BenQ E2200HDA Full HD 16:9

LOL,

Don't worry. More info is coming. So far I HAVE tested input lag and it is resoundingly low. Less than 6ms in general with overdrive / AMA on, so in that regard it should be quite good. Only one shot out of 50 came in at 31ms behind the CRT, and the rest were either 0 or 1 frame behind.

Color calibration on both from the factory seems pretty good too. Lacie and BasiCColor both show average "delta E"94 to be less than 3 which is above average on both monitors.

Oh, and both make good TVs too. They are much better with an HD cable box than the V2400W was.

Just organizing my photos. There will be less talk on this review and more photos.

well my E2400 is here FINALLY!

First impressions....

No HDMI cable.. expected
No DVI cable.... VGA cable only?

I happen to have a a spare cable but targeting at consumers they wont want to go and a DVI cable.

Visually this monitor is a gorgeous. You can tell its not a high quality panel but the picture meets or exceeds my basic gaming standards for a monitor and does it with minimal backlight bleed.

Please feel free to post any requests/questions you might have for this monitor as I will try to provide any info I can to help you decide on a purchase

well my E2400 is here FINALLY!

First impressions....

No HDMI cable.. expected
No DVI cable.... VGA cable only?

I happen to have a a spare cable but targeting at consumers they wont want to go and a DVI cable.

Visually this monitor is a gorgeous. You can tell its not a high quality panel but the picture meets or exceeds my basic gaming standards for a monitor and does it with minimal backlight bleed.

Please feel free to post any requests/questions you might have for this monitor as I will try to provide any info I can to help you decide on a purchase

Some pics would be nice, please. :)

That does suck that the monitor doesn't come with at least a DVI cable. :/ I still can't decide on a 24 vs 22 in monitor. I just think that the 24 would be too big for FPS but everyone else just says it takes a while to get used to. I had a Gateway 24 inch monitor for two weeks and returned it. How long does it take to get used to? :confused:

That's odd. My E2200HD came with both DVI and VGA cables.

No complaints here still, have really been liking the monitor.

Can someone confirm if the stand is removable on the E2200HD? I'm looking for a low-input lag widescreen of either 22" or 24" to put in an arcade cabinet, and it needs to be standless/VESA mountable.

The monitor absolutely must fit within 56cm horizontal space - the 16:9 24" don't do this, so I'm either going to have to find a 16:10 24" that has low input lag (the G2400WD doesn't exist in New Zealand unfortunately, only the V2400 which can't be VESA mounted, so I think I'm reasonably out of luck there) or settle for a 22" 16x9 such as the E2200HD. BenQ aren't very available here actually, so I may even have to end up with a Samsung 2493HM simply because it's something I can get.

I'm tending towards 16:9 because I intend to put a PS3 into the arcade cabinet at some point.

edit: Nevermind, local supplier can't source either of those BenQ models :( Not sure what I can do from here, just read a review of e10's of the 2493HM which doesn't make it look that great for PS3 (oval circles). Gah!

That's odd. My E2200HD came with both DVI and VGA cables.

No complaints here still, have really been liking the monitor.

That's too bad about no 'useful' cables being supplied. My FP241VW was just delivered today (ordered direct from BenQ less than 48 hours ago) and it came with VGA, DVI, and HDMI cables.

Now Benq's site is saying the E2200HD is pre-sale. Anyone know what's going on with that? :/

Does this monitor have a glossy or matte screen? I can't seem to find that information anywhere on the BenQ site, just that the casing is "glossy black".

I want to buy this monitor, could you please take some pictures of the monitor it's self so I can see what it look's like.

I have the HP W2228h at the moment at it look's really nice, might give it back for this but want to see what it looks like.

Thank's

Can anyone that has bought anything from shop.benq.us tell me from where does benq ship the monitor from? I am looking to buy either the E2200HD/E2400HD and I want to try to time my order so that it arrives on my days off.

you can call 949-2559481. The BenQ store rep shall be able to help.

V2400W - Aspect ratio 16:10, 4000:1 DCR, 2ms, TN, 1920X1200, 1:1 pixel mapping available
E2400HD - Aspect ration 16:9, 10,000:1 DCR, TN, 1920X1080

The major difference is the aspect ratio and dynamic contrast ratio. E seems to be a bit more upgraded but because it is 16:9 the display area is smaller than 16:10. If you use your monitor mostly for gaming and watching movie, E2400HD seems to be a better fit. However, I have never seen and used E2400HD in person so I really can not compare it with V2400W which I have owned for more than 3 months and love it.

I've been looking around for a viable 16:9 monitor so I can fully experience my ps3. the E2X00HD series was appealing but, as I already have a 22" monitor I didn't feel justified spending the money to upgrade. However, I found th E2400HD for a STEAL of a price. $305 total, that's including shipping from Canada.
http://www.shopsharksystems.com/browse/currency-USD/product/E2400HD

At first I thought these guys were shady, but they have great reviews on google and resellerratings.com. Just placed my order, and I'm stoked.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that the price only appears if you enter through google shopping, so try this link instead:
http://www.google.com/product_url?q...yznk2stxBqM9xgAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

Yeah I say if you have a 22" monitor right now then the e2200hd would be a down grade even though the e2200hd is superior (imo) to standard 16:10 monitors.

I've been looking around for a viable 16:9 monitor so I can fully experience my ps3. the E2X00HD series was appealing but, as I already have a 22" monitor I didn't feel justified spending the money to upgrade. However, I found th E2400HD for a STEAL of a price. $305 total, that's including shipping from Canada.

At first I thought these guys were shady, but they have great reviews on google and resellerratings.com. Just placed my order, and I'm stoked.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that the price only appears if you enter through google shopping, so try this link instead:
http://www.google.com/product_url?q...yznk2stxBqM9xgAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

That is over $100 cheaper than the BenQ website due to the cheaper base price, shipping, and no tax for CA. I would hop on this deal but how does the aspect ratio fair when trying to edit photos?

Does it still have a 3 year warranty if shipped to the U.S.?

I emailed shark systems asking them also

What an amazing deal! Thanks for posting this. I am going to wait for the E2200HD to come in stock though as 24in. would be too big for me.

Ordered mine from Ncix. $190.41 shipped Fedex 3day with ExpressRMA insurance :)

The deal just keeps getting better! I searched E2200HD on there site and there are two different models. How do you know the difference? I am a bit confused, but would like to order one right away. :/

i think there is one that only has vga.

Thanks, but I think they both have VGA. I looked at one of the specs and the one that has DVI and HDMI also has VGA. I don't know what to do. At least they are out of stock for a while so I have time to decide.

I was selected by BenQ for one of the forum reviews, but they ran out of stock, so I won't be getting my unit for another week or two.

I checked up on my order with NCIX.com (canadian version) for the E2200HD. I asked when they were receiving the LCD's from BenQ. They answered that the SKU's for the E2200HD had been "discontinued" by the manufacturer. Here's what they said:

Hello Druneau,
I have looked into your order and found that unfortunately the item you have ordered (SKU#38079M22) has been unexpectedly discontinued by our supplier. I can either put in a request to change the item in your order with something else that you would like on our website, or I can put in a request to remove the item from the order and you will receive a full refund for the discontinued item. Please let me know what course of action you would like to take. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.
Thank you for choosing NCIX.com. [=
========================

Now I'm not convinced this screen will disappear just like that... I sent an email to BenQ to see if they would answer with some logical explanation. I'm hoping it's just NCIX that are mixed up.

If any of you guys get status updates from where you purchased your E2200HD please let me know.

EDIT: Just to get it out of the way, there are 2 SKU's on www.ncix.com for (canadian version) the E2200HD, they have confirmed that both have been *discontinued* by the manufacturer.

I jumped on this deal friday. Got the shipping notification today. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. It was $305 with Shipping US.

Just a follow up on my previous post. I've given up on the E2200HD (since they are telling me they won't get any) and purchased an E2400HD from directcanada.com (357 CAD at my door). Comes out to 110$ more than the E2200HD. I really wanted the small pixels (hoping it would make up for no AA on consoles).

I just ordered my E2400HD from shark systems too last night, can't wait til it gets here in 8-20 days x)

Back