BenQ EW2750ZL

It doesn't. I am not sure if it's caused by the reflection of the light of the white letters.

Need some better pics asap :). What do you think of the monitor so far and its black levels???

It's as Xorbe is saying.

And again: it may not be the case at all because it depends on OP's video card and drivers version, but:
Quite commonly, maybe like 9 out of 10 times people who just bought a monitor and are unaware of the RGB Full Range settings issue, usually return here or any other community with negative feedback.
Many even return the monitor to the seller without a clue they've sent back a perfectly working display. This waste has been going for many years just because of nVidia's incompetence and people's lack of information.

Proper options have been recently added to the nVidia control panel, but with many monitors it's still required to set RGB full range manually.
The EW2750ZL requires it and the procedure is explained in the review on pcmonitors.

Now if he's got an AMD, the issue might be different, dunno, but the photos indeed aren't okay to tell.

Need some better pics asap :). What do you think of the monitor so far and its black levels???

I don't like them at all. Not good difference between black levels, and not deep enough black (too much birghtness).
http://i.imgur.com/KV65nFZ.jpg

Are you sure that's not IPS?:confused:

:D:D:D Yeah, quite sure :)

It's as Xorbe is saying.

And again: it may not be the case at all because it depends on OP's video card and drivers version, but:
Quite commonly, maybe like 9 out of 10 times people who just bought a monitor and are unaware of the RGB Full Range settings issue, usually return here or any other community with negative feedback.
Many even return the monitor to the seller without a clue they've sent back a perfectly working display. This waste has been going for many years just because of nVidia's incompetence and people's lack of information.

Proper options have been recently added to the nVidia control panel, but with many monitors it's still required to set RGB full range manually.
The EW2750ZL requires it and the procedure is explained in the review on pcmonitors.

Now if he's got an AMD, the issue might be different, dunno, but the photos indeed aren't okay to tell.

I am not a photo professional, neither a well informed user, my PC is conected using VGA and it has an integrated video card. In such circumstances, I see black crushing, the black color seems quite bright and the image has some problems if you adjust low bright and high contrast on settings, like here:

Bright: 0
Contrast: 100
http://i.imgur.com/BXCptz4.jpg

Bright: 50
Contrast: 50
http://i.imgur.com/RcIm8cF.jpg

There you can see the world map kind of dissapears with low brightness and high contrast.

Last edited:
You're using VGA. Maybe that is a problem? :confused: I've seen similar VA panels and never seen anything as bad as your photos.

Yea, that looks real bad. Try testing it out with an xbox one or ps4 and play a game or blu ray.

Yea, that looks real bad. Try testing it out with an xbox one or ps4 and play a game or blu ray.

I only have a LG mobile to connect using MHL, but I think it is not possible since LG has a different MHL protocol.

I am sending the monitor back to Amazon.

Best regards.

Are you gonna try another one or a totally different monitor? Would be interesting if you tried out the samsung s32e590c.

VGA from an iGPU and MHL ?

OMG that's not the kind of things you want to try first, to know if your monitor is working well you should use a digital connection HDMI or DVI, preferably from a normal GPU (integrated suck balls and automatically apply wrong settings so often it's ridiculous) or indeed an external source such as a HD console.
And check the RGB settings in both cases.

It may work pefectly well but not straight away with VGA or MHL, these things are 1: legacy, 2: unconventional, whether from the signal carried or the source.
Today's monitors and sources may require specific settings both from the monitor's firmware and the source you may not know about or could easily miss (considering those are kind of the third wheel for modern engineers and designers).
I've owned or worked with several displays that never worked as intended with those right-away, always had to find the correct settings where I wasn't expecting them, or force things to get around stupid automatic (=wrong) settings applying in either display or the source.

As long as you haven't done the 'expected primary use' thing (normal digital from normal gpu) you cannot objectively judge whether the monitor is OK or faulty.
You may be returning a perfectly working unit, and buying a larger and more expensive monitor doesn't guarantee you won't run into similar problems if you intend to do the same with it (iGPU VGA and MHL).

Of course there's the possibility it really is faulty, but personally I would try everything before returning it.

Back