Benq BL3200PT (32" 1440p)

Guys -- just to let you know I just installed the November Built BL3200PT that got as an exchange yesterday. CHecked GE, Origin etc -- flicker is gone! Thank you BenQ for resolving this issue so quickly -- super happy with this massive monitor

Have you checked what firmware your monitor has? Maybe they fixed the problem in october and newer builds.

I would honestly love to get this monitor (again) , just there is no option for me to ask bestbuy\future shop which manufacturing date will be shipped to me.

No other local stores carry them ://

i am tired of taking it back :(

I would honestly love to get this monitor (again) , just there is no option for me to ask bestbuy\future shop which manufacturing date will be shipped to me.

No other local stores carry them ://

i am tired of taking it back :(

Even after having the BL3201PH, you would still get this one again?

yes sir, to be honest with you (in my personal opinion) i like 2k @ 32" better then 4K @ 32" with scaling.

I spend at least 10 hours a day in front of the Monitor (as i work from home) and it was much easier on eyes for me, compared to any 4K monitor i tried.

Also, couple days ago, i dumped my r9 290 setup for a single nvidia 980, and so far, a single 980 has no problems pushing any game i play\try @ 2k resolution.

I am currently using my wife's GW2765 (BenQ) until i figure out where to get this BL3200PT or if i will wait for March and get 2K Acer 144HZ (IPS) GSYNC Monitor.

Thanks for the information. I want the huge desktop real estate that 4K provides but without the small text of a 32" 4K monitor...hence I am waiting for the Philips 40" BDM4065UC to appear on Amazon again. I think it will be my perfect monitor for a while.

I agree with you - I have a GTX 970 and I have no problems at all playing at 2K or even 3440x1440.

That's the first I've heard of the Acer 144Hz IPS G-Sync monitor. What size is it? Just wondering how it will compare to the Asus MG279Q. :)

I received the monitor, it's great. No dead pixel, no flickering
Please tell me how do i turn off the power led, after i shut down Windows.
Is there an option under OSD?
Thanks

I received the monitor, it's great. No dead pixel, no flickering
Please tell me how do i turn off the power led, after i shut down Windows.
Is there an option under OSD?
Thanks
Not possible. I used a small piece of black duct tape to block the light of the power LED. Works perfectly and the tape is only visible up-close.

I had the Benq and the Acer .. both have the colorshift, the Acer a bit more. But i sent both back, because of flicker/ banding. Banding was on Acer a lot better, so both monitors have pros and cons. Colour and Menu on Benq a lot better. Samsung have PWM so it was not an option for me.

ps: the LG 34um95 stayed, much better monitor than expected and much better than Acer 32" and Benq 32", so i wait for a better PVA-build. Skyrim, Star Citizien or other things and working space in wide-screen is really impressive also the Panel-quality.

Last edited:
Is there a software / web site / to test the flickering ?
I didn't notice the flickering, only on the game War Thunder ( some maps / different settings ingame ) but i'm not sure if it's flickering or is from the game / map
On Google Earth, on the same location described in this thread, i didn't see the flickering at all

Last edited:
hi to all, monitor arrived and connect to my mac mini: AWESOME! but now i've another problem: VOLUME!

i've connected my 2.1 to the headphone connector and even with volume of the monitor and itunes at the max, sound is very low! if i disconnect the jack of the 2.1 and connect it to my macbook air it sound very high!!

please help me!

Is there a software / web site / to test the flickering ?
I didn't notice the flickering, only on the game War Thunder ( some maps / different settings ingame ) but i'm not sure if it's flickering or is from the game / map
On Google Earth, on the same location described in this thread, i didn't see the flickering at all

Try scrolling up and down on ea's origin website.

I did try it on war thunder, but, i never seen any flickering.

only game i saw flickering in was command and conquer.

Getting flashing on all of those, I remember trying the second Google earth link or similar when I first got the monitor, tried for a pretty long time and didn't notice any flashing.

I'm still not sure whether it has always flashed or not, but honestly I didn't notice it once in prior time using this monitor, now as of only recently I'm seeing it a lot.

Honestly though I went with this monitor in the first place as I'm in Australia and Benq warranty can be managed within the country, as opposed to dealing with a company like Asus which
would likely cause some headaches. It's a shame a purchase of a monitor has to be so highly influenced on an expectancy of problems, seems like that with a lot or even most on the market currently.
Just received my monitor back from Benq and after the firmware update all is well and no longer getting flashing on these pages which I previously was.

Just received my monitor back from Benq and after the firmware update all is well and no longer getting flashing on these pages which I previously was.

Same here, i received a new monitor after RMAing mine.

The new one i received was built in november and it has no flicker at all !

And on the plus side, it also has less banding (slight one though), and the RMA only took 4 days shippings included !

Kudos to BenQ ! :)

Just got one of these yesterday. Ordered from Amazon, received a unit manufactured in September. Cannot reproduce any flickering on Google Earth or origin.com. No dead pixels, minor banding.

Pretty satisfied with this thing, only I came to it from a very fast BenQ G2400W, so I do notice some ghosting in a few rare instances whereas I'm used to having none at all. I don't think I can discern the presumably increased input lag though.

Finally, I do see minor changes in brightness/contrast at the edges of the screen when I move my head, even though my eyes are about 3 feet away. My desk is already pretty huge, but I kind of wish I could push the panel back another 6 inches or so. I also wish the minimum brightness was slightly dimmer. But those are pretty minor quibbles/adjustments and I'm probably going to stick with it.

Same here, i received a new monitor after RMAing mine.

The new one i received was built in november and it has no flicker at all !

And on the plus side, it also has less banding (slight one though), and the RMA only took 4 days shippings included !

Kudos to BenQ ! :)

Congrats!
They paid for shipping both ways? Are you in the US?
Have you noticed anything else looking slightly different with their upgraded firmware?

Also, according to BenQ's site, Amazon is not an Authorized reseller. In case anybody wants to RMA their Amazon purchased monitor to BenQ.

BenQ America Corp. only sells products through authorized distributors and dealers to ensure that customers obtain proper support and service. If a BenQ product is purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, support will not be honored under the existing BenQ warranty policy. Any sale of products by an unauthorized source or other manner not authorized by BenQ will void the warranty on the applicable product. If you have questions about a reseller, or would like a list of Authorized Dealers near your location, please contact BenQ at [email protected] .

Any BenQ products that have been purchased from an UNAUTHORIZED dealer(including, but not limited to traditional retailer, mail order outlet, or online dealer) OR if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way WILL NOT be honored or serviced under the existing BenQ warranty policy.

This sucks since I have a $113 Amazon gift card I want to use. Is the firmware date on a label outside of the box? I wonder if Amazon would go through the hassle.

Last edited:
Congrats!
They paid for shipping both ways? Are you in the US?
Have you noticed anything else looking slightly different with their upgraded firmware?

Also, according to BenQ's site, Amazon is not an Authorized reseller. In case anybody wants to RMA their Amazon purchased monitor to BenQ.

BenQ America Corp. only sells products through authorized distributors and dealers to ensure that customers obtain proper support and service. If a BenQ product is purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, support will not be honored under the existing BenQ warranty policy. Any sale of products by an unauthorized source or other manner not authorized by BenQ will void the warranty on the applicable product. If you have questions about a reseller, or would like a list of Authorized Dealers near your location, please contact BenQ at [email protected] .

Any BenQ products that have been purchased from an UNAUTHORIZED dealer(including, but not limited to traditional retailer, mail order outlet, or online dealer) OR if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced or replaced in any way WILL NOT be honored or serviced under the existing BenQ warranty policy.

This sucks since I have a $113 Amazon gift card I want to use. Is the firmware date on a label outside of the box? I wonder if Amazon would go through the hassle.

Yeah they paid both way (with UPS), but i'm in Europe, so things may differ in the US.

Other than the fixed flickering, nothing has changed at all in the firmware. I do suspect that the panel itself is at fault there (hence why they sent me a new one instead of upgrading the firmware of my previous one).

That's strange for amazon's status, i would've thought they were an authorized reseller ... But things works differently in europe, since a product bought from any shop can be brought in RMA (the serial number is the proof there, not the shop).

Best thing to do would be to contact them to innocently ask for informations about the warranty if you buy the screen via amazon ;)

I couldn't reproduce the flickering when I tried again later, so I told myself maybe it's a rare enough issue that I can just forget about it for now, and RMA later if it becomes a more frequent problem. But I guess if Amazon is not an authorized reseller, that is not an option...

Strange that they have both an Authorized Reseller list and a DeAuthorized Reseller list. Amazon and Newegg are not on either list.

Yeah they paid both way (with UPS), but i'm in Europe, so things may differ in the US.

Other than the fixed flickering, nothing has changed at all in the firmware. I do suspect that the panel itself is at fault there (hence why they sent me a new one instead of upgrading the firmware of my previous one).

That's strange for amazon's status, i would've thought they were an authorized reseller ... But things works differently in europe, since a product bought from any shop can be brought in RMA (the serial number is the proof there, not the shop).

Best thing to do would be to contact them to innocently ask for informations about the warranty if you buy the screen via amazon ;)

I did. BenQ's response is a little confusing. Decipher.
I asked if it would be under warranty.

Will replied:

"it would not be as Amazon are our authorized dealer."

Update. I asked him to translate what he said lol
"What i said was that your warranty would NOT be void as Amazon ARE our authorized dealer."
Strange I can't find Amazon listed as an authorized dealer on their site
http://www.benq.us/support/dealers/authorized_resellers/

Last edited:
I did. BenQ's response is a little confusing. Decipher.
I asked if it would be under warranty.

Will replied:

"it would not be as Amazon are our authorized dealer."

Update. I asked him to translate what he said lol
"What i said was that your warranty would NOT be void as Amazon ARE our authorized dealer."
Strange I can't find Amazon listed as an authorized dealer on their site
http://www.benq.us/support/dealers/authorized_resellers/

Well, maybe there's not enough space on the website to list all of the authorised resellers :D

That is strange though, since amazon is a very big company ... Anyway, he clearly stated that the warranty would not be void and that amazon is an authorized reseller so i'd say go for it.

If something goes wrong with the RMA you can still send it back to amazon.

i have bad eye vision (glasses) and this monitor is tough on the eyes for me.

everything is so small, and when i try to mess with it things get too blown up too much. i cant find a medium of the two.

ive been runing of integrated graphics so i havent tested games, but no problems occured in google maps.

i have bad eye vision (glasses) and this monitor is tough on the eyes for me.

everything is so small, and when i try to mess with it things get too blown up too much. i cant find a medium of the two.

ive been runing of integrated graphics so i havent tested games, but no problems occured in google maps.

That's kind of surprising to hear since this monitor actually has fewer pixels per inch than most alternatives. Windows should allow you to select a custom DPI scaling percentage though, if the standard options aren't suitable. If you really want to go without scaling you might be best off with a 1080p 27" monitor.

When I first plugged in my BL3200, it hurt my eyes a bit, but I quickly found that to be due to the brightness being set at 100%. Now I usually leave it at 0, almost wish it went a little lower...

If anyone needs an alternate Google Earth test case, try zooming most or all of the way in on Barcelona; when I did that, it was flashing almost constantly during scrolling, much more readily than the Himalayas on that youtube video. However, I couldn't reproduce it later, so who knows.

Thanks Despotes for clarifying that Amazon are indeed an authorized reseller; I'm going to hold on to this unit for now, since I know it'll still be an option to RMA if the problem reappears much later.

The thing that I find unfortunate is that this is a truly excellent monitor, but many were put off by it or overlooked it due to the focus on the flashing issue that went on for pages upon pages. Now that the issue has been resolved, most people who were interested in it have probably opted for something else.

I don't know if there were any threads like this on other forums, but maybe now we can shift the focus back to how amazing the monitor is in other respects. 34" 21:9 displays and 4K monitors have certainly stolen some of the limelight since this monitor was released, but there is undoubtedly still a market for it (people who don't want ultrawide or 4K due to vision or GPU limitations, or people upgrading from 1080p who just want a big beautiful 16:9 1440p display).

The thing that I find unfortunate is that this is a truly excellent monitor, but many were put off by it or overlooked it due to the focus on the flashing issue that went on for pages upon pages. Now that the issue has been resolved, most people who were interested in it have probably opted for something else.

I don't know if there were any threads like this on other forums, but maybe now we can shift the focus back to how amazing the monitor is in other respects. 34" 21:9 displays and 4K monitors have certainly stolen some of the limelight since this monitor was released, but there is undoubtedly still a market for it (people who don't want ultrawide or 4K due to vision or GPU limitations, or people upgrading from 1080p who just want a big beautiful 16:9 1440p display).

Has it been resolved? Don't you have to send it in to BenQ, assuming it was purchased from an Authorized dealer, and have them update the firmware?

Has Google earth become the n°1 application for Benq users ?

The monitor is amazing in many aspects.

It's not like you were browsing GE every day, now werent you ?

Many people have experienced flickering not just with Google maps, but under other circumstances.
Localized flicker might be tolerable, but when the entire screen flickers under a variety of examples from a $650 monitor one tends to have a slightly less than satisfied feeling.
FYI, I'm still considering this monitor.
The GE site might be flicker free. Will you check it out for us? ;)

Has it been resolved? Don't you have to send it in to BenQ, assuming it was purchased from an Authorized dealer, and have them update the firmware?

Well yeah, if you have one with the issue then you have to send to BenQ but that's a far better position than the affected people were in a few weeks ago. At least the manufacturer has recognized the issue and identified a fix.

And for anyone buying going forward, hopefully the units shipping to retailers now are new enough to already have the fix applied. But, since there's always the chance of getting old stock (for a while, anyway), I'd make sure whomever you're ordering from can verify a manufacturing date for you if you can't lay eyes on the box yourself.

That's kind of surprising to hear since this monitor actually has fewer pixels per inch than most alternatives. Windows should allow you to select a custom DPI scaling percentage though, if the standard options aren't suitable. If you really want to go without scaling you might be best off with a 1080p 27" monitor.

When I first plugged in my BL3200, it hurt my eyes a bit, but I quickly found that to be due to the brightness being set at 100%. Now I usually leave it at 0, almost wish it went a little lower...

where exactly do you go for the custom DPI setting? (windows 8.1)

Has Google earth become the n°1 application for Benq users ?

The monitor is amazing in many aspects.

It's not like you were browsing GE every day, now werent you ?

Well, it also flickers on Origin, and skyrim. I do think that those two are regular applications that Benq users can launch.

And if it can flick on those two, what could happen on several other games in the future ? Google earth is just a potent way to reproduce the problem, nothing else.

Yeah, this monitor is amazing, and i wouldn't be able to give up mine now that i've had it for some time. The flicker problem still exists, but now that Benq has identified the problem and offers a fix for it, it has no contender in its particular category (The Benq version of this panel is the best one, and other brands as samsung and acer also have the flicker problem).

" but now that Benq has identified the problem and offers a fix for it, it has no contender in its particular category (The Benq version of this panel is the best one, and other brands as samsung and acer also have the flicker problem "
How would BenQ fix this ?

Back