipping.

I wonder if it's worth trying to place an order with one of those Chinese websites that offer it. I can't even understand if any of them offer international shipping. Normally I would wait for a monitor to be available locally, but right now I'm in a bad need to replace my monitor and, if what the local distributor telling me is true, GW2760HS isn't going to be sold in my country, and it might be a long wait before it appears in English-language webshops with worldwide shipping.

It's supposed to be out in the UK later this month. Maybe early March.

Not a lot of good to me, since I don't live there, but at least I can expect a review from tftcentral for what little it's worth.

BTW where did you get the info about the projected availability in the UK?

Last edited:
"The GW2760HS will head to China and Taiwan in early January 2013 and debuting globally shortly after. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com."

This monitor looks good! Want now

There seems to be two versions

one (hs) with slim bezel and 3000:1 native contrast.
the other (hm) normal bezel and 5000:1 native contrast.

There seems to be two versions

one (hs) with slim bezel and 3000:1 native contrast.
the other (hm) normal bezel and 5000:1 native contrast.

There is only ONE version of the GW2760HS which is free of PWM Flicker.

The GW2760HM is a different model.

OK thanks.
If i may add.
This(these) monitors come with: "Reading Mode
for an Optimized Reading Experience

For a more comfortable reading experience, BenQ has adjusted the monitor’s color temperature, brightness, contrast ratio and sharpness to create the all new Reading Mode which simulates the look of printed paper to help reduce the eye discomfort typically caused by prolonged and focused use of eyes on computer monitors."

I wonder if this will make the monitor seem less "electrical" and more like normal paper.

Some of the eBay resellers that sells the popular korean models also sells name brands that arent available in regular stores. Although, I could not find a GW2760HS yet.

Looks like its going to take a while for them to come out. Even the much earlier announced HM-model is not even available yet. Could perhaps mean that they are holding back the HM model to make room for the HS. Never know with marketing-people.

Prad.de has it listed as agreed to be sent to them for review. But thats going to take a while since they have about seven monitors to review, before this one. They do about one monitor a week.

I wonder if this will make the monitor seem less "electrical" and more like normal paper.
Nah. Thats probably due to LCD tech. Light property change with viewing angle and polarized light will never look perfectly natural. While CRT and OLED might look slightly better luminescent tech will never look close to paper. You'd have to go get a E-Ink display or something for that.

Yep. No sign. The HM-model appeared, though. Way late. Benq likes to announce early and deliver late. I guess I prefer that instead of manufacturer rushing things and deliver some halfassed produce, Samsung style.

Benq likes to announce early and deliver late.
This is generally true, but they did already "deliever" this model (to China), so why the hell it's not available internationally???

As to the GW2760HM, it's been available at least weeks ago, but there's no reason for anyone to give a hoot about it.

This is generally true, but they did already "deliever" this model (to China), so why the hell it's not available internationally???.
They have to start somewhere? Production volumes and logistics, perhaps. I guess there was a time when stuff got here first. I'm not even sure they make that much money over here anymore. Possibly they make the most in SE Asia and the Europe/US market is more of a sideshow prestige thing.

I asked BenQ Nordic about when they expected the GW2760HS to be available in Norway. They said Q2 - in other words April/May. Don't know if that is representative of other countries, however.

Hmm, would be nice if they got their ass in gear and got it over here sooner then later.

Well anyone in north america forget about this one, straight from BenQ:

"Unfortunately, there is no plan for this model to be released in North America, at this time either."

I dont think they deserve our business.

Well, BenQ has been known to change their mind. Originally the XL2420XT was not supposed to be released in Europe, yet it is available now.

What a buch of pathetic jerks, really. I mean the website that claimed "late February or early March release in the UK". They now say "April or May", and when that time comes I bet they'll say "July or August" :D and so on until the monitor is finally released. Why don't they just STFU, if they don't have any info, which they, obviously, don't.

But of couse, it easier to publish carefully worded false information, confuse people and make some of them think of your website as a respectable one with the access to the inside info.

It has started becoming available with some german online retailers like here. I guess it shouldn't be too long now until it can be purchased through amazon deutschland ( which ships to other countries outside of Germany ).

Wow, first monitor with marketing emphasis on eye health. My eyes are very susceptable to flickering, excess of brightness, crystalline effect etc. If this marketing blabber will be justified - BENQ will be the best company to me :) Can't wait till this display comes to Russia.

But does not ship outside of EU:(
Still, even if amazon Germany itself doesn't sell to certain countries outside the EU, it should be no problem finding an amazon marketplace seller who does.

For example, regarding the GW2760HM, i can count at least 4 among the amazon marketplace seller list who ship worldwide, including the US. I'm guessing that when the GW2760HS becomes available, these same 4 sellers will offer the same shipping terms as with the GW2760HM.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, first monitor with marketing emphasis on eye health. My eyes are very susceptable to flickering, excess of brightness, crystalline effect etc. If this marketing blabber will be justified - BENQ will be the best company to me :) Can't wait till this display comes to Russia.
Eizo came before with their EV series. But they didnt market it as well as Benq are doing, I guess.

Actually as far as PWM free LED, Apple was lightyears ahead. Then came HP two years ago (one model). Then Dell started pushing PWM free displays last year. None of those three did any marketing for it, though. Sort of understand why. If they market specifc models as healthy. Does that mean that the rest of their lineup is unhealthy? Its a bit of a double edged sword.

Sort of funny: http://www.techreleased.com/benqs-gw2760hs-first-flicker-free-monitor-launches-next-month/ .. CEO there uses a similar rhetoric to what I've been using in several of my angry PWM posts. Especially the bit about "it’s not adding great expense to the overall purchase price of the screen".

Sort of funny: http://www.techreleased.com/benqs-gw2760hs-first-flicker-free-monitor-launches-next-month/ .. CEO there uses a similar rhetoric to what I've been using in several of my angry PWM posts. Especially the bit about "it’s not adding great expense to the overall purchase price of the screen".

I've wondered how much it actually costs manufacturers to add things like this, and if the simple reason they don't is because then it makes the rest of their lineup look bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a couple of dollars per panel for PWM free ... maybe $3 for a height adjustable stand .... and $10 or so for an A-TW polarizer. The latter I have seen mentioned on cheapo $200 Fire tablets, so don't think it's insanely expensive to add either.

what excites me about this monitor other than the pwm is the good black levels compared with the new tech they use to get it to show great colors (apparently) and the relatively fast response times AND the ability to change color temperature ++ of the screen (with reading mode - also new i believe). AND that its probably around 300$

How much of this is unique, i dont know but i think it's a very rare combination.

Now what i miss is alittle bigger res on it, glossy screen and not glossy plastic.

Still, even if amazon Germany itself doesn't sell to certain countries outside the EU, it should be no problem finding an amazon marketplace seller who does.

For example, regarding the GW2760HM, i can count at least 4 among the amazon marketplace seller list who ship worldwide, including the US. I'm guessing that when the GW2760HS becomes available, these same 4 sellers will offer the same shipping terms as with the GW2760HM.
To put it bluntly, the current, ahem, availability in one obscure German online store is not at all an indication of the nearest future availability at Amazon. Especially since we have no official information about the EU release, other than knowing that it hadn't happened yet and not expected to happen until May or at least April.

In my 8+ years of online purchasing experience the German webshops were undoubtedly the worst. Nowhere else did I see so many instances of an out of stock product being fully "available" for purchase. The Germans never have any problems charging a customer's credit card for a product they don't have and when in a week or two the hapless victim enquires if the order is already shipped, they tell that they don't currently have it in stock, but will ship it as soon as the supplier delievers.

So, my guess is either they shipped a couple of these monitors from China to sell here at a healthy profit to those who can't wait or what you see there is, actually, only available for pre-order. In either case, not an indication of anything, just as I said.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm waiting for the 24'' version. 27'' is way too big for 1080p. Some day sigh...

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the 24'' version. 27'' is way too big for 1080p. Some day sigh...

That's what I thought too. But now I'm trying at home Dell U2413 with 1920*1200 resolution and I would say this resolution is slighly small for my eyes. Of course you can tune font size in browser, Windows, etc. But some programs are so dumb, they don't have any font size tuning in them. Steam and particulary its achivements popup is a striking example of such nonsence. So 27 inch and 1080p is not so bad.

Thing is i might go surround/eyefinity some day so 24'' is more future proof. 3x27'' would be too big for my office.

Eizo came before with their EV series. But they didnt market it as well as Benq are doing, I guess.

Actually as far as PWM free LED, Apple was lightyears ahead. Then came HP two years ago (one model). Then Dell started pushing PWM free displays last year. None of those three did any marketing for it, though. Sort of understand why. If they market specifc models as healthy. Does that mean that the rest of their lineup is unhealthy? Its a bit of a double edged sword.

I am not sure how light years ahead apple was, there's a huge pwm / eye strain thread going on in the apple support forums, that apple keep, ahem...trimming from time to time. Plenty of models affected. And the new imac has apparently a pwm component according to ifixit.

I am not sure how light years ahead apple was, there's a huge pwm / eye strain thread going on in the apple support forums, that apple keep, ahem...trimming from time to time. Plenty of models affected. And the new imac has apparently a pwm component according to ifixit.
Good of you to point that out. I was refering to what Apple did in the past and for their monitor lineup. Not trying to sell Apples here. I dont even like Apple or their products very much.
Although, I am fairly impressed by the fact that they they seemed to have used PWM-free from the start in their LED-lit monitors. Might even have done it in their CCFL-monitors, for that matter. And that they caught on and did something about it long before anyone even considered it a possible issue. Hence the 'light-year' comment.

They used to be really good, even great, with their product development and the care they put into their computers, but a little after they become apple inc. instead of apple computers inc. they jumped the shark.

I 've been a long time apple fan and have plenty of macs, and i devices. Right now it's always one step forward two steps backwards for them. In the recent imacs they 've not even bothered issuing a tech specs sheet for their screens, as they did with all previous gens, in what they tout as individually calibrated panels. They 've cranked the brightness way too high, reportedly at around 450 cd/m2, for no other reason I suppose than marketing so they are as "shinny" and bright in store as they can.

In the most non ergonomic AIO on the market probably they even dropped vesa across the product line (they used to have it on the 27" one only). Yet they did finally laminate the glass to the display and applied a pretty effective anti reflective coating. But what's the use in that when your monitor is non ergonomic, non height adjustable, and the brightness is scorching. Plus I suspect they do use pwm in their current line up. Ifixit did find a pwm component, and presumably it's for the screen.

Back