BenQ BL3201PT 4K monitor

32" is a good size for it?

It's said that Steam chat text can be fuzzy even at 32', but I don't know as I own a 30 inch monitor. But yes, it should be good since people are satisfied with 28' 4K panels. However I think 4K might scale the best around 35-40 inches.

It's been a long time since I have been excited about a monitor,, but this one if its all true, will be pretty amazing. If its priced around 1k I think I will pick it up

32"
60Hz
IPS
SST (maybe/hopefully?)
flicker-free

It's like they read my mind on this.

Since its being shown as a designers monitor my only concern is if it's going to have a crazy amount of input lag. I currently use an IPS but don't notice any input lag, also helps that mine doesn't have a scalier. Some other IPS monitors though have a crazy high amount though and I hope this isn't one of them. That may be the only deal breaker, not asking for super fast gaming monitor low input lag, only asking for reasonable.

Last edited:
Isn't it a VA panel...
AHVA (Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle) is an IPS-type technology by AU Optronics. While their own page compares it to VA, the pixel matrix and contrast performance are nearly identical to IPS. But I would definitely love to see a 4k panel using a VA.

32" is still too small for 4k desktop usage in my opinion, but it's a step in the right direction with all the 28" TN panels flooding the market. The dot pitch at 4k of a 39-40" would be perfect for me.

Last edited:
Looking at a 39-40" monitor from less than 3 feet away would be annoying at best -- I have no issues with 4k @ 24", but I do still have good eyesight.

I'd call 30"-32" great, you still get "good" pixel density without running into huge scaling issues.

Didn't even know these were released yet! And only $1k for 32" 4k IPS? Damn, I might have to get one... I'd like to wait and see what the input lag is like first, though. The PT with the AHVA panel might be better as far as input lag is concerned.

Hmm... B&H says shipping in 7-14 days, so I doubt that they actually have any on hand. This is the BL3201PH by the way, which is the IPS-variant.

Didn't even know these were released yet! And only $1k for 32" 4k IPS? Damn, I might have to get one... I'd like to wait and see what the input lag is like first, though. The PT with the AHVA panel might be better as far as input lag is concerned.

Hmm... B&H says shipping in 7-14 days, so I doubt that they actually have any on hand. This is the BL3201PH by the way, which is the IPS-variant.

They may be the very same monitors, labeled differently for different markets. The BL3201PT is also mentioned as an IPS panel in the BenQ's US website.

$1000 for this UHD monitor: that's half the price of the Samsung UD970 and less than half the price of the Dell UP3214Q. Unbelievable.

They may be the very same monitors, labeled differently for different markets. The BL3201PT is also mentioned as an IPS panel in the BenQ's US website.

$1000 for this UHD monitor: that's half the price of the Samsung UD970 and less than half the price of the Dell UP3214Q. Unbelievable.

Yeah, this is only 300-400 more than the non-4k VA version of this monitor...

I wonder how the backlight bleed will be on such a huge IPS screen though

The product page on BenQ's site says IPS "technology," which could in fact mean AHVA. But the BL2710PT which we know to be IPS is also listed as "IPS technology..."

I can't find any official information on the PH model anywhere beyond press releases...

The product page on BenQ's site says IPS "technology," which could in fact mean AHVA. But the BL2710PT which we know to be IPS is also listed as "IPS technology..."

I can't find any official information on the PH model anywhere beyond press releases...

The BL2710PT is AHVA. :confused:

OMG... So confusing!

AHVA is an IPS-based technology, so it's still IPS one way or another.

OMG... So confusing!

AHVA is an IPS-based technology, so it's still IPS one way or another.

Yes. Sorry I thought you were saying the BL2710PT is IPS NOT AHVA. They are basically the same thing, yea.

Why don't you contact them and correct it?

It's an old press release for a monitor that's been out for a considerable amount of time already, I doubt BenQ cares. I came across it a while ago while looking for information on the BL3201PH (mentioned in the article as well). Given their product labeling, it stuck out to me as being rather comical; though, it may be better to blame AUO for naming their IPS-like technology so close to *VA.

so, when is this monitor going on sale? I've been waiting for a few weeks...also, will the dpi in a real world usage as good as retina macbook pro. I mean, of course I'll sit further away with this monitor....it's just that yosemite fonts are ugly on non-retina displays..

Ah, good thing this monitor isn't using that 31.5" dud IGZO panel. Was worried. Looks like it could be a good monitor here..

Subbed; going to be keeping an eye on this one.

If this is confirmed to be IPS, i would wait for input lag and contrast tests before pulling the trigger. i fell in love with the true blacks of mey benqs bl2400pt / seiki 39" 4k to go back to the light gray of IPS.

If this is confirmed to be IPS, i would wait for input lag and contrast tests before pulling the trigger. i fell in love with the true blacks of mey benqs bl2400pt / seiki 39" 4k to go back to the light gray of IPS.
It's IPS, so we know contrast is going to be around to 1000:1 (probably closer to 900:1 in practice). VA panels also typically have comparable or worse input lag compared to an IPS-type panel. Since it's 4k I would expect between 1 and 2 frames of lag (16-35 ms) depending on image processing and overdrive settings.

The wait is freaking killing me. It sucks because this monitor was announced quite awhile ago...yet it's still not on store shelves. IMO this is the next big thing when it comes to 4k monitors. First we had the IGZOs that were outrageously priced at $3500. Then we had the cheap 28 inch TN 4k panels, which are nice for around $600...but way too small to read text IMO. Now we just need that 32 inch IPS/PLS 4k panel for a reasonable price of $1000-$1200.

The LG Cinema 31 inch 4k monitor right now for $1400 is the only competition right now. But it runs in 4096x2160. Not 3840x2160. Sure the extra wide pixels would be fine for desktop use. But I'm nervous about compatibility with games, which most games are developed in 16:9.

Acer is dragging their feet releasing the $999 B326HK in the US, it's been available in Europe for several months now, probably using the same 31.5" PLS panel that Samsung, Eizo, and Benq are all using in their displays. The B326HK was added to amazon a few weeks ago as a pre-order and then removed a few days ago.

Acer is dragging their feet releasing the $999 B326HK in the US, it's been available in Europe for several months now, probably using the same 31.5" PLS panel that Samsung, Eizo, and Benq are all using in their displays. The B326HK was added to amazon a few weeks ago as a pre-order and then removed a few days ago.

It's as if they are sitting on their hands, waiting for the first company to make a move so they can undercut. When few of the companies have anything unique to offer, maybe this sounds like the best course of action.

Can't help but think one could garner big 4k marketshare, just by being first to market with a strong offering :confused:

You ready for DAI tomorrow? I heard its been getting some good reviews, I can't wait to see how it performs. I hope EA didn't royally screw it up.

And yes, somebody needs to release a damn 32 inch class, single tiled, IPS/PLS type 4k panel soon. I'd prefer a big name like Dell or Asus, but I don't mind going with the other guys like Acer or BENQ. I'm freaking dying here!!

You ready for DAI tomorrow? I heard its been getting some good reviews, I can't wait to see how it performs. I hope EA didn't royally screw it up.

And yes, somebody needs to release a damn 32 inch class, single tiled, IPS/PLS type 4k panel soon. I'd prefer a big name like Dell or Asus, but I don't mind going with the other guys like Acer or BENQ. I'm freaking dying here!!

lol I have it pre-loaded. I was hoping the Samsung UD970 would be my 4K display for Dragon Age but the AG coating was too strong for me. If the Benq and Acer have the same panel it'll probably look the same but for $999 I could probably deal with it. Not for $2,000.

Looks like the first decent and "affordable" sized IPS SST monitor is going to be the Dell P2715Q. Too bad it's not due until 12/5/14. Oh well, I'll make a second Dragon Age playthrough at 4K :D

I was waiting for this monitor.
But I couldnt wait and finally, one week ago, have the Acer IPS 4K UHD.

And Im really happy with it.
Had in the past year:
Dell U3014, Samsung TN 28" UHD, Benq 32" 1440 and finally the Acer. And is the best one of them all.

I was waiting for this monitor.
But I couldnt wait and finally, one week ago, have the Acer IPS 4K UHD.

And Im really happy with it.
Had in the past year:
Dell U3014, Samsung TN 28" UHD, Benq 32" 1440 and finally the Acer. And is the best one of them all.

Which monitor did u buy?

Which monitor did u buy?

He probably bought the Acer B326HK, which uses the same 31.5" PLS panel on the Samsung UD970, Eizo EV3237, and Benq BL3201PH. It's available in Europe for around ~950 Euro. Should be available in the US either by January or February at the latest at the same price as the Benq BL3201PH at $999.

This new panel one is an alternative to IPS made by AUO.
I wonder if it will have same light bleed as IPS.

Back