Benq G2400WD vs Asus VW246H

Cometer

Weaksauce
Anyone what is better overall?

I'm a gamer by the way and was considering the G2400WD for its reputation in terms of low lag and good image quality for a TN.

Is the Asus VW246H better?

Does it support 1:1 picture mapping like the G2400WD

Remember that the VW246H is 1080p whereas the BenQ will give you the full 1920 x 1200 (16:10) aspect, and thus more flexibility -- especially for PC work. I have the V2400W which uses the same panel and it is a fantastic monitor with virtually zero lag. And I play shooters almost exclusively such as COD4 and L4D and I'm playing just as good on this as I did on my old IIYama CRT which I used for over 10 yrs. Highly recommended.

Not sure about 1:1 on the Asus, perhaps someone else knows.

No experience with the Asus, but I do have the G2400WD, and I love it. I've been using it for gaming and movies since I got it last summer, and I can't believe I waited so long to get it. I use it more for movies than I do my tv!

So not much as changed in the last two months ? The Benq's are still the best TN panels LCDs for gaming and overall

Got my BenQ early January. Returned a Samsung t220 for it. LG L227WTG-PF and HP w2207h prior to the samsung. Zero regrets ending up with the g2400wd, it's fantastic.

My first had a dead red sub pixel (tbh only noticed it when running dead pixel buddy hehe), second one was perfect. Neither has noticeable backlight bleeding or any other problems whatsoever. My friend who let me use his CC to order from NCIXUS will probably keep my original stuck pixel one.

Running next to an MVA the color looks identical. The G2400WD is sharper and brighter even. And the blacks, oh they are nice =)

At under 300 bucks there is no competition IMO.
My only slight beef with it is that you have to tinker with the color settings manually to get it looking at it's best. But this is so minor, and with some tweaking you can make it look perfect for your eyes. I settled on 98R/95G/88B, 48 contrast & 70-80 brightness. This gives me really nice colors and greys.
Each of the screens I returned had problems and things that annoyed me. None of the others could be fixed with tweaking settings though (t220 bleed on edges but otherwise excellent, HP poor reactivity in gaming and 30+ input lag, LG washed out looking color). And this was 24" for the same price as lesser 22 inchers.

Oh and I like watching HD movies better on this than our main TV. 24" is big enough that I can lie in bed ~12 feet away and still see the image good. And it is just so sharp and reactive, and the great blacks/contrast makes dark movies extremely enjoyable. I've been rewatching my favorite seasons of 24 in 720p on this and feeling like I'm there with jack lol!

Back